XLib and XSkills

Xandu

5 minutes ago, Kuddel said:

xandu where is the config file located to chance the geologist data?

There you should find it:

Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\Roaming\VintagestoryData\ModConfig\XSkills\mining,json

But you need to load a world first so it can create these files.

14 hours ago, Dampiir said:

Thank you for the update, seems the issue we had has been fixed!
Time to grind some levels ;)
Do you have an info page on how to create new skills?

Great. Even when i don´t know how this fixed your problem. I couldn't reproduce it anyway. So i'am just happy that it now works for you. :D

Not now. I am still working on the api and polishing stuff. I don´t want someone to create a skill and have to rework the whole thing because i changed a little thing.

Hello there Xandu,

I am trying to get this mod loaded up on a server

Is it currently compatible with VS version 1.12.14?

also I have added the 2 mod zips (extracted) into the server mod folder

am not getting anything happening from it though.

(no errors, nothing.)

is it as simple as adding it to the server mod folder?

thanks in advance for your time & info

27 minutes ago, GruntleLife said:

Hello there Xandu,

I am trying to get this mod loaded up on a server

Is it currently compatible with VS version 1.12.14?

also I have added the 2 mod zips (extracted) into the server mod folder

am not getting anything happening from it though.

(no errors, nothing.)

is it as simple as adding it to the server mod folder?

thanks in advance for your time & info

Hi,
yes the newest version of the mod is for VS Version 1.12.14.
Normally you just put the two .zip files in the mod folder of the server. NOT the extracted ones. And then it should work.
And of course you must add both files also on your client side.

• Thanks 1

Playing single player. I tried the mod out and it works great accept one major issue. When I close and restart the game all the experience is set back to zero. This includes any whole levels I've gained.

I haven't tried the experimental files. I'll try those next.

Update: Nope! The experimental files also loose all experience when the game is restarted.

Edited by Pervy Sage

On 4/15/2020 at 7:44 PM, Pervy Sage said:

Playing single player. I tried the mod out and it works great accept one major issue. When I close and restart the game all the experience is set back to zero. This includes any whole levels I've gained.

I haven't tried the experimental files. I'll try those next.

Update: Nope! The experimental files also loose all experience when the game is restarted.

Hi. 
Have you any log files i can look into? I hear the first time of this issue.

Hi there,

will you add more skill trees in future?
Just in case here's an idea of mine:

Skill:  Animal Whisperer

Ability: Butcher 
Increases the amount of harvested meat by 5% and additional 1% for each Level at the animal whisperer skill. Maxed out at 30%

Ability: Fur bearer
Increases the amount of harvested animal hide by 10% and additional 4% for each Level at the animal whisperer skill. Maxed out at 50%

Ability: Thick Skinned
Increases the amount of harvested fat by 10%and additional 4% for each Level at the animal whisperer skill. Maxed out at 50%

Ability: Hunter
Increases the Damage at animals by 2,5% for each Level at the animal whisperer skill. Maxed out at 25%

Allows to kill Wolves with one spear throw (black bronze) at max lvl.
Allows to kill sow/boar with 2 spear throw (tin bronze) at lvl. 1
Allows to kill bighorn sheep with 2 spear throw (black bronze) at lvl. 8

Ability: Be one with the nature
Wild animals won't attack you any longer (Except for Wolves)

Maybe a skill for more bones is also an Option.

Just some thoughts of mine.

• Thanks 1

Hello we are using this mod on a server. unfortunately after the normal serverrestart all xp and unlocked skills got reset and we don't earn any ex now.

Since I'm not the admin of the server I unfortunately can't provide any logfiles.

We also use server PolsServerUtility mod, Carry Capacity and GraveMod

11 hours ago, Tarquinius753 said:

Hello we are using this mod on a server. unfortunately after the normal serverrestart all xp and unlocked skills got reset and we don't earn any ex now.

Since I'm not the admin of the server I unfortunately can't provide any logfiles.

We also use server PolsServerUtility mod, Carry Capacity and GraveMod

Hi. Thank you for reporting this. There seems to be a save issue when you are playing with multiple players. I don´t know why but i investigate this currently.

On 4/25/2020 at 2:37 PM, MarcoV_GnG said:

Hi there,

It's a really nice mod that make farming a lot more fun.

Is there any way to make it work wit the "wild goblin" mod (for gaining fighting XP) ?

Hi,

i will put this on my TO-DO list.

On 4/28/2020 at 10:32 AM, Iven Ambos said:

Hi there,

will you add more skill trees in future?
Just in case here's an idea of mine:

Skill:  Animal Whisperer

Ability: Butcher 
Increases the amount of harvested meat by 5% and additional 1% for each Level at the animal whisperer skill. Maxed out at 30%

Ability: Fur bearer
Increases the amount of harvested animal hide by 10% and additional 4% for each Level at the animal whisperer skill. Maxed out at 50%

Ability: Thick Skinned
Increases the amount of harvested fat by 10%and additional 4% for each Level at the animal whisperer skill. Maxed out at 50%

Ability: Hunter
Increases the Damage at animals by 2,5% for each Level at the animal whisperer skill. Maxed out at 25%

Allows to kill Wolves with one spear throw (black bronze) at max lvl.
Allows to kill sow/boar with 2 spear throw (tin bronze) at lvl. 1
Allows to kill bighorn sheep with 2 spear throw (black bronze) at lvl. 8

Ability: Be one with the nature
Wild animals won't attack you any longer (Except for Wolves)

Maybe a skill for more bones is also an Option.

Just some thoughts of mine.

Hi,

Thank you for your ideas. I already wanted to create Abilities that increases the loot but i had trouble implementing them. 

For changing the animal behavior i have to look more into the games source code. But i consider it.

• Thanks 1

Hi,

we got some exceptions on our server and cant use the mod. (latest version)

Server 1.12.14
Other Mods: GraveMod / CarryCapacity / PolsServerUtilities

29.04.2020 14:28:02 [Server Error] Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at XLeveling.XLevelingServer.UpdatePlayerDataset (XLeveling.PlayerSkillSet playerSkillSet) [0x0005b] in <95df766e86d94d86b82d70d9c7b230c3>:0 at XLeveling.XLevelingServer.OnPlayerDisconnect (Vintagestory.API.Server.IServerPlayer byPlayer) [0x00008] in <95df766e86d94d86b82d70d9c7b230c3>:0 at Vintagestory.Server.ServerEventManager.TriggerPlayerDisconnect (Vintagestory.API.Server.IServerPlayer player) [0x0000a] in <2d6eef6f99694be1be89f6f6b9c7766e>:0

29.4.2020 14:31:35 [Error] Mod exception: OnPlayerDisconnect
29.4.2020 14:31:35 [Error] Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at XLeveling.XLevelingServer.UpdatePlayerDataset (XLeveling.PlayerSkillSet playerSkillSet) [0x0005b] in <95df766e86d94d86b82d70d9c7b230c3>:0 
  at XLeveling.XLevelingServer.OnPlayerDisconnect (Vintagestory.API.Server.IServerPlayer byPlayer) [0x00008] in <95df766e86d94d86b82d70d9c7b230c3>:0 
  at Vintagestory.Server.ServerEventManager.TriggerPlayerDisconnect (Vintagestory.API.Server.IServerPlayer player) [0x0000a] in <2d6eef6f99694be1be89f6f6b9c7766e>:0 

29.4.2020 14:30:32 [Error] Exception thrown during handling event OnGameWorldBeingSaved: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at XLeveling.XLevelingServer.UpdatePlayerDataset (XLeveling.PlayerSkillSet playerSkillSet) [0x0005b] in <95df766e86d94d86b82d70d9c7b230c3>:0 
  at XLeveling.XLevelingServer.OnWorldSave () [0x0001b] in <95df766e86d94d86b82d70d9c7b230c3>:0 
  at Vintagestory.Server.ServerEventManager.TriggerGameWorldBeingSaved () [0x00022] in <2d6eef6f99694be1be89f6f6b9c7766e>:0 

Have you a idea wat happend? :/

Thanks for support :)

Hi, 
i updated to Version 0.1.5.

-Overhauled how the mod saves its data.
   -Is compatible with older versions.
   -Should fix save issues especially for multiplayer servers.
   -Allows skill sets to be shared between mulitple save games.
   -Use the command /skillset save [Your Custom Name] and
                                      /skillset load[Your Custom Name] to save or load skill sets.
-Added mod compatibility for wild goblins.
-The mod should work with soil gravity now.

Hi, 

On 4/29/2020 at 3:11 PM, Julius van Vern said:

Hi,

we got some exceptions on our server and cant use the mod. (latest version)

Server 1.12.14
Other Mods: GraveMod / CarryCapacity / PolsServerUtilities

29.04.2020 14:28:02 [Server Error] Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at XLeveling.XLevelingServer.UpdatePlayerDataset (XLeveling.PlayerSkillSet playerSkillSet) [0x0005b] in <95df766e86d94d86b82d70d9c7b230c3>:0 at XLeveling.XLevelingServer.OnPlayerDisconnect (Vintagestory.API.Server.IServerPlayer byPlayer) [0x00008] in <95df766e86d94d86b82d70d9c7b230c3>:0 at Vintagestory.Server.ServerEventManager.TriggerPlayerDisconnect (Vintagestory.API.Server.IServerPlayer player) [0x0000a] in <2d6eef6f99694be1be89f6f6b9c7766e>:0

29.4.2020 14:31:35 [Error] Mod exception: OnPlayerDisconnect
29.4.2020 14:31:35 [Error] Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at XLeveling.XLevelingServer.OnPlayerDisconnect (Vintagestory.API.Server.IServerPlayer byPlayer) [0x00008] in <95df766e86d94d86b82d70d9c7b230c3>:0 
  at Vintagestory.Server.ServerEventManager.TriggerPlayerDisconnect (Vintagestory.API.Server.IServerPlayer player) [0x0000a] in <2d6eef6f99694be1be89f6f6b9c7766e>:0 

29.4.2020 14:30:32 [Error] Exception thrown during handling event OnGameWorldBeingSaved: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at XLeveling.XLevelingServer.OnWorldSave () [0x0001b] in <95df766e86d94d86b82d70d9c7b230c3>:0 
  at Vintagestory.Server.ServerEventManager.TriggerGameWorldBeingSaved () [0x00022] in <2d6eef6f99694be1be89f6f6b9c7766e>:0 

Have you a idea wat happend? :/

Thanks for support :)

Thank you for reporting this bug. This should be fixed with the new update.

On 4/30/2020 at 3:13 PM, VeryGoodDog said:

Is the source online?

The source code is not online yet. Maybe i will publish it later.

18 hours ago, Killer-of-Lawyers said:

The mods seem to interfere with soil gravity if that is enabled.  If I turn the mods off then worlds with sideways sand gravel and soil gravity work normally, but when the mods are on thern only gravel and sand have gravity.

Thank you for reporting this bug. This is fixed with the new update.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I Uploaded Version 0.2. But i have not much time for testing at the moment so it may contains bugs.

• Added 2 new abilities to the digging skill.
  • Added a new temporal adaptation skill with 8 new abilities. It works together with the temporal stability mechanic of the game.
  • Added a mechanic to unlearn an ability. You must activate the unlearn button in the gui and than click on a skill. This will decrease the tier of an ability.
  • There is a cooldown to unlearn an ability. At the moment this cooldown is fixed at 5 ingame days.
  • You also need points to unlearn an ability. At the moment you can get these points from drinking mead which can be made from honey in a barrel.
  • Made a lot of internal changes to improve the api.
  • Fixed the repotting skill.
  • Fixed a bug with bombs.
  • Fixed other small things.
  • Like 2

I Uploaded Version 0.2.1. It works with VS version 1.13.0-rc2.

• You can now configure the cooldown time and how many points you need to unlearn an ability.
  • You can find the configuration file in the default ModConfig folder.
  • You can now configure whether a player should lose earned experience points when he dies. This will not affect earned levels. By default the experience loss is zero.
Edited by Xandu
  • Amazing! 1

Hey Xandu. First, thanks for the creat Mod. On player get the following Message, after connecting to the Server (1.13). Other Member have no Problems. Have you an idea? 

Version: v1.13.0 (Stable)21.08.2020 05:54:57: Critical error occurred
System.Exception: Don't know how to instantiate block behavior of class 'XSkillsBomb' did you forget to register a mapping?
   bei Vintagestory.Common.ClassRegistry.CreateBlockBehavior(Block block, String blockClass)
   bei Vintagestory.Common.BlockTypeNet.ReadBlockTypePacket(_rSjrI0Kz7iEAAHoJZMZnxuTQu6n packet, IWorldAccessor world, ClassRegistry registry)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.GeneralPacketHandler.HandleServerAssets(_ObsGnMJS9kYUNwzN3IhaITP3Azj packet)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.ExecuteMainThreadTasks(Single deltaTime)
   bei _Tro4Pq9lzrCyqFSIQKWVxYGob6g._iwd4fs4KicCkoXdUJk8TQb6QxEE(Single )
   bei _GOvhuoHvUhV6DSqmhF1QtCbrUki._u475OTafdqfLJg04OqOzYKfDELL(Single )
   bei _GOvhuoHvUhV6DSqmhF1QtCbrUki._hdByNlLQKfOWBdLqhR3ruj4UiBf(Single )
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   bei System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp)
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   bei _JQ8hJZaWfIKtgNCRVIFwsWJlGbD._PobINQXMJm1DRr8Q98KrBuOyaBI(_oOE8RvwwsA8CcfDxUcot5Tu1mbq , String[] )
   bei _E1zChrmPoD6YADl4x90dHsneZYx._PobINQXMJm1DRr8Q98KrBuOyaBI(ThreadStart )

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.