Join Conquest of Blocks™ [EU] - The Oldest Active Custom Server

Conquest of Blocks

Welcome to the Conquest of Blocksofficial forum thread

WE ARE NEWBIE FRIENDLY

Our Discord support will try to help out whenever necessary.

forumbanner.thumb.png.f0d9c5b3b654a9ba05d0c9194c615fd7.png

Server IP: 91.121.43.194:27030   

Discord-Forum: https://discord.gg/jbVQTd3h77 (diverse chat channels, incl. in-game chat, voice chats etc., polls, live support and more)

Server-Homepage: https://www.vintagestory.online (Server Rules, FAQ, List of Commands, and more)

We are also running servers for other survival games.

For LINUX users:
If you are unable to connect to CoB, try running the following command in the same terminal you run mono Vintagestory.exe from:
sudo sysctl -w vm.max_map_count=627456

(Disclaimer: You are doing this at your own risk - but it seems to work for most Linux users)

cob_exclusivecreatures.thumb.jpg.d079bb9a1d02d0db1cd175d68b0f8d4d.jpg

cob_exclusiveitems.thumb.jpg.530cd85aa58f857c9cf0fca6d0814a49.jpg

(the above creatures and items are only a small selection) - for an up-to-date showcase go here: https://www.vintagestory.online/pages/modshowcase

Besides our own mods, we are also using selected 3rd party mods from the official ModDB, to enhance the experience.

New players will be provided with a starter kit, if they want. (Command: /starterkit)

Player feedback and suggestions are welcome anytime and can be given via Discord. We got live support and polls.

Join us now and be part of one of the first privately run public servers for Vintage Story.

floristry_trans.png

pants.jpg

Edited by Conquest of Blocks
Update
  • Like 1

On 3/11/2020 at 3:05 PM, Das_Sandmaennchen said:

Hi,

die Website existiert nicht.

Hallo. Diese ist noch in Arbeit und es hat sich einiges geändert. Die offizielle Webseite ab sofort: https://www.vintagestory.online

Der Haupttext wurde nun entsprechend angepasst.

Edited by Kai Effelsberg

23 hours ago, Jeremy McArthur said:

Yo Shadow, Gaze and Bam if you happen to see this what the crap happened? Kai is there something you can do if a player abandoned an area and screwed others over?

Changed the clan rules just now. Check them at https://www.vintagestory.online/pages/rules

Will try to unclaim land not part of Bams house and garden.

I appreciate anything really, ultimately it’s your server but the PvP rules seemed to be “at night” and therefore in my mind limited. Not hey it’s ok to screw allies over 🤣

Bam is the first bad egg I have come across in VS so I guess that’s a pretty good record. I’m just so sick of starting over 🤦‍♂️ 

Looking forward to see where this server goes! 

On 4/11/2020 at 11:15 PM, Jeremy McArthur said:

I appreciate anything really, ultimately it’s your server but the PvP rules seemed to be “at night” and therefore in my mind limited. Not hey it’s ok to screw allies over 🤣

Bam is the first bad egg I have come across in VS so I guess that’s a pretty good record. I’m just so sick of starting over 🤦‍♂️ 

Looking forward to see where this server goes! 

That's why the last line of the server rules reads "subject to change" :)

Of course, things have to develop. And i can't think of everything right from the start.

There are still save zones and restrictions. In real life, it could happen the same. This is just part of pvp, that you could get betrayed by anyone, anytime. Have a look at Rust. It's the same. And it's one of the things, why many people love it. I'll try to save some of your stuff, but next time, look twice who you gonna trust ;)

Server is PvE only

And keep an eye on the rules, which may get modified once in a while, until they are finally set.

Edited by Kai Effelsberg

On 5/3/2020 at 9:50 PM, Stew said:

Do you also have a PVE-area or PVE-server?

We have areas in which pvp is not allowed. These include cities/villages, your own house and fenced property and all pathways for save travel. So in fact most pvp will happen in the wilderness (but most players are rather friendly so far, not much pvp going on at the moment). Server is PvE only.

Edited by Kai Effelsberg

• 5 weeks later...

Hi there!

I really do like this game and i think there are lots of other players that do so too. At least i saw lots of people join the offical discord lately :D
Vintagestory.online is a great server and i really want to invite everyone who reads this to join us! At the moment we are two very active players and some that join from time to time.
And we got plenty of space left for new players! So if someone is searching for a nice multiplayer server this is the place you should go ;D We will be very happy to welcome you on the server.

I am going to add some photos of the Town right next to spawn, called West Kings Land. If you want to, we will be more than happy if you join the town. If not you can head south (or any other directions, but south is easiest) and you will find plenty of unclaimed land.

2020-06-17_21-56-08.thumb.png.cf5d4d58284213346babfc338e2d3146.png2020-06-17_22-01-48.thumb.png.a120b47bce9594d202fc9e62e183e3a1.png2020-06-17_22-02-54.thumb.png.fa302cc907400b3fb73e9e591da78bb6.png

See you ingame! :D

Edited by Scout
  • Amazing! 1

Hi,

ich bin es etwas angetan von der Idee dem Server beizutreten, aber ich hätte noch ein paar Fragen im Vorfeld.

Ich habe eventuell nicht allzu häufig Zeit, gibt es gewisse ungeschriebene Regelungen zur notwendigen Aktivitätshäufigkeit?

Außerdem sind meine Fähigkeiten bezüglich dem Bauen und Errichten von Bauten und Gebäuden noch nicht wirklich ausgereift, und ich habe noch nicht so viel Erfahrung darin allgemein gut und ansprechend zu bauen. Ich würde mich gerne darin verbessern, werde aber mindestens am Anfang eher schlecht darin sein. Wäre das schlimm?

Gibt es gewisse Formalitäten (außer gewisse Voraussetzungen wie die Installation der Mods, Kenntnis und Beachtung der Regeln, usw.) oder ist man direkt teil des Servers wenn man einfach per Spiel beitritt?

Eine andere Frage noch:

Wie sieht das RPG-Skillsystem konkret aus?

Hi Andre,

freut mich, dass du überlegst dem Server beizutreten.
Eigentlich ist alles ganz ungezwungen, wir freuen uns über jeden der Spaß am Spiel hat und mit dabei ist. Klar ist es schön, wenn man dich hin und wieder auf dem Server sieht aber es gibt keine Regeln wie oft du in der Woche Online sein musst. Jeder von uns ist mal mehr und mal weniger da.

Formalitäten gibt es soweit ich weiß keine besonderen. Gibt ein paar Regeln (findest du auf der Website) und du musst die Mods runter laden (Modpack ebenfalls auf der Website). Das Skillsystem ist einer von den Mods, aktuell sind auf dem Server folgende installiert:
- Grave Mod
- Carry Capacity
- Leveling and Skills
- Temporal Mirror

Du findest alle Infos zu den Mods hier im Forum unter "Mod releases".

Was das bauen angeht fängt jeder mal klein an. es gibt genug freies Land wo du dich ausprobieren kannst. Wenn du Lust hast kannst du auch eins der vielen leerstehenden Häuser in unserer kleinen Stadt haben für den Anfang.

Ich hoffe ich konnte alle deine Fragen beantworten (@Kai Effelsberg Solltest du irgendwelche Einwände haben korrigier mich bitte)
Liebe Grüße
Scout

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2020 at 1:45 AM, Andre Wenzel said:

Hi,

ich bin es etwas angetan von der Idee dem Server beizutreten, aber ich hätte noch ein paar Fragen im Vorfeld.

Ich habe eventuell nicht allzu häufig Zeit, gibt es gewisse ungeschriebene Regelungen zur notwendigen Aktivitätshäufigkeit?

Außerdem sind meine Fähigkeiten bezüglich dem Bauen und Errichten von Bauten und Gebäuden noch nicht wirklich ausgereift, und ich habe noch nicht so viel Erfahrung darin allgemein gut und ansprechend zu bauen. Ich würde mich gerne darin verbessern, werde aber mindestens am Anfang eher schlecht darin sein. Wäre das schlimm?

Gibt es gewisse Formalitäten (außer gewisse Voraussetzungen wie die Installation der Mods, Kenntnis und Beachtung der Regeln, usw.) oder ist man direkt teil des Servers wenn man einfach per Spiel beitritt?

Eine andere Frage noch:

Wie sieht das RPG-Skillsystem konkret aus?

Solange du dir die Regeln durchliest und diese dann auch beachtest, ist alles ganz ungezwungen. Einfach auf den Server kommen und los bauen, erkunden etc. Es gibt keine Whitelist, keinen Zwang irgendetwas bestimmtes zu tun.

English:

As long as you stick to our rules, everything is easy going. There is no whitelist, no need to do or work something particular. Just come and have fun.

Edited by Kai Effelsberg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.