XLib and XSkills

Xandu

On 8/25/2021 at 11:47 AM, Matinez said:

It was 3 meat and 1 vegetable or 3 meat and 1 fruit. I exclude Expanded Foods because it crash without this mod. Now I turn off Inventory Tweaks and no crash so far. Worst part is this crash i soooo random. My wife has that crash too from her computer on my save thru LAN. She thought the problem is putting crock on the ground with shift pressed but next time with shift was no crash and so on... random random,,,, still looking...

sorry for my english

edit: Game without Inventory Tweaks is horrible 🙂 I so much love this mod 🙂

It seems like somehow the number of items in the internal inventory of the crock gets messed up somehow. So the somehow there are more items inside the crock than the game can handle. But this should only happen if there are something like more than 7 items inside the crock. So your meals should be fine and i don't know why it could cause such an issue. And i even don't know why it seems to be so inconsistent. When the crock is messed up it should crash every time you try to place it.

I do not know what Inventory Tweaks would have to do with it. All it does is shuffling around items.

23 hours ago, Xandu said:

It seems like somehow the number of items in the internal inventory of the crock gets messed up somehow. So the somehow there are more items inside the crock than the game can handle. But this should only happen if there are something like more than 7 items inside the crock. So your meals should be fine and i don't know why it could cause such an issue. And i even don't know why it seems to be so inconsistent. When the crock is messed up it should crash every time you try to place it.

I do not know what Inventory Tweaks would have to do with it. All it does is shuffling around items.

I don't know what's going on but without Inventory Tweaks (one of the BEST mod ever) few days in row without crash local and LAN.

There is some warnings in logs about Inventory Tweaks:

[Warning] [xinvtweaks] Dependency 'game': Failed parsing version string '1.15.Pre1' at index 5: Expected PATCH version number, found 'P' (best guess: 1.15.0-Pre1)
[Warning] [xinvtweaks] Dependency 'survival': Failed parsing version string '1.15.Pre1' at index 5: Expected PATCH version number, found 'P' (best guess: 1.15.0-Pre1)

is that ok?

5 minutes ago, Matinez said:

I don't know what's going on but without Inventory Tweaks (one of the BEST mod ever) few days in row without crash local and LAN.

There is some warnings in logs about Inventory Tweaks:

[Warning] [xinvtweaks] Dependency 'game': Failed parsing version string '1.15.Pre1' at index 5: Expected PATCH version number, found 'P' (best guess: 1.15.0-Pre1)
[Warning] [xinvtweaks] Dependency 'survival': Failed parsing version string '1.15.Pre1' at index 5: Expected PATCH version number, found 'P' (best guess: 1.15.0-Pre1)

is that ok?

You can ignore this warning.

Just a quick question. When it comes to getting steel bits after metal processing with steel ingots. How do you turn the steel bits back into steel ingots/blister steel? I've tried placing them in a stone coffin to no avail. Bloomeries are a no go, and nothing I know of burns hot enough to make a crucible melt the steel. Just curious what to do with them.

40 minutes ago, Solaireislove said:

Just a quick question. When it comes to getting steel bits after metal processing with steel ingots. How do you turn the steel bits back into steel ingots/blister steel? I've tried placing them in a stone coffin to no avail. Bloomeries are a no go, and nothing I know of burns hot enough to make a crucible melt the steel. Just curious what to do with them.

There should be a crafting recipe to craft blister steel from steel bits.

40 minutes ago, Xandu said:

There should be a crafting recipe to craft blister steel from steel bits.

Oh okay, what threw me off is there are two "steel bits" in the survival guide. The other steel bit when clicked shows a recipe of steel bits in a circle in the crafting grid. The other doesn't give a recipe for forming blister steel. Thanks much appreciated!

20 hours ago, Solaireislove said:

Oh okay, what threw me off is there are two "steel bits" in the survival guide. The other steel bit when clicked shows a recipe of steel bits in a circle in the crafting grid. The other doesn't give a recipe for forming blister steel. Thanks much appreciated!

The vanilla game introduced its own kind of metal bits after the mod. I will keep them in the mod for compatibility reasons. That's the reason why there are two variants. You should be able to mix them for the recipe. At least it worked for me.

16 hours ago, SturgeonFish said:

I'm in the middle of testing but maybe you can answer this sooner:

Does afforestation now affect tree seed drop rates instead of saplings?

Thanks to your comment i noticed that the json files for the leaves moved in the base game. So i have to adjust this. Until then abilities related to leaves do not work.

Ok cool, I was trying to evaluate a 0.6% (ebony seeds with shears + afforestation) chance against a 0.5% one. If I can make a request, some additonal skill for the ultra rare tree seeds would be be something I'd greatly appreciate. Even with a 20% boost it's next to impossible to keep a stable supply.

• Like 1

I get into bronze age but still have zero EXP into metalworking.

Modlist:

Better Than Heresy 1.2.0

Expanded food 1.4.1

Fancy doors 1.0.5-rc1

Rope Bridges 1.1.0

Spyglass 0.4.0

VSMovementMod 1.0.5

ZEEkea 1.4.10

CarryCapacity 0.6.2

Medieval Expansion 3.6.0

vsprospectorinfo 4.1.0

Anvil Metal Recovery+ 0.1.15

Debark Fix 1.0.0

Xlib & Xskills 0.6.0-pre.9

• Like 1

15 hours ago, EreticKB said:

I get into bronze age but still have zero EXP into metalworking.

Modlist:

Better Than Heresy 1.2.0

Expanded food 1.4.1

Fancy doors 1.0.5-rc1

Rope Bridges 1.1.0

Spyglass 0.4.0

VSMovementMod 1.0.5

ZEEkea 1.4.10

CarryCapacity 0.6.2

Medieval Expansion 3.6.0

vsprospectorinfo 4.1.0

Anvil Metal Recovery+ 0.1.15

Debark Fix 1.0.0

Xlib & Xskills 0.6.0-pre.9

So you don't get any experience while casting tools or forging on an anvil?

1 hour ago, EreticKB said:

Check, don't get any EXP even with Xskills alone.

Do you get experience for all other skills?

Do you have the current version of the game and the mods? Do you have changed any configuration files? 

Have you tried it on different worlds?

Edited by Xandu

4 hours ago, Xandu said:

I used the newest version.

I have very similar, but even more strange problem. Xskills sometimes counting metalworks exp, and sometimes not. Sometimes if I off the game and back in again it works well, but after some time of playing, it stops counting again. Interesting, in v1.14 I played whit both Xskills and Anvil Metal Recovery whitout any problems,

23 minutes ago, Draaven1 said:

I have very similar, but even more strange problem. Xskills sometimes counting metalworks exp, and sometimes not. Sometimes if I off the game and back in again it works well, but after some time of playing, it stops counting again. Interesting, in v1.14 I played whit both Xskills and Anvil Metal Recovery whitout any problems,

Ok. Did you now use Anvil Metal Recovery, too? They changed how the mod works for version 1.15 and that may broke something. But until know i haven't found anything that could cause such a problem. I would like to see a log file after this issue happened.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.