A Culinary Artillery 1.1.4

l33tmaan

Found another bug 😄

image.png.4f4acdbafbca09a508dec40b02b1f390.png

Partially cracking an egg over a bucket should result in an egg yolk item according to the handbook. It does not 😉

Partially cracking an egg over a bucket will yield egg white in the bucket and egg shells in the inventory. 👎
Partially cracking an egg over a bowl will yield egg white in the bowl, and an egg yolk item in the inventory.👍

Additional remarks:
Also... egg liquids are implemented weirdly.
If I have 0.1L of egg white and 0.1L of egg yolk.... I should get 0.2L of "mixed" liquid egg.  I mean, volume changes on mixing different liquids are a thing, but 50% seems... harsh 😒
This is especially weird since one could use that same 0.1L egg white to bread one piece of food, and use the 0.1L egg yolk to bread another piece of food. So it's not that you're eliminating "double dipping" here...

• Sad 1

Aaaand another - even a crash 😆:

Opening the handbook, clicking on "Breaded rye fish" (needs Primitive Survival), then clicking on "Breaded rye fish (part baked)" will crash the client:

image.png.1c0893ff462e2492a011bb525b6de13c.png

Loaded Mods: aculinaryartillery@1.0.11, primitivesurvival@3.1.1, game@1.17.9, expandedfoods@1.6.4, creative@1.17.9, survival@1.17.9
System.Exception: Can't create itemstack without collectible!
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemStack..ctor(CollectibleObject collectible, Int32 stacksize) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Collectible\ItemStack.cs:line 186
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.CollectibleBehaviorHandbookTextAndExtraInfo.GetHandbookInfo(ItemSlot inSlot, ICoreClientAPI capi, ItemStack[] allStacks, ActionConsumable`1 openDetailPageFor) in VSSurvivalMod\Systems\Handbook\CollectibleBehaviorHandbookTextAndExtraInfo.cs:line 926
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.GuiHandbookItemStackPage.GetPageText(ICoreClientAPI capi, ItemStack[] allStacks, ActionConsumable`1 openDetailPageFor) in VSSurvivalMod\Systems\Handbook\Gui\GuiHandbookItemStackPage.cs:line 110
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.GuiDialogHandbook.initDetailGui() in VSSurvivalMod\Systems\Handbook\Gui\GuiDialogHandbook.cs:line 268
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.GuiDialogHandbook.OpenDetailPageFor(String pageCode) in VSSurvivalMod\Systems\Handbook\Gui\GuiDialogHandbook.cs:line 332
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.ItemstackTextComponent.OnMouseDown(MouseEvent args) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Elements\Impl\Interactive\Text\Richtext\ItemstackTextComponent.cs:line 104
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementRichtext.OnMouseDownOnElement(ICoreClientAPI api, MouseEvent args) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Elements\Impl\Interactive\Text\GuiElementRichtext.cs:line 519
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElement.OnMouseDown(ICoreClientAPI api, MouseEvent mouse) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Elements\Impl\GuiElement.cs:line 640
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiComposer.OnMouseDown(MouseEvent mouseArgs) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\GuiComposer.cs:line 459
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiDialog.OnMouseDown(MouseEvent args) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Dialog\GuiDialog.cs:line 536
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.GuiManager.OnMouseDown(MouseEvent args) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\Gui\GuiManager.cs:line 394
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.OnMouseDown(MouseEvent args) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:line 2251
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.Mouse_ButtonDown(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\Input.cs:line 220
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.WindowProcedure(IntPtr handle, WindowMessage message, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\Platform\Windows\WinGLNative.cs:line 792
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Functions.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.ProcessEvents() in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\Platform\Windows\WinGLNative.cs:line 1551
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 369
   at Vintagestory.Client.ClientProgram.Start(ClientProgramArgs args, String[] rawArgs)
   at Vintagestory.ClientNative.CrashReporter.Start(ThreadStart start) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\ClientNative\CrashReporter.cs:line 93

• 4 weeks later...
  • l33tmaan changed the title to A Culinary Artillery 1.0.12 RC

How about some useful information about meals and recommendations?
For example, dried seaweed made from seaweed has no expiration date, or recommended preserved foods?

If you can, maybe there could be a special meal that the merchants could teach you about?
It sounds like a lot of work to make, but it's free just to say.

• Like 1

Emeril is a very fitting name. 😀

Perhaps some tips about the effects of various ACA items, such as bottles being a great way to store liquids long term, could be useful. The added effects of foods like "syrups made from tree sap will make you feel a little better when added to foods, but syrups made from fruit will make you feel even better" would be nice. Maybe a trader that offers some advice on setting up a proper gearbox for a powered mixer to get the most out of it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Credinus said:

Emeril is a very fitting name. 😀

Perhaps some tips about the effects of various ACA items, such as bottles being a great way to store liquids long term, could be useful. The added effects of foods like "syrups made from tree sap will make you feel a little better when added to foods, but syrups made from fruit will make you feel even better" would be nice. Maybe a trader that offers some advice on setting up a proper gearbox for a powered mixer to get the most out of it.

It would be nice to tell us the season when the syrup can be taken.
And I seem to recall that it was removed from the handbook.

1 hour ago, macoto_hino said:

It would be nice to tell us the season when the syrup can be taken.
And I seem to recall that it was removed from the handbook.

That's still in the handbook, it's just in Expanded Foods now... since A Culinary Artillery doesn't actually add the syrups.

• 4 weeks later...
Spoiler
[Server Error] [aculinaryartillery] An exception was thrown when trying to start the mod:
HarmonyLib.HarmonyException: Patching exception in method null ---> System.ArgumentException: Undefined target method for patch method static System.Boolean ACulinaryArtillery.DisplayPatches::displayFix(Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemStack stack, Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityDisplay __instance, Vintagestory.API.Client.MeshData& __result)
   at HarmonyLib.PatchClassProcessor.PatchWithAttributes(MethodBase& lastOriginal)
   at HarmonyLib.PatchClassProcessor.Patch()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at HarmonyLib.PatchClassProcessor.ReportException(Exception exception, MethodBase original)
   at HarmonyLib.CollectionExtensions.Do[T](IEnumerable`1 sequence, Action`1 action)
   at Vintagestory.Common.ModLoader.TryRunModPhase(Mod mod, ModSystem system, ICoreAPI api, ModRunPhase phase) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Common\API\ModLoader.cs:line 620
9.4.2023 18:08:03 [Server Error] Failed to run mod phase Start for mod ACulinaryArtillery.ACulinaryArtillery

latest version on an rc2 server

• 1 month later...
On 4/9/2023 at 11:12 AM, Conquest of Blocks said:
  Hide contents
[Server Error] [aculinaryartillery] An exception was thrown when trying to start the mod:
HarmonyLib.HarmonyException: Patching exception in method null ---> System.ArgumentException: Undefined target method for patch method static System.Boolean ACulinaryArtillery.DisplayPatches::displayFix(Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemStack stack, Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityDisplay __instance, Vintagestory.API.Client.MeshData& __result)
   at HarmonyLib.PatchClassProcessor.PatchWithAttributes(MethodBase& lastOriginal)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at HarmonyLib.PatchClassProcessor.ReportException(Exception exception, MethodBase original)
   at HarmonyLib.CollectionExtensions.Do[T](IEnumerable`1 sequence, Action`1 action)
   at Vintagestory.Common.ModLoader.TryRunModPhase(Mod mod, ModSystem system, ICoreAPI api, ModRunPhase phase) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Common\API\ModLoader.cs:line 620
9.4.2023 18:08:03 [Server Error] Failed to run mod phase Start for mod ACulinaryArtillery.ACulinaryArtillery

latest version on an rc2 server

Also getting this error on server startup. Doesn't stop the server from working, but I'm worried that it means that A Culinary Artillery isn't running, making Expanded Foods inaccessible.

On 5/18/2023 at 6:42 PM, Mage Chartreux said:

Also getting this error on server startup. Doesn't stop the server from working, but I'm worried that it means that A Culinary Artillery isn't running, making Expanded Foods inaccessible.

ACA should be working - this error is just related to how foods get rendered when on shelves or in display cases. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying for days to figure out how to get dried resin out of a saucepan.  I collected a ton from my forest, put it all into saucepans to dry on a shelf... and then could not figure out how to get useable resin from that.

It would be super handy to mention in the guidebook where it talks about liquid resin and spiles to note that you need a mixing bowl to get the resin out.

• Like 1

I'm wondering if this may be a bug, since I don't think this mod was updated for the most recent release. So far, most everything with this mod seems to work, except the mixing bowl. I'm assuming the bowl functions similarily like the quern of sorts - put items in, hold right click to activate the stirring. Except, that doesn't work. I put the items in to mix, hold right click, and nothing happens. I've tried shift click holding, tried everything I could think of - I see that some mixing recipes require a pot, I've placed the pot and still. Nothing. no mixing occurs.

I feel like the handbook needs to be further updated with explicit instructions as lots of things really aren't well explained and recipes aren't shown.

On 6/6/2023 at 10:20 PM, jbutt said:

I've been trying for days to figure out how to get dried resin out of a saucepan.  I collected a ton from my forest, put it all into saucepans to dry on a shelf... and then could not figure out how to get useable resin from that.

It would be super handy to mention in the guidebook where it talks about liquid resin and spiles to note that you need a mixing bowl to get the resin out.

I found what it works with barrels. Try to place pan with resin into barrel inventory.

Edited by EreticKB
  • Amazing! 1

Ooh, I should put that into the handbook. Good catch!

On 6/7/2023 at 9:46 AM, Blaiyze said:

I'm wondering if this may be a bug, since I don't think this mod was updated for the most recent release. So far, most everything with this mod seems to work, except the mixing bowl. I'm assuming the bowl functions similarily like the quern of sorts - put items in, hold right click to activate the stirring. Except, that doesn't work. I put the items in to mix, hold right click, and nothing happens. I've tried shift click holding, tried everything I could think of - I see that some mixing recipes require a pot, I've placed the pot and still. Nothing. no mixing occurs.

I feel like the handbook needs to be further updated with explicit instructions as lots of things really aren't well explained and recipes aren't shown.

If you have a valid recipe in the mixing bowl, it should say so. Can you post a screenshot of what you're attempting to make?

On 6/8/2023 at 7:34 PM, l33tmaan said:

Ooh, I should put that into the handbook. Good catch!

If you have a valid recipe in the mixing bowl, it should say so. Can you post a screenshot of what you're attempting to make?

Don't mind me. I pulled a derp moment - I was attempting to use aged meat nuggets. The mixing bowl is working as intended.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I've got ACA mostly ready for the .NET7 releases. Just as a warning, any future updates will not be compatible with the current .Net releases - but that shouldn't matter after 1.19 anyway.

Only problem keeping me from releasing it is a fun new visual bug. I'll get it sorted out!

• Like 2
  • Cookie time 1

• l33tmaan changed the title to A Culinary Artillery 1.0.12 RC-2

I've released another RC version since it's been ages since the last update. There's a bit of new 1.18 content and a few bugs were fixed, but one visual issue with the expanded foods has popped up if you place them on shelves/ovens/display cases. If it wasn't for that, this would probably be a full release.

Anyway, this latest version (and all future updates) will only work on .NET7 builds of the game. Sorry if this causes any inconvenience for now.

Not sure if this is a server issue, or a mod issue, Buuut...

6.7.2023 01:38:06 [Server Warning] Failed resolving a blocks itemdrop or smeltedstack with code aculinaryartillery:eggshell i
n troughcontentconfig
Game Version: v1.18.6 (Stable)
7/6/2023 1:38:06 AM: Critical error occurred
Loaded Mods:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockTroughBase.init() in VSSurvivalMod\Block\BlockTrough.cs:line 56
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemBlockSimulation.OnBeginModsAndConfigReady() in VintagestoryLib\Server\Systems\World\Blo
ckSimulation.cs:line 297
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.EnterRunPhase(EnumServerRunPhase runPhase) in VintagestoryLib\Server\ServerMain.cs:line
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.Launch() in VintagestoryLib\Server\ServerMain.cs:line 507
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerProgram.Main2()
   at Vintagestory.ClientNative.CrashReporter.Start(ThreadStart start) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\ClientNative\
CrashReporter.cs:line 93
Crash written to file at "Logs\server-crash.txt"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.