XLib and XSkills

Xandu

Hey, I uploaded a new version.  Primarily to a fix a compatibility issue with QPTech. But i also added two new abilities and improved the ability unlearn system a little bit. I also added the abilities and skills guide to the handbook in the game for all languages.

API:
    -Added OnTierChanged method to the Ability class. By default it just calls the OnPlayerAbilityTierChanged delegate if it exists.
    -Added the StatAbility class which is an easy way to create an ability that modifies a player stat.
    -You can now add the attribute "unlearnPoints" to every consumable item to make it give unlearnPoints. So you not have to rely on this weird mead stuff. :D

Changes:
    -Added the sniper ability to the combat skill.
    -Added the light footed ability to the husbandry skill.
    -Added a handbook page with some general information for Skills and abilities to all languages.
    -The 'unlearn button is now localized.'

Fixes:
    -Placing modded firepits will no longer crash the game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ketrai said:

It seems this mod conflicts with cooking recipes added by mods such as primitive survival (fish stew). Preventing the player from making them.

Can you please tell me which recipe(with ingredients) you mean exactly? Cause i just cooked something with fish and it worked perfectly fine.

Feature suggestion: tool blacklisting for XSkills skills/abilities. Either - by name, or by item class.

Currently, we have issues with items, supported multiblock mining, such as electric drill from Temporal Tinkerer, or hammers. Each time, when player break initial block, tool lost durability, but when other 8 blocks processed by script, durability restored. So... tool become undestructible.

13 hours ago, Xandu said:

Can you please tell me which recipe(with ingredients) you mean exactly? Cause i just cooked something with fish and it worked perfectly fine.

Quite odd, but a restart fixed it. I can only guess something didn't initialize right. Apologies for the bother!

Edited by Ketrai
Better grammar

19 minutes ago, Ketrai said:

Quite odd, but a restart fixed it. I can only guess something didn't initialize right. Apologies for the bother!

Do you play single player or on a server? Cause sometimes things seems to broke on multiplayer servers and i do not know why this could happen. Just want to know whether this could be one of these things.

2 hours ago, Digitalr said:

Feature suggestion: tool blacklisting for XSkills skills/abilities. Either - by name, or by item class.

Currently, we have issues with items, supported multiblock mining, such as electric drill from Temporal Tinkerer, or hammers. Each time, when player break initial block, tool lost durability, but when other 8 blocks processed by script, durability restored. So... tool become undestructible.

A blacklist seems a little bit laborious. I try to find another way to fix this.

3 minutes ago, Xandu said:

Do you play single player or on a server? Cause sometimes things seems to broke on multiplayer servers and i do not know why this could happen. Just want to know whether this could be one of these things.

I do host my own ad-hoc server at times to play with friends. So technically.

• Thanks 1

Just a heads up I noticed I was getting a lot of resources from bombing, so I popped into creative mode and did some 5x5 ore plots with a bomb vs mining with a pick.

With a bomb I got 64 and 14 ore, with the pick I got 54.  It could just be random chance making up the difference, I'd have to do it over and over to get the averages, but maybe a number is off somewhere?  I have bomberman 3 and Blaster along with 2/3 ore miner.

1 hour ago, Killer-of-Lawyers said:

Just a heads up I noticed I was getting a lot of resources from bombing, so I popped into creative mode and did some 5x5 ore plots with a bomb vs mining with a pick.

With a bomb I got 64 and 14 ore, with the pick I got 54.  It could just be random chance making up the difference, I'd have to do it over and over to get the averages, but maybe a number is off somewhere?  I have bomberman 3 and Blaster along with 2/3 ore miner.

It seems like i have to some tests with bombs.

Fantastic.  Also, I think that mead may not be working.  IF you drink mead it will give you an unlearn point, but if you use it then it will simply reset once you back out of the skills menu.Fantastic.  Also, I think that mead may not be working.  IF you drink mead it will give you an unlearn point, but if you use it then it will simply reset once you back out of the skills menu.  This doesn't seem to be a problem in single player, and I'm not noticing any errors or anything on the server.

a couple of us have also seen the above issue. we have drank the mead, clicked the unlearn button, then clicked the skill to unlearn, then clicked the unlearn button again, it shows an unlearn cooldown. at this point the both of us closed the menu and upon opening it again there is no cooldown and the point is back where it was.

On 4/4/2021 at 9:31 AM, Craig Berg said:

a couple of us have also seen the above issue. we have drank the mead, clicked the unlearn button, then clicked the skill to unlearn, then clicked the unlearn button again, it shows an unlearn cooldown. at this point the both of us closed the menu and upon opening it again there is no cooldown and the point is back where it was.

Do you all running the same and current version of the mods (0.5.0-PR3) on the clients and the server? It sounds like a server-client synchronization issue. I could not reproduce this on my test world.

I found the issue. It will be fixed with the next update.

Edited by Xandu

We've been talking about late-game survival, and have come to the conclusion that food is too abundant. What we need is abilities that increase food consumption; for example :

Survival: Abundance adaptation

Increases walk speed by 5/10/15%, but also increases food consumption by 10/20/30%.

Requires One the road or Scout.

Cooking: Healthy diet

Increases maximum health and health regeneration by 5/10/15%, but increases food consumption by 10/20/30%.

Tier 2 requires Chef. Tier 3 is exclusive with Probiotics tier 3.

Cooking: Probiotics

Decreases individual nutrition consumption by 5/10/15%, and increases food consumption by 5/10/15%.

Tier 2 requires Chef. Tier 3 is exclusive with Healthy diet tier 3.

All names and values are suggestions, of course.

11 minutes ago, Hexedian said:

We've been talking about late-game survival, and have come to the conclusion that food is too abundant. What we need is abilities that increase food consumption; for example :

Survival: Abundance adaptation

Increases walk speed by 5/10/15%, but also increases food consumption by 10/20/30%.

Requires One the road or Scout.

Cooking: Healthy diet

Increases maximum health and health regeneration by 5/10/15%, but increases food consumption by 10/20/30%.

Tier 2 requires Chef. Tier 3 is exclusive with Probiotics tier 3.

Cooking: Probiotics

Decreases individual nutrition consumption by 5/10/15%, and increases food consumption by 5/10/15%.

Tier 2 requires Chef. Tier 3 is exclusive with Healthy diet tier 3.

All names and values are suggestions, of course.

Hey, thank you for your suggestions. I add them to my list. My food related abilities list already has some entries. So at the moment it is more a matter of time.

• Like 1

I did alot of mod updates. The game crashes when i type

Running on 64 bit Windows with 16 GB RAM 
Version: v1.14.7 (Stable)4/18/2021 1:06:55 PM: Critical error occurred
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at XLib.XLeveling.SkillDialog..ctor(XLevelingClient client)
   at XLib.XLeveling.XLevelingClient.OnHotKeySkillDialog(KeyCombination comb)
   at _c12v7XY7V5mc9hZmU3NADcALBjE._RhnQGSqbYWke7uW4QOyOHzLfzAF(KeyEvent , IWorldAccessor , IPlayer , Boolean , Boolean , Boolean )
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.OnKeyDown(KeyEvent args)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.game_KeyDown(Object sender, KeyboardKeyEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.Platform.NativeWindowBase.OnKeyDown(Key key, Boolean repeat)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.HandleKeyboard(IntPtr handle, WindowMessage message, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.WindowProcedure(IntPtr handle, WindowMessage message, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Functions.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.ProcessEvents()
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   at _03wQBzfCnykaMLiRGgbQzrKOcn3._QN2fpVgRVBDOLs27GIkkdMlxeKf(_a9AJZVMB0wcgfRPD19VvLtZCbaX , String[] )
   at _NdjU5BXvKkfOW2d88pNMbEAjE1q._QN2fpVgRVBDOLs27GIkkdMlxeKf(ThreadStart )
-------------------------------

Event Log, last 3 entries
==================================
{ TimeGenerated = 4/18/2021 1:00:53 PM, Site = , Source = .NET Runtime, Message = Application: Vintagestory.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0020001, exception address 00007FFBAD954B59
Stack:
 }
{ TimeGenerated = 4/14/2021 4:36:37 PM, Site = , Source = .NET Runtime, Message = Application: Vintagestory.exe
Exception Info: exception code c0020001, exception address 00007FFD758FD759
Stack:
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Functions.SwapBuffers(IntPtr)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLContext.SwapBuffers()
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(System.Object, OpenTK.FrameEventArgs)
   at System.EventHandler`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Invoke(System.Object, System.__Canon)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double, Double ByRef)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double, Double)
   at _YrS2W1MoaeqC4xqH8ItdZB6vADN._8t1BmEWVlCT9mjx5M0vFIzU9tif(_7T00Rjby4si0wyEBez5dXNqLm7h, System.String[])
   at _ejKuc6cg0k8V39o8jDIzquyczbO._8t1BmEWVlCT9mjx5M0vFIzU9tif(System.Threading.ThreadStart)
   at _YrS2W1MoaeqC4xqH8ItdZB6vADN._M1VY8jQRHnZmSa0tV4cFASebLsH(System.String[])
 }
{ TimeGenerated = 1/30/2021 9:09:11 AM, Site = , Source = .NET Runtime, Message = Application: Vintagestory.exe
Exception Info: exception code c0020001, exception address 00007FFEA480D759
Stack:
 }

O. The mod works with 4,6 but everything above that crashes it. 

I uploaded a small update that should fix the unlearn points problem. Also changed the experience gain when you blow up ores and stones with bombs. I reworked the durability abilities. You will now only get one durability back even if multiple blocks were broken. This is to prevent modded tools that are able to break multiple blocks at once to become unbreakable.

On 4/18/2021 at 10:14 PM, LocoMiner said:

I did alot of mod updates. The game crashes when i type

Version: v1.14.7 (Stable)4/18/2021 1:06:55 PM: Critical error occurred
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at _c12v7XY7V5mc9hZmU3NADcALBjE._RhnQGSqbYWke7uW4QOyOHzLfzAF(KeyEvent , IWorldAccessor , IPlayer , Boolean , Boolean , Boolean )
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.game_KeyDown(Object sender, KeyboardKeyEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.HandleKeyboard(IntPtr handle, WindowMessage message, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.WindowProcedure(IntPtr handle, WindowMessage message, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at _03wQBzfCnykaMLiRGgbQzrKOcn3._QN2fpVgRVBDOLs27GIkkdMlxeKf(_a9AJZVMB0wcgfRPD19VvLtZCbaX , String[] )
   at _NdjU5BXvKkfOW2d88pNMbEAjE1q._QN2fpVgRVBDOLs27GIkkdMlxeKf(ThreadStart )

Event Log, last 3 entries
{ TimeGenerated = 4/18/2021 1:00:53 PM, Site = , Source = .NET Runtime, Message = Application: Vintagestory.exe
Exception Info: exception code c0020001, exception address 00007FFBAD954B59
Stack:
 }
{ TimeGenerated = 4/14/2021 4:36:37 PM, Site = , Source = .NET Runtime, Message = Application: Vintagestory.exe
Exception Info: exception code c0020001, exception address 00007FFD758FD759
Stack:
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLContext.SwapBuffers()
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(System.Object, OpenTK.FrameEventArgs)
   at System.EventHandler`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Invoke(System.Object, System.__Canon)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double, Double ByRef)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double, Double)
   at _YrS2W1MoaeqC4xqH8ItdZB6vADN._8t1BmEWVlCT9mjx5M0vFIzU9tif(_7T00Rjby4si0wyEBez5dXNqLm7h, System.String[])
   at _ejKuc6cg0k8V39o8jDIzquyczbO._8t1BmEWVlCT9mjx5M0vFIzU9tif(System.Threading.ThreadStart)
   at _YrS2W1MoaeqC4xqH8ItdZB6vADN._M1VY8jQRHnZmSa0tV4cFASebLsH(System.String[])
 }
{ TimeGenerated = 1/30/2021 9:09:11 AM, Site = , Source = .NET Runtime, Message = Application: Vintagestory.exe
Exception Info: exception code c0020001, exception address 00007FFEA480D759
Stack:
 }

O. The mod works with 4,6 but everything above that crashes it. 

This seems to be a version issue. Try to use the newest version of the mod(0.5.0) with the newest version of the game 1.14.10.

Edited by Xandu

It still crashes when i hit o

Version: v1.14.10 (Stable)4/20/2021 7:55:21 PM: Critical error occurred
   at _AZg8ZupMzxcre3m8VnVpHv5natC._858OWULxfj4vJ5yedUgdeJ3H31P(KeyEvent , IWorldAccessor , IPlayer , Boolean , Boolean , Boolean )
   at _ISiSTzGmXXpAqo3PzdxdVD1bClZ._ofvn0Tr1zNGCbNV3SxvKs2MXNP(_C7CLMRbe3BejVtaARYCgl7Bg1vl , String[] )
   at _0Y0SN1uu1V65pRLxvnN2xsIjXAg._ofvn0Tr1zNGCbNV3SxvKs2MXNP(ThreadStart )

Event Log entries containing Vintagestory.exe, the latest 3
{ TimeGenerated = 4/20/2021 7:55:30 PM, Site = , Source = Windows Error Reporting, Message = Fault bucket 1815689438836956140, type 4
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Vintagestory.exe
P2: 1.14.10.0
P3: 6079b344
P4: KERNELBASE.dll
P5: 10.0.19041.906
P6: 2f2f77bf
P7: c000041d
P8: 0000000000034b59
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER1EE9.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Vintagestory.exe_7adf7ccfcdc8a56b99adfd31e78e8f744d5b25_5674d60d_11922e0c-974f-4f41-9c77-9da61bba64ed

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: a5ddbd7e-30ce-4a11-8687-c0ed52ceae5d
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: f4963f08a123704129329fecb84e1bec
Cab Guid: 0 }
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 4/20/2021 7:55:29 PM, Site = , Source = Windows Error Reporting, Message = Fault bucket , type 0

Problem signature:
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_Vintagestory.exe_7adf7ccfcdc8a56b99adfd31e78e8f744d5b25_5674d60d_11922e0c-974f-4f41-9c77-9da61bba64ed

Analysis symbol: 
Report Status: 4
Hashed bucket: 
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 4/20/2021 7:55:27 PM, Site = , Source = Application Error, Message = Faulting application name: Vintagestory.exe, version: 1.14.10.0, time stamp: 0x6079b344
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.906, time stamp: 0x2f2f77bf
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x0000000000034b59
Faulting process id: 0x5884
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7365983948180
Faulting application path: D:\Games\Vintagestory14\Vintagestory.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:  }

7 hours ago, LocoMiner said:

It still crashes when i hit o

Version: v1.14.10 (Stable)4/20/2021 7:55:21 PM: Critical error occurred
   at _AZg8ZupMzxcre3m8VnVpHv5natC._858OWULxfj4vJ5yedUgdeJ3H31P(KeyEvent , IWorldAccessor , IPlayer , Boolean , Boolean , Boolean )
   at _ISiSTzGmXXpAqo3PzdxdVD1bClZ._ofvn0Tr1zNGCbNV3SxvKs2MXNP(_C7CLMRbe3BejVtaARYCgl7Bg1vl , String[] )
   at _0Y0SN1uu1V65pRLxvnN2xsIjXAg._ofvn0Tr1zNGCbNV3SxvKs2MXNP(ThreadStart )

Event Log entries containing Vintagestory.exe, the latest 3
{ TimeGenerated = 4/20/2021 7:55:30 PM, Site = , Source = Windows Error Reporting, Message = Fault bucket 1815689438836956140, type 4

Problem signature:
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER1EE9.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Vintagestory.exe_7adf7ccfcdc8a56b99adfd31e78e8f744d5b25_5674d60d_11922e0c-974f-4f41-9c77-9da61bba64ed

Analysis symbol: 
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: f4963f08a123704129329fecb84e1bec
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 4/20/2021 7:55:29 PM, Site = , Source = Windows Error Reporting, Message = Fault bucket , type 0

Problem signature:
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_Vintagestory.exe_7adf7ccfcdc8a56b99adfd31e78e8f744d5b25_5674d60d_11922e0c-974f-4f41-9c77-9da61bba64ed

Analysis symbol: 
Report Status: 4
Hashed bucket: 
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 4/20/2021 7:55:27 PM, Site = , Source = Application Error, Message = Faulting application name: Vintagestory.exe, version: 1.14.10.0, time stamp: 0x6079b344
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.906, time stamp: 0x2f2f77bf
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x0000000000034b59
Faulting process id: 0x5884
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7365983948180
Faulting application path: D:\Games\Vintagestory14\Vintagestory.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:  }

Do you use any other mods or made changes to the game files?

I think this can happen when you have only xlib without any skills. You also need the xskills mod( https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/247) so that you have some implmented skills. I thought i already fixed this.

Edited by Xandu

I have xskill 5.0 installed. I also have a xlib_v0.46 installed. Which I think is related to this mod. I dont see where to update it to 5.

Ok I found out where to update it. That was the problem.

Come to think of it expanded foods did a big update. Do I get cooking skill from doing stuff from that mod?

Edited by LocoMiner

1 hour ago, LocoMiner said:

I have xskill 5.0 installed. I also have a xlib_v0.46 installed. Which I think is related to this mod. I dont see where to update it to 5.

Ok I found out where to update it. That was the problem.

Come to think of it expanded foods did a big update. Do I get cooking skill from doing stuff from that mod?

You will get experience from cooking meals in pots. Not from cooking single items. I want to change this when i have more time to work on it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.