XLib and XSkills

Xandu

12 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

Hey Xandu, all of the Expanded Foods stuff should be available on Github soon, if you want to take a look.
Not that we're ready for 1.15 yet...

Thank you. I may look into it and just write some code for it. So when it is ready for 1.15 i just adjust a few things to make it work.

• Like 1

The Vampire combat ability lists its stats as

"name": "vampire",
[...]

I believe it should be

"name": "vampire",
[...]

otherwise, at tier 3, you have 65% life steal.

Also, the patches/husbandry file has misspellings for arctic foxes and raccoons, missing a 'c' in both cases.

Edited by Hexedian

3 hours ago, Hexedian said:

The Vampire combat ability lists its stats as

I believe it should be

otherwise, at tier 3, you have 65% life steal.

Also, the patches/husbandry file has misspellings for arctic foxes and raccoons, missing a 'c' in both cases.

Thank you for your report. You are totally right.

On 7/7/2021 at 2:28 PM, Сёмка said:

will there be a version for 1.15-rc?

A thing i used for an ability was changed in the base game with last update.  I need to see what was done in the source code to adjust my code. Since this source code is not public readable yet i can not update the mod at the moment.

In most cases i can just guess what has been changed and adjust my code and it runs well. But this time this hasn't worked.

Edited by Xandu

I hopefully managed to fix the problem so i uploaded a version that works with the 1.15-rc.2 Version of the game. You can find this new version in the mod db. Here are the patch notes since there 0.6.0-pre2 update. The moddb has the patch notes since the last version i uploaded there.

I have now nearly finished everything i had on my todo-list, that had a justifiable work/usage balance and a technically doable way to implement. This also includes suggestions from the community. 😄

Features:
        -Added Extensive Farming ability to the farming skill.
        -Added Bright Harvest ability to the farming skill.
        -Added catcher ability to the husbandry skill.
            -Added new cage block. It is only craftable and useable with the catcher ability.
        -You can now see the items from your strong back ability inventory in your backpack. (It is a quite experimental solution and i hope it causes no issues.)
        -The quality of cooked food will now be reduced by 20% when it is sealed in crocks.

Fixes:
        -Fixed wrong order of values for the vampire skill. You need to delete the combat configuration to apply this fix or just the vampire section of the file. You can also run the command "/skill reset config combat" to reset the combat configuration file.
        -Fixed spelling errors in the husbandry.json patch file.

not sure if it is just birch trees but my character is not gaining forestry exp when cutting down trees in version 0.6.0pre-3 and vs version 1.15.0rc-2 

this is in a singleplayer game so not a server config difference issue just so you know. 

also only pre-generated trees not those grown from seeds, not tested how it behaves with those yet

Edited by EtherialMind
new understanding

6 hours ago, EtherialMind said:

not sure if it is just birch trees but my character is not gaining forestry exp when cutting down trees in version 0.6.0pre-3 and vs version 1.15.0rc-2 

this is in a singleplayer game so not a server config difference issue just so you know. 

also only pre-generated trees not those grown from seeds, not tested how it behaves with those yet

Thank you for reporting this bug.

It seems that the files for wood logs were moved. I will fix this in the next patch.

• Thanks 1

Also, not sure if it's xskills or not, but creatures aren't wounding me...at all (and I don't have the meatshield skill)  I can take damage from falling, but not even the sawblade locusts damage me, though my seraph does cry out when they hit.

2 hours ago, Lisabet said:

Also, not sure if it's xskills or not, but creatures aren't wounding me...at all (and I don't have the meatshield skill)  I can take damage from falling, but not even the sawblade locusts damage me, though my seraph does cry out when they hit.

Do you have any other mod that could influence this? Because when i only use XSkills i do not have this issues.

I have several other mods but this one is the latest added into my 1.15 batch lol; here's my list:

modlist.png

as you can see, the 'latest' or most recently updated in there are xskills, useful stuff, starterpack, hudclock, extrachestsCC, chaoslands, CarryCapacity, bettercratesCC and PolsServerUtil; hmm...I only grabbed chaoslands because he moved his locustnests to it; that mod does have alot of combat related stuff so it could be the culprit.  I'll make a note on his mod as well. (sorry was thinking out loud while identifying the most recently downloaded ones :) )

Edited by Lisabet
fixed pic
  • Wolf Bait 1

oh, unrelated lol

I grabbed the 'well rested' skill in survival, and the timer that pops up after sleeping is in the upper left hand corner (directly on/under the clock from the hudclock mod) I've tried clicking the dropdown to enable moving it, but when I try it just hides behind the clock; is there any way at all for the default location to be moved somewhere else? even just an inch or so below the exact upperleft corner

well rested location.png

Edited by Lisabet

27 minutes ago, Lisabet said:

I have several other mods but this one is the latest added into my 1.15 batch lol; here's my list:

modlist.png

as you can see, the 'latest' or most recently updated in there are xskills, useful stuff, starterpack, hudclock, extrachestsCC, chaoslands, CarryCapacity, bettercratesCC and PolsServerUtil; hmm...I only grabbed chaoslands because he moved his locustnests to it; that mod does have alot of combat related stuff so it could be the culprit.  I'll make a note on his mod as well. (sorry was thinking out loud while identifying the most recently downloaded ones :) )

Ok. I will do some more tests to see if i can reproduce it. 

6 minutes ago, Lisabet said:

oh, unrelated lol

I grabbed the 'well rested' skill in survival, and the timer that pops up after sleeping is in the upper left hand corner (directly on/under the clock from the hudclock mod) I've tried clicking the dropdown to enable moving it, but when I try it just hides behind the clock; is there any way at all for the default location to be moved somewhere else? even just an inch or so below the exact upperleft corner

I can do this.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Lisabet said:

hate to say it but it actually is xlib/xskills somehow; made a world without the chaos lands mod and was still invulnerable;  made a world with xlib/xskills disabled and image.png.45819f1d9443b15c043efdb0c435256c.png

Okay. I will try to find the issue tomorrow. 

9 minutes ago, Lisabet said:

I'll try one with no mods except xskiills and see what happens lol

*edits* nevermind, it does seem to be a dependency issue or something? was disabling all my mods when I noticed this:

dependencies.png

logs:

server-main.txt 17.88 kB · 0 downloads server-event.txt 4.01 kB · 0 downloads

This error just occurs because you disabled Xlib. Without it xskills shows this error.

*winces* sorry, realized something like that occured; however! I think I found the issue lol

made a world with ONLY xlibs/xskills (and stepup lol) enabled, same issue, saved the logs :)

pertinent bit (I think) 

11.7.2021 14:39:59 [Fatal] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at XSkills.XSkillsPlayerBehavior.OnDamage(Single damage, DamageSource dmgSource)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityBehaviorHealth.OnEntityReceiveDamage(DamageSource damageSource, Single damage)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity.ReceiveDamage(DamageSource damageSource, Single damage)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.AiTaskMeleeAttack.ContinueExecute(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.AiTaskManager.OnGameTick(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityBehaviorTaskAI.OnGameTick(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity.OnGameTick(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.EntityAgent.OnGameTick(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemEntitySimulation.TickEntities(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemEntitySimulation.OnServerTick(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.Process()

Logs:server-main.txt

server-event.txt

28 minutes ago, Lisabet said:

*winces* sorry, realized something like that occured; however! I think I found the issue lol

made a world with ONLY xlibs/xskills (and stepup lol) enabled, same issue, saved the logs :)

pertinent bit (I think) 

11.7.2021 14:39:59 [Fatal] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at XSkills.XSkillsPlayerBehavior.OnDamage(Single damage, DamageSource dmgSource)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityBehaviorHealth.OnEntityReceiveDamage(DamageSource damageSource, Single damage)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity.ReceiveDamage(DamageSource damageSource, Single damage)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.AiTaskMeleeAttack.ContinueExecute(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.AiTaskManager.OnGameTick(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityBehaviorTaskAI.OnGameTick(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity.OnGameTick(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.EntityAgent.OnGameTick(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemEntitySimulation.TickEntities(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemEntitySimulation.OnServerTick(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.Process()

Logs:server-main.txt

server-event.txt 4.51 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you. That would explain why you receive no damage. Now i must figure out why this happens.

• Cookie time 1

I uploaded a new version which should fix the 'not getting damage' bug. It could happen when you play without the temporal stability system.  

I also added a quality system similar to the quality system for cooking foods to the metalworking skill. So talented smiths can now create better tools for everyone. 😄

Features:
    -Updated polish translation by @Beerus.
    -I may forgot to mention the cross breeding ability?
    -Added the blacksmith ability to the metalworking skill.
        -It adds a 'quality' mechanic to forged items.
        -Tools and armor created with items with quality will have more durability, more attack damage and more mining speed.
Fixes:
    -Fixed the wrong file location for wood logs. The forester skill should now be applied correct on all wood logs again.
    -Fixed the shifter ability not being applied.
    -Fixed not getting damage from enemies when temporal stability was disabled.

• Thanks 1

Version: v1.14.10 (Stable)13.07.2021 10:51:52: Critical error occurred
System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
   bei XLib.XLeveling.SkillDialog..ctor(XLevelingClient client)
   bei XLib.XLeveling.XLevelingClient.OnHotKeySkillDialog(KeyCombination comb)
   bei _AZg8ZupMzxcre3m8VnVpHv5natC._858OWULxfj4vJ5yedUgdeJ3H31P(KeyEvent , IWorldAccessor , IPlayer , Boolean , Boolean , Boolean )
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.OnKeyDown(KeyEvent args)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.game_KeyDown(Object sender, KeyboardKeyEventArgs e)
   bei System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   bei OpenTK.Platform.NativeWindowBase.OnKeyDown(Key key, Boolean repeat)
   bei OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.HandleKeyboard(IntPtr handle, WindowMessage message, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   bei OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.WindowProcedure(IntPtr handle, WindowMessage message, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   bei OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Functions.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   bei OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.ProcessEvents()
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   bei _ISiSTzGmXXpAqo3PzdxdVD1bClZ._ofvn0Tr1zNGCbNV3SxvKs2MXNP(_C7CLMRbe3BejVtaARYCgl7Bg1vl , String[] )
   bei _0Y0SN1uu1V65pRLxvnN2xsIjXAg._ofvn0Tr1zNGCbNV3SxvKs2MXNP(ThreadStart )

30 minutes ago, Kai Effelsberg said:

Version: v1.14.10 (Stable)13.07.2021 10:51:52: Critical error occurred
System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
   bei XLib.XLeveling.SkillDialog..ctor(XLevelingClient client)
   bei XLib.XLeveling.XLevelingClient.OnHotKeySkillDialog(KeyCombination comb)
   bei _AZg8ZupMzxcre3m8VnVpHv5natC._858OWULxfj4vJ5yedUgdeJ3H31P(KeyEvent , IWorldAccessor , IPlayer , Boolean , Boolean , Boolean )
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.OnKeyDown(KeyEvent args)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.game_KeyDown(Object sender, KeyboardKeyEventArgs e)
   bei OpenTK.Platform.NativeWindowBase.OnKeyDown(Key key, Boolean repeat)
   bei OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.HandleKeyboard(IntPtr handle, WindowMessage message, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   bei OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.WindowProcedure(IntPtr handle, WindowMessage message, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   bei OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Functions.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   bei OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.ProcessEvents()
   bei _ISiSTzGmXXpAqo3PzdxdVD1bClZ._ofvn0Tr1zNGCbNV3SxvKs2MXNP(_C7CLMRbe3BejVtaARYCgl7Bg1vl , String[] )
   bei _0Y0SN1uu1V65pRLxvnN2xsIjXAg._ofvn0Tr1zNGCbNV3SxvKs2MXNP(ThreadStart )

Do you have any informations in which situation does this happened?

If someone starts/fire up the Pit Kiln the other Players crash with the Following Log.

Running on 64 bit Windows with 16 GB RAM 
Version: v1.15.0 (Stable)16.07.2021 16:15:08: Critical error occurred
   bei XSkills.BlockEntityPitKilnPatch.Postfix(BlockEntityPitKiln __instance, IPlayer byPlayer)
   bei Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityPitKiln.FromTreeAttributes(ITreeAttribute tree, IWorldAccessor worldForResolving)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientChunk.AddOrUpdateBlockEntityFromPacket(_ghXD5NKeifxjBZbJOwFAvz8sOqmA p, ClientMain game)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.GeneralPacketHandler.HandleBlockEntities(_PJkWYY2en9kpG8I4bZQar7CgJDh packet)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.ExecuteMainThreadTasks(Single deltaTime)
   bei _DLw29xcc4gWHWfw8Em0aOjlQATi._TFtOrZMSbYowcBNbCxzYGGi9tPB(Single )
   bei _Hx2yddcXbI4cHPSiFN8uLToeZYi._4nKLMGBXSYT0MlLMXytiZXnv1pE(Single )
   bei _Hx2yddcXbI4cHPSiFN8uLToeZYi._zuHdBQu2Ufqe6gkW2Lbew2nkMld(Single )
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp)
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   bei _aZ2fvA6N0dSuJcMaBGoJm3sgDNM._I7uMuBrykFfyAmYcxlmGjnH5B6N(_gOZk4eLYIxYBLj6wraBWI9aAKFz , String[] )
   bei _Ftrf2yPR687y7LQA9DOeCuoEf4dA._I7uMuBrykFfyAmYcxlmGjnH5B6N(ThreadStart )
-------------------------------

• Thanks 1

Running 1.15.1 on a server and with only xskills and xlib loaded my server crashes the instant a player joins.

02:51:50 [Server Debug] Response from auth server: {"playername":"Sirix","entitlements":null,"valid":1}
02:51:50 [Server Notification] Delayed join, need to load one spawn chunk first.
02:51:51 [Server Notification] Placing player at 51575.3828124974 166 51245.0625000023
================================================================= Native Crash Reporting ================================================================= Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries used by your application. ================================================================= ================================================================= Native stacktrace: =================================================================
0x5645899c2265 - /usr/bin/mono : (null) 0x5645899c25fc - /usr/bin/mono : (null) 0x56458996da21 - /usr/bin/mono : (null) 0x5645899bbbfb - /usr/bin/mono : (null) 0x41faf7c9 - Unknown ================================================================= Telemetry Dumper: =================================================================
Pkilling 0x7fab6ffff700 from 0x7fab91abf780
Could not exec mono-hang-watchdog, expected on path '/etc/../bin/mono-hang-watchdog' (errno 2)
Pkilling 0x7fab44be0700 from 0x7fab91abf780 Pkilling 0x7fab28ffb700 from 0x7fab91abf780
Pkilling 0x7fab4bf43700 from 0x7fab91abf780
Pkilling 0x7fab84e6d700 from 0x7fab91abf780
Pkilling 0x7fab8526f700 from 0x7fab91abf780 Pkilling 0x7fab42cff700 from 0x7fab91abf780 Pkilling 0x7fab328ff700 from 0x7fab91abf780
rate limit exceeded
================================================================= External Debugger Dump: =================================================================
  • Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.