XLib and XSkills

Xandu

Hi, strong back doesn't work. All slots are given by backpacks. And sometimes items just disappear, for example, i've lost a 50 sticks, just click shift+rmb when hotbar was full and they just gone.

https://sun9-25.userapi.com/impg/kJCB58DuYWKe-Fdy-Ks8zQzV_OWI3JuCuHzcLw/w1ogaLvG8bA.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=96&sign=4b14c641bcc37d5c963cdcd556408e33&type=album

13 hours ago, jakecool19 said:

Is the loot table for the Salvager skill available in the JSON? If so, I can make a compatibility patch for it for my mod.

I probably need to adjust some code to make it work. I am on it.

Edited by Xandu
  • Thanks 1

I uploaded a new version to the mod db and changed the download links to link to the mod db entries of the mods. I probably will upload all future updates to the mod db. I wanted to add some more stuff to this patch but it already has passed some time since the last update and meanwhile i accumulated some bug fixes and some compatibility patches. So i release it as a 0.5.0 pre release with some new abilities.

0.5.0 PR 1:
-Api: 
    -Added GetExperienceMultiplier method to the Skill class 
    -Added expLossCooldown configuration
    -You can now use the command "skill reset config [skill]/all" to reset the configuration of a skill or all skills. The command will delete the current config files and new ones will be created when you start the game the next time.
    -The ability tooltip now shows the actual required skill level instead of the skill level you need to learn tier 1 of the ability.
    -Added minLevel configuration for abilities so you can set the skill level that is required to learn an ability. 

-Changes:
    -Added default exp modifiers to classes
    -Added Tool Mastery ability to the combat skill
    -Added Iron Fist ability to the combat skill
    -Added an indicator that shows the current experience multiplier for each skill in the skill menu
    -Added inspiration ability to pottery
    -Added husbandry skill with 6 abilities
    -Animals are no longer affected by the looter skill
    -Bright areas aren't as bright anymore when you use the cat eyes ability.
    -You get now experience from ores depending on their rarity and their depth.
        -You can configure both experience bonus modifiers in the mining configuration file.
    -Added support for the neighbors mod
    -Or- and and requirement descriptions now have a indentation.
    -Should now be compatible with the farmlanddropssoil mod. (needs Compatibility Lib v. 1.2.2+)

-Fixes:
    -Fixed: harvesting reed roots not destroying the reeds
    -Fixed: spawning of empty metal bit stacks
    -Fixed: luminiferous ability turning some blocks into light sources
    -Fixed: disabling abilities not working.
    -Fixed: hopefully (can't test this, so it would be nice if someone could tell me whether it works now): combat abilities in pvp if enabled (was broken due some testings i did)
    -Fixed: The salvanger ability should now be compatible with mods that add drops to locusts.

• Like 4

Tried logging in and the server started throwing an error at me:

15.3.2021 06:40:25 [Notification] Delayed join, need to load one spawn chunk first.
15.3.2021 06:40:25 [Notification] Placing player at 511951.9375 185 511782.78125
15.3.2021 06:40:28 [Fatal] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at XSkills.BarrelRecipePatch.Prefix(ItemSlot[] inputslots, ItemStack& __state)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.BarrelRecipe.TryCraftNow_Patch2(BarrelRecipe this, ICoreAPI api, Double nowSealedHours, ItemSlot[] inputslots)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityBarrel.OnEvery3Second(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Common.EventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world)
   at Vintagestory.Server.CoreServerEventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.Process()

It loops this error until I ctrl+c the server.

Removing xskills_v0.5.0-PR1.zip from my mods folder ensures this error doesn't happen. I've been running the server for a week or two now without issues, so I'm not sure if this is related to another mod or an item someone placed while I was logged out.

Edited by Slaad

3 hours ago, Slaad said:

Tried logging in and the server started throwing an error at me:

15.3.2021 06:40:25 [Notification] Delayed join, need to load one spawn chunk first.
15.3.2021 06:40:25 [Notification] Placing player at 511951.9375 185 511782.78125
15.3.2021 06:40:28 [Fatal] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at XSkills.BarrelRecipePatch.Prefix(ItemSlot[] inputslots, ItemStack& __state)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.BarrelRecipe.TryCraftNow_Patch2(BarrelRecipe this, ICoreAPI api, Double nowSealedHours, ItemSlot[] inputslots)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityBarrel.OnEvery3Second(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Common.EventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world)
   at Vintagestory.Server.CoreServerEventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.Process()

It loops this error until I ctrl+c the server.

Removing xskills_v0.5.0-PR1.zip from my mods folder ensures this error doesn't happen. I've been running the server for a week or two now without issues, so I'm not sure if this is related to another mod or an item someone placed while I was logged out.

Thank you for reporting this issue. I uploaded a small update to fix it. You just need to update xskills.

2 hours ago, Bentorium said:

Hello

Very nice mod must say keep up the good work. Gives some reasons to gather stuff.

Just asking if there is plans to add Tailoring / Leather working / Carpentry skills in future?

B.

Thank you. When they add unique gameplay features for this i will probably add skills for these as well. But it will probably take some time to get some ideas and implement them.

• Thanks 1

Would it be possible to add increased accuracy to the archery skill, in addition to increased damage?  In addition, would I be able to easily change the values for the percentages on skills if I were to unpack and then repack the .zip?  I always go for the hunter class because I mainly use bows, but if I were able to get accuracy from the archery skill and fiddle with the values to increase the boost from the scout skill, I could stop playing hunter without worry (and play commoner)

As a side note, I feel like the massive hits you take to certain skills' xp when playing certain classes don't make sense; simply decreasing the xp boost to 0 seems more than enough to average out the classes compared to the big negatives some classes have in so many things.  In addition, a clear way of getting xp in certain skills would be nice; me and my friend have no idea how to train a few of the skills.  Temporal adaptation, our best guess is just mess around in unstable areas; ditto for survival- do we just get xp by surviving?  Things like that.

1 hour ago, RustyKnight said:

Would it be possible to add increased accuracy to the archery skill, in addition to increased damage?  In addition, would I be able to easily change the values for the percentages on skills if I were to unpack and then repack the .zip?  I always go for the hunter class because I mainly use bows, but if I were able to get accuracy from the archery skill and fiddle with the values to increase the boost from the scout skill, I could stop playing hunter without worry (and play commoner)

As a side note, I feel like the massive hits you take to certain skills' xp when playing certain classes don't make sense; simply decreasing the xp boost to 0 seems more than enough to average out the classes compared to the big negatives some classes have in so many things.  In addition, a clear way of getting xp in certain skills would be nice; me and my friend have no idea how to train a few of the skills.  Temporal adaptation, our best guess is just mess around in unstable areas; ditto for survival- do we just get xp by surviving?  Things like that.

I think increased accuracy is possible. I already thought about adding something like this.

I do not recommend to change any values in the packed mod folder.  But the mod creates a bunch of config files where you can configure a lot of values including every exp modifier and every value for every ability. You should take a look at the configuration section of the mod description.

For temporal adaptation you gain exp for being in temporal unstable areas. You gain experience for the survival skill over time. But you lose some of this experience when you die.

5 hours ago, Digitalr said:

Can i suggest addition to farming skills?

Somewhat like "Extensive farming" allowing multiblock 3x3 soil to farmland conversion with hoe, seed placing and fertilizing

Hi. I think this is a great idea. But at the moment i do not want to add things to the farming skill, because there will probably some changes to farming with the 1.15 update and i want to look how this tuns out before i add things that do not work anymore with the next game update or are implmented as a vanilla feature.

• Like 1

Maybe I missed it on here. I cant get the unlearn button to give skill points back.

Ok I found it on page 2. You should have the need points and mead thing to the first page. Not sure why the modders post stuff in the forum replies but never updates the first page.  Makes it very hard to find stuff 

Edited by LocoMiner
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LocoMiner said:

Maybe I missed it on here. I cant get the unlearn button to give skill points back.

Ok I found it on page 2. You should have the need points and mead thing to the first page. Not sure why the modders post stuff in the forum replies but never updates the first page.  Makes it very hard to find stuff 

I want to add things like this to the ingame handbook. I am currently working on this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.