A Culinary Artillery 1.1.3

l33tmaan

image.png.70fb96e1c7700f33abe6e84e32ce8854.png

DOWNLOAD HERE           GITHUB            PATREON
NOTE: PLEASE POST WHAT VERSION OF THIS MOD YOU ARE USING WHEN POSTING BUG REPORTS OR QUESTIONS

All the tools from Expanded Foods, split out into a separate library for general usage! On their own they won't be of much use. You will need another mod, such as Expanded Foods, in order to get any real use out of this. Other modders can feel free to use the stuff from this mod as needed - these are the PEOPLE'S recipes now! 

Now compatible with Wildcraft Trees!

New Tools!

Spoiler

Bottles

Spoiler

image.jpeg.f043f5f9d37c69b2123fe22f58a504a8.jpeg

They can be made from clay or glass, and can hold liquids. You can drink from them by right-clicking over empty space (MAKE SURE YOU AREN'T TARGETING ANYTHING). Liquids stored within bottles perish at 1/10th the normal rate, greatly extending any liquid's shelf life.

Bottle Racks

Spoiler

image.jpeg.d73023ae598562eef7398d9fd5564b99.jpeg

Made from planks, the bottle rack is an efficient storage solution for all your bottles.

Saucepan

Spoiler

image.jpeg.780a1e017f643c5e04bb306d7801f024.jpeg     image.png.f9d4a23b17f60b9bda49405291e4f9d8.png

Made from clay, this pan holds liquids. It can be placed over a firepit and have solids or liquids added to it to boil them down. You can also place a lid on it to somewhat preserve your liquids.
NOTE: In order to actually boil something,  you need to place the saucepan on a firepit and then you place items into its slots. It will NOT just boil liquids that are stored in it as if it were a bucket. This is called a "simmer" recipe within the game's files.

Cauldron/Mini Cauldron

Spoiler

image.jpeg.92f471df0c97d53d6390ebe008371bc7.jpeg     image.jpeg.64d724efb59a0a839009dac605142762.jpeg     image.png.da3574058b586eb17829135f3fa2b6c9.png

Cast metal in a clay cauldron/mini-cauldron mold to make the cauldron. It's the saucepan, but way bigger - AND better at preserving your liquids!

Spile

Spoiler

image.jpeg.36953d0a785473d7dd608d3161d50b96.jpeg

This metal tube can be shoved into a tree to cause it to leak liquids during certain months. On its own it doesn't do anything, but other mods can configure what trees drop what sap, and when. You can also define different drip rates for different "tree-feels".

Meat Rack

Spoiler

image.jpeg.f595faa1556907b15d2781b89dde29f4.jpeg

The hooks have to be made from ingots. Placing items on a meat rack causes it to dry into something else. This relies on the new meathookable attribute, but it should also accept stuff that can be placed on the herb racks from the Alchemy mod. 
In order for an item to actually dry into a new item, it must FINISH drying before it BEGINS to rot.
You can also hang mini-cauldrons, saucepans, and meat cleavers from them.

Mixing Bowl

Spoiler

image.jpeg.385b0251c27a6c654bf9de5dcaf92c3c.jpeg     image.png.1d944f6c218497733b17d170dd77df90.png

The most crucial of the new additions, the mixing bowl is used to create many of the overhauled expanded foods - you place items in the top 6 slots to make something new and exciting. It can be hooked up to mechanical power to automatically mix food. It can also be locked to have only certain items be accepted in certain slots (doesn't include liquids). You can lock the top part with CTRL.
It is used for Kneading recipes and Mixing recipes. Kneading recipes always result in an item, which may or may not have the Expanded Foods class. If it does have the EF class, then the new item can handle multiple nutrition types at once.
Mixing recipes require a pot to be placed in the bottom-left slot, as shown in the above picture. This results in a meal that can handle more ingredient inputs than standard meals - so be careful when making mixing recipes. 

Rolling Pin

Spoiler

image.jpeg.19e5cc3ea17a8dab71c74595d134c770.jpeg

Rolling pins are made from wood or metal and can be used as an improved weapon or for smashing foods. Currently only used in grid recipes, but will hopefully be expanded upon in the future.

New Food Mechanics!

Spoiler

Egg Cracking

Spoiler

image.jpeg.f883b8d79a9963a78aa2ae5faa054733.jpeg
image.jpeg.c4e6f40a71ff2b41bb1f6532442f0682.jpeg

Eggs can now be cracked into bowls or buckets to produce one of three liquids: Egg white, egg yolk, and the egg white/yolk combination I call 'liquid egg'. For some recipes you might only  want egg white, or egg yolk - or the entire egg! This now allows for that distinction.
As a byproduct, cracking eggs produces egg shells, which can be fed to animals or used as fertilizer.

A New Trader!

Spoiler

The Kitchenware trader will sell most of the items from this mod - including a few things you can't get any other way. If you complete a short 'quest' for them, you will be inducted into the once-famous Gastronomist's Guild and given a special uniform!

image.png.c8de26d93372d31af0d80eea1e4013de.png image.png.ac76e27b30ffb6fa24044294a8f1f620.png

Special thanks to @Vinter Nacht for helping me get this all separated properly! I couldn't have done it without him.

FYI, I don't have one yet, but I will be writing up a modder's guide on how to use the content from this mod.

Edited by l33tmaan
Version update
  • Like 3
  • Amazing! 1

• l33tmaan changed the title to A Culinary Artillery 1.0.6

Updated to 1.0.6!

- Meat hook dry rate cut by 1/20th
- Saucepans and mini-cauldrons can be hung from the meat rack or placed on shelves
- Rolling pin & spiles are ground storable
- Saucepan claymaking recipe updated
- Fixed egg cracking issue
- Japanese translation updated (thanks to macoto_hino)

• Like 2

We have a problem with the mixing bowl:

Putting for example a meat nugget and a fat into the pan and then mixing it works fine for me, the spoon turns just fine and the product is made (I have opened a game in LAN) but my girlfriend which is joining my game has the problem that the spoon turns just a fraction, then stops for a few seconds then turns again by a few pixels and so on. A video is attached.

Can it be a problem of client/server?

EDIT: Tested with putting the savegame on GFs computer and me joining as client, now I have the problem but the mixing bowl works fine for her. (we have reverted to ACA 1.0.4, problem exists in that version, too) so it has something to do with client/server.

Mods installed

A Culinary Artillery 1.0.6
Expanded Foods 1.6.1
HarpTech 0.2.3
MorePiles 1.2.2
PrimitiveSurvival 3.0.5

Edited by Boesknecht
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Boesknecht said:

We have a problem with the mixing bowl:

Putting for example a meat nugget and a fat into the pan and then mixing it works fine for me, the spoon turns just fine and the product is made (I have opened a game in LAN) but my girlfriend which is joining my game has the problem that the spoon turns just a fraction, then stops for a few seconds then turns again by a few pixels and so on. A video is attached.

Can it be a problem of client/server?

EDIT: Tested with putting the savegame on GFs computer and me joining as client, now I have the problem but the mixing bowl works fine for her. (we have reverted to ACA 1.0.4, problem exists in that version, too) so it has something to do with client/server.

Mods installed

A Culinary Artillery 1.0.6
Expanded Foods 1.6.1
HarpTech 0.2.3
MorePiles 1.2.2
PrimitiveSurvival 3.0.5

WTF? 

When i look on bottleshelf with boltles in it (no bottles visually). Also, during remapping from 1.0.4 to 1.0.6 tin cauldron, saucepan, iron rolling pin and half of mine meat hooks wasn't remapped and becomes white ?boxes?. (Bottles seems too)

Spoiler

Running on 64 bit Windows with 0 GB RAM 
Game Version: v1.17.4 (Stable)
26.09.2022 13:59:54: Critical error occurred in the following mod: aculinaryartillery@1.0.6
Loaded Mods: aculinaryartillery@1.0.6, bth@1.2.4, rope-bridges@1.1.0, spyglass@0.4.5, game@1.17.4, zeekea@1.6.2, carrycapacity@0.6.5, dsdebarkedlogs@1.0.5, expandedfoods@1.6.1, medievalexpansion@3.8.1, prospectorinfo@4.1.1, creative@1.17.4, survival@1.17.4, xlib@0.6.10, xskills@0.6.12
System.NullReferenceException: Ссылка на объект не указывает на экземпляр объекта.
   в ACulinaryArtillery.BlockEntityBottleRack.GetBlockInfo(IPlayer forPlayer, StringBuilder sb)
   в Vintagestory.API.Common.Block.GetPlacedBlockInfo(IWorldAccessor world, BlockPos pos, IPlayer forPlayer) в VintagestoryApi\Common\Collectible\Block\Block.cs:строка 2136
   в Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.HudElementBlockAndEntityInfo.ComposeBlockInfoHud() в VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\Gui\Huds\HudElementBlockAndEntityInfo.cs:строка 57
   в Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.HudElementBlockAndEntityInfo.BlockInView() в VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\Gui\Huds\HudElementBlockAndEntityInfo.cs:строка 190
   в Vintagestory.Common.EventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world) в VintagestoryLib\Common\EventManager.cs:строка 105
   в Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainRenderLoop(Single dt) в VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:строка 1196
   в Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainGameLoop(Single deltaTime) в VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:строка 1103
   в Vintagestory.Client.GuiScreenRunningGame.RenderToPrimary(Single dt) в VintagestoryLib\Client\MainMenu\Screens\GuiScreenRunningGame.cs:строка 123
   в Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.Render(Single dt) в VintagestoryLib\Client\ScreenManager.cs:строка 669
   в Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.OnNewFrame(Single dt) в VintagestoryLib\Client\ScreenManager.cs:строка 613
   в Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e) в VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\GameWindow.cs:строка 125
   в System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   в OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp) в C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:строка 476
   в OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame() в C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:строка 452
   в OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) в C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:строка 375
   в Vintagestory.Client.ClientProgram.Start(ClientProgramArgs args, String[] rawArgs)
   в Vintagestory.ClientNative.CrashReporter.Start(ThreadStart start) в VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\ClientNative\CrashReporter.cs:строка 93

Event Log entries containing Vintagestory.exe, the latest 3
==================================
{ TimeGenerated = 26.09.2022 13:59:58, Site = , Source = Application Error, Message = Имя сбойного приложения: Vintagestory.exe, версия: 1.17.4.0, метка времени: 0x6329a6de
Имя сбойного модуля: KERNELBASE.dll, версия: 10.0.19041.1741, метка времени: 0xe9b4a91b
Код исключения: 0xc000041d
Смещение ошибки: 0x0000000000034fd9
Идентификатор сбойного процесса: 0x45b0
Время запуска сбойного приложения: 0x01d8d197015dd685
Путь сбойного приложения: D:\Vintagestory\Vintagestory.exe
Путь сбойного модуля: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Идентификатор отчета: 7bb1fc6a-cd58-4f54-b612-917377af2dbe
Полное имя сбойного пакета: 
Код приложения, связанного со сбойным пакетом:  }
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 26.09.2022 13:59:55, Site = , Source = Application Error, Message = Имя сбойного приложения: Vintagestory.exe, версия: 1.17.4.0, метка времени: 0x6329a6de
Имя сбойного модуля: KERNELBASE.dll, версия: 10.0.19041.1741, метка времени: 0xe9b4a91b
Код исключения: 0xc0020001
Смещение ошибки: 0x0000000000034fd9
Идентификатор сбойного процесса: 0x45b0
Время запуска сбойного приложения: 0x01d8d197015dd685
Путь сбойного приложения: D:\Vintagestory\Vintagestory.exe
Путь сбойного модуля: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Идентификатор отчета: b1d9f1e7-39c6-44b2-85bf-c53fc46bccef
Полное имя сбойного пакета: 
Код приложения, связанного со сбойным пакетом:  }
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 26.09.2022 13:59:54, Site = , Source = .NET Runtime, Message = Приложение: Vintagestory.exe
Версия платформы: v4.0.30319
Описание. Процесс был завершен из-за необработанного исключения.
Сведения об исключении: код исключения c0020001, адрес исключения 00007FFAAFA24FD9
Стек:
 }

Edited by EreticKB

I am not having either of those problems. And the remapping is also working fine for me... I'm not sure what to tell you. :( 

I was able to get the same simmer recipe crash people have been reporting with the saucepan, but just once. I've been trying to replicate it and I haven't been able to.

• Confused 1

Thank you for your great mods! I am incredibly confused right now, though.

Running this mod with all the other mods I like to use in Singleplayer, the saucepan works just fine. Copying everything to the precise exact match on a server, however, causes it to flip out and DC the client only.

This is the error code I get on a server running just EF and ACA:

Spoiler

Running on 64 bit Windows with 16 GB RAM 
9/27/2022 5:53:33 PM: Critical error occurred in the following mod: aculinaryartillery@1.0.6
Loaded Mods: aculinaryartillery@1.0.6, game@1.17.4, expandedfoods@1.6.1, creative@1.17.4, survival@1.17.4
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at ACulinaryArtillery.SimmerRecipe.Match(List`1 Inputs)
   at ACulinaryArtillery.BlockSaucepan.GetMeltingDuration(IWorldAccessor world, ISlotProvider cookingSlotsProvider, ItemSlot inputSlot)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityFirepit.SetDialogValues(ITreeAttribute dialogTree) in VSSurvivalMod\BlockEntity\Firepit\BEFirepit.cs:line 690
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityFirepit.OnSlotModifid(Int32 slotid) in VSSurvivalMod\BlockEntity\Firepit\BEFirepit.cs:line 141
   at System.Action`1.Invoke(T obj)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.InventoryBase.DidModifyItemSlot(ItemSlot slot, ItemStack extractedStack) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Inventory\InventoryBase.cs:line 480
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.InventorySmelting.DidModifyItemSlot(ItemSlot slot, ItemStack extractedStack) in VSSurvivalMod\Inventory\InventorySmelting.cs:line 116
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemSlot.MarkDirty() in VintagestoryApi\Common\Inventory\ItemSlot.cs:line 449
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.ItemSlotWatertight.ActivateSlotLeftClick(ItemSlot sourceSlot, ItemStackMoveOperation& op) in VSSurvivalMod\Inventory\ItemSlotWatertight.cs:line 63
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.InventoryBase.ActivateSlot(Int32 slotId, ItemSlot sourceSlot, ItemStackMoveOperation& op) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Inventory\InventoryBase.cs:line 448
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.SlotClick(ICoreClientAPI api, Int32 slotId, EnumMouseButton mouseButton, Boolean shiftPressed, Boolean ctrlPressed, Boolean altPressed) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Elements\Impl\Interactive\Inventory\GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.cs:line 979
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.OnMouseDownOnElement(ICoreClientAPI api, MouseEvent args) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Elements\Impl\Interactive\Inventory\GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.cs:line 772
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElement.OnMouseDown(ICoreClientAPI api, MouseEvent mouse) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Elements\Impl\GuiElement.cs:line 638
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiComposer.OnMouseDown(MouseEvent mouseArgs) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\GuiComposer.cs:line 459
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiDialog.OnMouseDown(MouseEvent args) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Dialog\GuiDialog.cs:line 536
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.GuiManager.OnMouseDown(MouseEvent args) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\Gui\GuiManager.cs:line 394
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.OnMouseDown(MouseEvent args) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:line 2251
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.Mouse_ButtonDown(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\Input.cs:line 220
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.WindowProcedure(IntPtr handle, WindowMessage message, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\Platform\Windows\WinGLNative.cs:line 792
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Functions.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.ProcessEvents() in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\Platform\Windows\WinGLNative.cs:line 1554
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 368
   at Vintagestory.Client.ClientProgram.Start(ClientProgramArgs args, String[] rawArgs)
   at Vintagestory.ClientNative.CrashReporter.Start(ThreadStart start) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\ClientNative\CrashReporter.cs:line 93

image.png

Edited by Malicante
I'm smurt. Spell check
  • Sad 1

Further prodding of things that I wasn't using shows that again, with just EF and ACA, spiles don't appear to collect sap from any tree type, and the mixing bowl, at least for me, stirs just fine. Recipes however, are hit and miss. Dumplings, for example, cannot be made with anything but salt. Attempting meat nuggets in any form, soybeans, and chopped veggies/shrooms fails. I am sorry I do not possess the coding magic or knowledge to help you find and zap these issues.

• Like 1

I just did some testing and spiles collected sap from all 3 tree types (birch, maple, and pine) without issue. However, I think only the bucket works. The spile hasn't really been touched in like... a year and a half? It works fine but I should expand it to drip into any liquid container. 

EDIT: Also, dumplings are working totally fine for me. 
Are you connecting to a server that someone else is hosting, by any chance?

Edited by l33tmaan

19 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

That would explain why I can't replicate it. Now to figure out how to fix it...

Unlike Malicante, I only play single player and as I said earlier, I can replicate the bug consistantly (Crash to desktop) whenever I put anything after putting water in the saucepan.
This doesn't depend on quantity of liquid, or slot position (I just crashed after after water in second slot, then trying to put something in third slot).

Not sure if this is pertinent but my fire is not lit. Crash dump follows :

Spoiler

Running on 64 bit Windows with 8 GB RAM 
28/09/2022 22:42:19: Critical error occurred in the following mod: aculinaryartillery@1.0.6
Loaded Mods: acorns@0.5.1, aculinaryartillery@1.0.6, game@1.17.4, carrycapacity@0.6.5, expandedfoods@1.6.1, prospectorinfo@4.1.1, creative@1.17.4, survival@1.17.4
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at ACulinaryArtillery.BlockSaucepan.GetMeltingDuration(IWorldAccessor world, ISlotProvider cookingSlotsProvider, ItemSlot inputSlot)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityFirepit.SetDialogValues(ITreeAttribute dialogTree) in VSSurvivalMod\BlockEntity\Firepit\BEFirepit.cs:line 690
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityFirepit.OnSlotModifid(Int32 slotid) in VSSurvivalMod\BlockEntity\Firepit\BEFirepit.cs:line 141
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.InventoryBase.DidModifyItemSlot(ItemSlot slot, ItemStack extractedStack) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Inventory\InventoryBase.cs:line 480
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.InventorySmelting.DidModifyItemSlot(ItemSlot slot, ItemStack extractedStack) in VSSurvivalMod\Inventory\InventorySmelting.cs:line 116
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemSlot.OnItemSlotModified(ItemStack sinkStack) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Inventory\ItemSlot.cs:line 424
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.ItemSlotWatertight.ActivateSlotLeftClick(ItemSlot sourceSlot, ItemStackMoveOperation& op) in VSSurvivalMod\Inventory\ItemSlotWatertight.cs:line 103
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.InventoryBase.ActivateSlot(Int32 slotId, ItemSlot sourceSlot, ItemStackMoveOperation& op) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Inventory\InventoryBase.cs:line 448
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.SlotClick(ICoreClientAPI api, Int32 slotId, EnumMouseButton mouseButton, Boolean shiftPressed, Boolean ctrlPressed, Boolean altPressed) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Elements\Impl\Interactive\Inventory\GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.cs:line 979
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.OnMouseDownOnElement(ICoreClientAPI api, MouseEvent args) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Elements\Impl\Interactive\Inventory\GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.cs:line 772
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElement.OnMouseDown(ICoreClientAPI api, MouseEvent mouse) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Elements\Impl\GuiElement.cs:line 638
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiComposer.OnMouseDown(MouseEvent mouseArgs) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\GuiComposer.cs:line 459
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiDialog.OnMouseDown(MouseEvent args) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Dialog\GuiDialog.cs:line 536
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.GuiManager.OnMouseDown(MouseEvent args) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\Gui\GuiManager.cs:line 394
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.OnMouseDown(MouseEvent args) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:line 2251
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.Mouse_ButtonDown(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\Input.cs:line 220
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.WindowProcedure(IntPtr handle, WindowMessage message, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\Platform\Windows\WinGLNative.cs:line 792
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.ProcessEvents() in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\Platform\Windows\WinGLNative.cs:line 1554
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 368
   at Vintagestory.Client.ClientProgram.Start(ClientProgramArgs args, String[] rawArgs)
   at Vintagestory.ClientNative.CrashReporter.Start(ThreadStart start) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\ClientNative\CrashReporter.cs:line 93

Event Log entries containing Vintagestory.exe, the latest 3
==================================
{ TimeGenerated = 28/09/2022 22:42:32, Site = , Source = Windows Error Reporting, Message = Fault bucket 1928217691248925191, type 4
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Vintagestory.exe
P2: 1.17.4.0
P3: 6329a6de
P4: KERNELBASE.dll
P5: 10.0.19041.1949
P6: cb12e58e
P7: c0020001
P8: 0000000000034fd9
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERFFA1.tmp.mdmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER62A.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER64A.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER658.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER687.tmp.txt
\\?\C:\Users\fiboj\AppData\Local\Temp\WER801.tmp.appcompat.txt

These files may be available here:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Vintagestory.exe_95ff8f944bf5a8301ef5d97aeba035c8d62ef463_4220f55b_515787b6-0d34-4d06-837a-826d9f530046

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 0be4ff19-cfbb-4111-a38d-7e82f7240ae7
Report Status: 268566528
Hashed bucket: 1bf0209caeb072250ac267c628841a07
Cab Guid: 0 }
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 28/09/2022 22:42:31, Site = , Source = Windows Error Reporting, Message = Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Vintagestory.exe
P2: 1.17.4.0
P3: 6329a6de
P4: KERNELBASE.dll
P5: 10.0.19041.1949
P6: cb12e58e
P7: c0020001
P8: 0000000000034fd9
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERFFA1.tmp.mdmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER62A.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER64A.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER658.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER687.tmp.txt
\\?\C:\Users\fiboj\AppData\Local\Temp\WER801.tmp.appcompat.txt

These files may be available here:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_Vintagestory.exe_95ff8f944bf5a8301ef5d97aeba035c8d62ef463_4220f55b_cab_515787b6-0d34-4d06-837a-826d9f530046

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 0be4ff19-cfbb-4111-a38d-7e82f7240ae7
Report Status: 131076
Hashed bucket: 
Cab Guid: 0 }
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 28/09/2022 22:42:29, Site = , Source = Application Error, Message = Faulting application name: Vintagestory.exe, version: 1.17.4.0, time stamp: 0x6329a6de
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1949, time stamp: 0xcb12e58e
Exception code: 0xc0020001
Fault offset: 0x0000000000034fd9
Faulting process ID: 0x3034
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8d37a7b4a01e2
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Vintagestory\Vintagestory.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: 0be4ff19-cfbb-4111-a38d-7e82f7240ae7
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:  }

I decided to go ahead and disable all my mods save for EF and ACA and test in single player, instead of running all my mods in single player. For bonus confusion, it crashes on making a new world and trying to make broth, just like my server. I think I'm just going to give up for now and leave it in so it doesn't corrupt my server world, and will just eat what does work. I wish you the best of luck with figuring out this weird, pesky issue!

Spoiler

Running on 64 bit Windows with 16 GB RAM 
9/28/2022 5:52:46 PM: Critical error occurred in the following mod: aculinaryartillery@1.0.6
Loaded Mods: aculinaryartillery@1.0.6, game@1.17.4, expandedfoods@1.6.1, creative@1.17.4, survival@1.17.4
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemSlot.OnItemSlotModified(ItemStack sinkStack) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Inventory\ItemSlot.cs:line 424
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.ItemSlotWatertight.ActivateSlotLeftClick(ItemSlot sourceSlot, ItemStackMoveOperation& op) in VSSurvivalMod\Inventory\ItemSlotWatertight.cs:line 103

Edited by Malicante
  • Like 1

Tried recipes with the normal pot and no problems.
But if I substitute the bowl with the saucepan (so on a valid recipe - e.g. carrot soup), it instantly (on mousedown as I click to drop the saucepan) crashes like the rest.

Looks like there is something up with the saucepan looking up recipes that's not working right. I hope I can check out the code soon, then, because I'm mighty curious now! Especially since "it's working on your machine" 😅.

I also disabled all other mods to be sure. Have you tried on 1.17 to see if it's something to do with the game itself having changed something ? 

OK, well, I see a promising looking

LoadSimmeringRecipes()

method that supposed to output a nice looking little message during loading "the syrup and the lard".

Except, unlike "the chef and the apprentice", I've never seen it. Nor have I seen "the butter and the bread".

So I'd say the problem is that none of the recipes seem to get loaded for simmering or kneading, hence the crash whenever the game goes to lookup the validity of whatever we are putting in the saucepan! I suppose one way to test that would be to see if the game crashes if I try to do a kneading recipe.

edit : nevermind, I see the two messages although not "the syrup and the lard" as such. And I see the log saying "1300 kneading recipes loaded" and "429 simmering recipes loaded". 

edit 2 : OK so I stopped the crashes, somehow! 

I was testing in a newly created Creative world and reproducing the crash no problem.
I tried a few things, such as trying non existing recipes (no problem), existing non-EF recipes (no problem) and so on. Bone broth was my go to and that crashed again and again. Until I tried something : I used a pot with the Bone Broth ingredients. That didn't crash.
So I substituted the pot for a saucepan. And that did not crash either.
And sure enough, now I can do Bone Broth in the creative world.
In fact, I can do Bone Broth in a newly created creative world, straight away, no more messing with a pot then a saucepan.

On the other hand, my existing save, for some reason, does not crash anymore, but won't do Bone Broth.
It will do berries syrup, so that's quite weird (why would it ignore one recipe then let others ? )

My existing world was created with 1.16.5, converted over to 1.17.4, then I later installed the mods, so I'm not sure what that could have to do with anything, but just for info...

Anyway, at least the crashes stopped happening, but I'm getting some serious slowdowns when messing with the saucepan, so I'm guessing something else is going on.

If anyone still has the crashes with the saucepan, maybe you could try what I did ? Do a recipe you want from the saucepan, but with the pot, then switch the pot with the saucepan and see what happens ?

Cheers!

Edited by Philippe J
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.