Jump to content

XLib and XSkills


Xandu

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Platidragon said:

Hello! there is an issue i nthe latest version

Unlearn skills aren't working properly and when you try to unlearn something and close O it just reset 

 

53 minutes ago, Tech_Rabbit said:

We can't even get O to open the skills menu. it's like the mod doesn't exist

Are you sure you have the newest versions: 1.14.10 of the game and both xlib 0.5.0 and xskills 0.5.0? For me it seems to work now. Even on a server. Make sure that the server is also up to date. The "Unlearn skills aren't working properly" was a server error.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Platidragon said:

It might be a good idea to change or be able to change mobs xp drops because from how much i played combat seems the most tedious to grind especially on servers that has custom mobs and no temporal stability or underground monsters only

You can adjust the values in the mods json files and i think json patches shold work, too. You can find the file here: xskills/assets/xskills/patches/combat.json

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has anyone had any issues with the cooking skill? whenever i try to make a meat stew with red meat, it seems the green arrow gets stuck at half way. This is why i try to make 8 servings. Not sure if this is me being impatient, a mod conflict, or if this is a bug. 

 

I also have a technical question: if another mod were to use xlib as a framework, and add it's own skills, would those clash with xskills? 

Edited by AngryRob
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, AngryRob said:

Has anyone had any issues with the cooking skill? whenever i try to make a meat stew with red meat, it seems the green arrow gets stuck at half way. This is why i try to make 8 servings. Not sure if this is me being impatient, a mod conflict, or if this is a bug. 

 

I also have a technical question: if another mod were to use xlib as a framework, and add it's own skills, would those clash with xskills? 

The green arrow sometimes act a little bit weird. The food should be cooked after a little while. If it does not work at all i may should take another look at it. 

Xlib is technically designed for this to work. You should even be able to add abilities to existing skills. It should work all fine as long as it does not conflict with existing abilities in some form. But i havn't tested it yet since nobody else has added new skills or abilities as long as i know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Xandu said:

The green arrow sometimes act a little bit weird. The food should be cooked after a little while. If it does not work at all i may should take another look at it. 

Xlib is technically designed for this to work. You should even be able to add abilities to existing skills. It should work all fine as long as it does not conflict with existing abilities in some form. But i havn't tested it yet since nobody else has added new skills or abilities as long as i know.

Thanks for the answers. I will have to watch the pot to see if it cooks at all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AngryRob said:

Thanks for the answers. I will have to watch the pot to see if it cooks at all. 

I think i needed to restart the game. When i loaded the game up this time, the pot seemed to cook normally. Unless other people chime in and report this as an issue, then i am going to assume that this was just me being impatient. Unless redmeat cooks longer than other things in stews... 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spoiler

 

Running on 64 bit Windows with 16 GB RAM
Version: v1.14.10 (Stable)26.04.2021 15:35:49: Critical error occurred
System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
   bei XSkills.EntityAgentPatch.Postfix(EntityAgent __instance, Block ___insideBlock)
   bei Vintagestory.API.Common.EntityAgent.GetWalkSpeedMultiplier_Patch1(EntityAgent this, Double groundDragFactor)
   bei Vintagestory.API.Common.EntityPlayer.GetWalkSpeedMultiplier(Double groundDragFactor)
   bei Vintagestory.API.Common.EntityPlayer.updateEyeHeight(Single dt)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.PlayerCamera.OnBeforeRenderFrame3D(Single deltaTime)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainRenderLoop(Single dt)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainGameLoop(Single deltaTime)
   bei _vKnDSS3ZW5fZhqcIJSzL9xbAUttA._mhcyOBzdAWALla9FVcjc15WACGi(Single )
   bei _w1hCRzQiukKlSxBw6hggDUXQ0jC._3HP2xkrryy8Ktr1q1yqHHv9s1kb(Single )
   bei _w1hCRzQiukKlSxBw6hggDUXQ0jC._JbXJA0SA6LQOS6diuqtXAjMb8Fo(Single )
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   bei System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp)
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   bei _ISiSTzGmXXpAqo3PzdxdVD1bClZ._ofvn0Tr1zNGCbNV3SxvKs2MXNP(_C7CLMRbe3BejVtaARYCgl7Bg1vl , String[] )
   bei _0Y0SN1uu1V65pRLxvnN2xsIjXAg._ofvn0Tr1zNGCbNV3SxvKs2MXNP(ThreadStart )
-------------------------------

Event Log entries containing Vintagestory.exe, the latest 3
==================================
{ TimeGenerated = 09.04.2021 19:12:42, Site = , Source = Application Error, Message = Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Vintagestory.exe, Version: 1.14.8.0, Zeitstempel: 0x6033ac5b
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: clr.dll, Version: 4.8.4300.0, Zeitstempel: 0x5f7e616e
Ausnahmecode: 0xc00000fd
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000068a74
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x6a98
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d72d42c9eb5e61
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Users\Kai\AppData\Roaming\Vintagestory\Vintagestory.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Berichtskennung: cfd7c867-7a47-44fb-a91c-f94238ca0c7a
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:  }
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 05.04.2021 20:55:27, Site = , Source = Application Error, Message = Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Vintagestory.exe, Version: 1.14.8.0, Zeitstempel: 0x6033ac5b
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: nvoglv64.dll, Version: 27.21.14.5671, Zeitstempel: 0x5f75532b
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x000000000113e30e
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x5ad4
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d72a4d26549ac9
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Users\Kai\AppData\Roaming\Vintagestory\Vintagestory.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_60daf66a00f2e0b6\nvoglv64.dll
Berichtskennung: 00461580-dd50-49c2-9e82-ffb9b67146e4
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:  }
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 05.04.2021 20:55:27, Site = , Source = .NET Runtime, Message = Anwendung: Vintagestory.exe
Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319
Beschreibung: Der Prozess wurde aufgrund einer unbehandelten Ausnahme beendet.
Ausnahmeinformationen: System.AccessViolationException
   bei OpenTK.Graphics.OpenGL.GL.Uniform4(Int32, Int32, Single[])
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ShaderProgramBase.Uniforms4(System.String, Int32, Single[])
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ShaderProgramBase.Use()
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ChunkRenderer.RenderOpaque(Single)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemRenderTerrain.OnRenderOpaque(Single)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(Vintagestory.API.Client.EnumRenderStage, Single)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(Vintagestory.API.Client.EnumRenderStage, Single)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainRenderLoop(Single)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainGameLoop(Single)
   bei _jeEziyUSYl0BpbOxT46FYwj5VWL._t25VgrofhlXMw6hHEZh8JHhJz1A(Single)
   bei _idIkJkIueHHf3Oz2WNlBdD0E1XR._DvzT6D0wN3fMakeuDyljJJ09hok(Single)
   bei _idIkJkIueHHf3Oz2WNlBdD0E1XR._V5piYzG7beYPldE6UVxY58dqacE(Single)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(System.Object, OpenTK.FrameEventArgs)
   bei System.EventHandler`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Invoke(System.Object, System.__Canon)
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double, Double ByRef)
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double, Double)
   bei _YrS2W1MoaeqC4xqH8ItdZB6vADN._8t1BmEWVlCT9mjx5M0vFIzU9tif(_7T00Rjby4si0wyEBez5dXNqLm7h, System.String[])
   bei _ejKuc6cg0k8V39o8jDIzquyczbO._8t1BmEWVlCT9mjx5M0vFIzU9tif(System.Threading.ThreadStart)
   bei _YrS2W1MoaeqC4xqH8ItdZB6vADN._M1VY8jQRHnZmSa0tV4cFASebLsH(System.String[])

 }

 

Crashed

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi. Do you know of any incompatibilities with other mods? I can't gain any experience from anything. I have many mods and I have made some mod updates recently, not sure if that may be the cause. Also I have changed exp gain to 3.0

I play in sp

There is definitely something wrong with the mod, I mean it collides with another mod or else; I got my survival skill reset after like 5 in game days and cooking stuck at 5.17 exp. Never had that happened before when I used RC modules.

switched back to rc3 xskills module with xlib 5.0 and it's all working again

Edited by adres4t
Additional information plus
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/26/2021 at 6:39 AM, AngryRob said:

I think i needed to restart the game. When i loaded the game up this time, the pot seemed to cook normally. Unless other people chime in and report this as an issue, then i am going to assume that this was just me being impatient. Unless redmeat cooks longer than other things in stews... 

Yeah i think there could be a problem when the fire pit is unloaded and then later loaded again. I probably need to make changes to how the whole cooking skill works to fix this.

 

On 4/26/2021 at 3:37 PM, Kai Effelsberg said:
  Hide contents

 

Running on 64 bit Windows with 16 GB RAM
Version: v1.14.10 (Stable)26.04.2021 15:35:49: Critical error occurred
System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
   bei XSkills.EntityAgentPatch.Postfix(EntityAgent __instance, Block ___insideBlock)
   bei Vintagestory.API.Common.EntityAgent.GetWalkSpeedMultiplier_Patch1(EntityAgent this, Double groundDragFactor)
   bei Vintagestory.API.Common.EntityPlayer.GetWalkSpeedMultiplier(Double groundDragFactor)
   bei Vintagestory.API.Common.EntityPlayer.updateEyeHeight(Single dt)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.PlayerCamera.OnBeforeRenderFrame3D(Single deltaTime)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainRenderLoop(Single dt)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainGameLoop(Single deltaTime)
   bei _vKnDSS3ZW5fZhqcIJSzL9xbAUttA._mhcyOBzdAWALla9FVcjc15WACGi(Single )
   bei _w1hCRzQiukKlSxBw6hggDUXQ0jC._3HP2xkrryy8Ktr1q1yqHHv9s1kb(Single )
   bei _w1hCRzQiukKlSxBw6hggDUXQ0jC._JbXJA0SA6LQOS6diuqtXAjMb8Fo(Single )
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   bei System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp)
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   bei _ISiSTzGmXXpAqo3PzdxdVD1bClZ._ofvn0Tr1zNGCbNV3SxvKs2MXNP(_C7CLMRbe3BejVtaARYCgl7Bg1vl , String[] )
   bei _0Y0SN1uu1V65pRLxvnN2xsIjXAg._ofvn0Tr1zNGCbNV3SxvKs2MXNP(ThreadStart )
-------------------------------

Event Log entries containing Vintagestory.exe, the latest 3
==================================
{ TimeGenerated = 09.04.2021 19:12:42, Site = , Source = Application Error, Message = Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Vintagestory.exe, Version: 1.14.8.0, Zeitstempel: 0x6033ac5b
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: clr.dll, Version: 4.8.4300.0, Zeitstempel: 0x5f7e616e
Ausnahmecode: 0xc00000fd
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000068a74
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x6a98
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d72d42c9eb5e61
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Users\Kai\AppData\Roaming\Vintagestory\Vintagestory.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Berichtskennung: cfd7c867-7a47-44fb-a91c-f94238ca0c7a
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:  }
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 05.04.2021 20:55:27, Site = , Source = Application Error, Message = Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Vintagestory.exe, Version: 1.14.8.0, Zeitstempel: 0x6033ac5b
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: nvoglv64.dll, Version: 27.21.14.5671, Zeitstempel: 0x5f75532b
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x000000000113e30e
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x5ad4
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d72a4d26549ac9
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Users\Kai\AppData\Roaming\Vintagestory\Vintagestory.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_60daf66a00f2e0b6\nvoglv64.dll
Berichtskennung: 00461580-dd50-49c2-9e82-ffb9b67146e4
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:  }
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 05.04.2021 20:55:27, Site = , Source = .NET Runtime, Message = Anwendung: Vintagestory.exe
Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319
Beschreibung: Der Prozess wurde aufgrund einer unbehandelten Ausnahme beendet.
Ausnahmeinformationen: System.AccessViolationException
   bei OpenTK.Graphics.OpenGL.GL.Uniform4(Int32, Int32, Single[])
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ShaderProgramBase.Uniforms4(System.String, Int32, Single[])
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ShaderProgramBase.Use()
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ChunkRenderer.RenderOpaque(Single)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemRenderTerrain.OnRenderOpaque(Single)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(Vintagestory.API.Client.EnumRenderStage, Single)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(Vintagestory.API.Client.EnumRenderStage, Single)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainRenderLoop(Single)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainGameLoop(Single)
   bei _jeEziyUSYl0BpbOxT46FYwj5VWL._t25VgrofhlXMw6hHEZh8JHhJz1A(Single)
   bei _idIkJkIueHHf3Oz2WNlBdD0E1XR._DvzT6D0wN3fMakeuDyljJJ09hok(Single)
   bei _idIkJkIueHHf3Oz2WNlBdD0E1XR._V5piYzG7beYPldE6UVxY58dqacE(Single)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(System.Object, OpenTK.FrameEventArgs)
   bei System.EventHandler`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Invoke(System.Object, System.__Canon)
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double, Double ByRef)
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double, Double)
   bei _YrS2W1MoaeqC4xqH8ItdZB6vADN._8t1BmEWVlCT9mjx5M0vFIzU9tif(_7T00Rjby4si0wyEBez5dXNqLm7h, System.String[])
   bei _ejKuc6cg0k8V39o8jDIzquyczbO._8t1BmEWVlCT9mjx5M0vFIzU9tif(System.Threading.ThreadStart)
   bei _YrS2W1MoaeqC4xqH8ItdZB6vADN._M1VY8jQRHnZmSa0tV4cFASebLsH(System.String[])

 }

 

Crashed

How did you manage to break this function? Does this occur in special situations? Does this happen more than once?

On 4/27/2021 at 10:30 PM, adres4t said:

Hi. Do you know of any incompatibilities with other mods? I can't gain any experience from anything. I have many mods and I have made some mod updates recently, not sure if that may be the cause. Also I have changed exp gain to 3.0

I play in sp

There is definitely something wrong with the mod, I mean it collides with another mod or else; I got my survival skill reset after like 5 in game days and cooking stuck at 5.17 exp. Never had that happened before when I used RC modules.

switched back to rc3 xskills module with xlib 5.0 and it's all working again

This is strange. The update to 0.5 should not impact the experience gain. I will take a look into it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/29/2021 at 9:48 PM, Jessica O. said:

Is there a Guide online somewhere that goes over which activities give XP for which skills and the specifics on Professions Vs. Skills in general?

 

I added a list to the mod description where you can see how you can gather experience for the skills. I don't really know what you mean with 'the specifics on Professions Vs. Skills in general'. You can see ingame which ability you can learn with which skill. So i would say you can see there which skill gives you which advantages.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, adres4t said:

May not be an issue with your mod, might be any other that changes the same values

my list of mods:

image.thumb.png.a5281bbfa7122e93866238916e247f2b.png

Have you tried to disable all other mods and test it on a test world? If someone can tell me a conflict with a specific mod I may be able to fix it. But at the moment I just don't have the time to test every mod by msyelf to find a conflict.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, adres4t said:

May not be an issue with your mod, might be any other that changes the same values

my list of mods:

*snip modlist*

you have two versions of extrachests in there; not sure if it would cause any issues but might want to take the older one out  

Edited by Lisabet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Lisabet said:

image.thumb.png.62b4e22881049e83dd3c21ddd7431636.png

lol could be worse :P 

 

btw, I'm curious why the metal bits you harvest from locusts take 21 to smelt to an ingot? that's an odd number when everything else does 20:1

Do you have any issues with all these mods? I am just curious since some people seem to have trouble with some of the mods features with so many mods. 

 

The maximum tier of the metal recovery ability (not the mod) gives you 1 metal bit for every 2 splits. A metal ingot contains 42 voxels. So if you use the 'split' on all voxels you would receive 21 metal bits. You can use these 21 bits to smelt a complete new ingot. And i use the same metal bits for both abilities: metal recovery and salvager. Thats the reason why you need 21 bits to smelt one ingot. The bits where you need 20 are from the metal recovery mod.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

usually I have no issue with my mod list :) there's one mod I can't use for whatever reason, but that set there has no problems that I've found.  Granted, I get very little cooking skill since most of what I do through extended foods doesn't use the cooking pot the traditional way, but I have gotten some and eventually I'll level in it lol.

in my current game I have: 7 survival, 4 combat, 2 farming, 4 digging, 3 forestry, 9 mining, 2 husbandry, 9 metal working, 2 pottery and 1 cooking; and in cooking I'm at 23.76/40

*edit* I may need to use mead, as I chose the Finishing Touch skill in metalworking and starting to realize my metal bits from the recovery mod will be very slim if I keep that one lol

Edited by Lisabet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

Is there anything we can do from Expanded Food's end to make it more compatible with the Cooking skill?

I have already thought about this. But you can't probably do much without adding xlib as a dependency to your mod.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.