XLib and XSkills

Xandu

On 6/9/2022 at 3:18 PM, Peter Sanderson said:

I tested and then disabled a mod. The conflict seems to be with VinterNacht's "Fields of Gold" mod. When it is disabled, Repotting works on all plants at all stages.

I let VinterNacht know about this issue.

Also, I did notice after updating on my test server that while I received husbandry XP for Creatures and Critters, I did not receive any for the Outlaw Mod on either combat or husbandry.

Ok I will look at these mods and try to find the issues. 

19 hours ago, Eliz Triad said:

Is Huge Stomach a hoax?

I've always been depressed that the character is rapidly starving. And I've always been pumping the Huge Stomach skill. But even that wasn't enough. I changed the values in the settings so that I got 10 skill levels.

{
      "name": "hugestomach",
      "id": 1,
      "maxTier": 10,
      "minLevel": 1,
      "enabled": true,
      "values": [
      ]
    },

In total, the maximum size of the stomach at level 10 would be 6500.

I have accumulated several skill points and pumped my stomach from level 2 to level 7 at once.
It seemed to me that with such a volume of stomach, I should have been hungry only after a week..
But what was my disappointment that the character became hungry in about the same period of time as before, it's just that now he needs colossally more food than before. As a result, I realized that the large size of the stomach will not allow me to eat less often.
And it seems that increasing this value only worsens the situation.
It turns out that only the parameter that affects the rate of hunger matters, but not the size of the stomach. And Huge Stomach just forces you to eat more, but you will spend everything you ate at the same rate. At low skill levels, this is not so noticeable.

I assume that if I made the stomach size, say 50.000, then the character would get hungry in the same 1,5-2 days.

Is this a random mistake that has not been noticed yet? Or was the skill originally intended to be negative? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Funny fact: this skill was translated into Russian as "The glutton", which fully reflects its negative effect.

vintagestory 2022-06-09 21-30-39.png

This is weird. I took a look into the maths behind the hunger mechanics and from my understanding that shouldn't be the case. I might take a deeper look into it. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Our server sometimes crashes with

Spoiler

[Server Fatal] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityBehaviorEmotionStates.OnEntityReceiveDamage(DamageSource damageSource, Single& damage)

at Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity.ReceiveDamage_Patch1(Entity this, DamageSource damageSource, Single damage)

at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockLava.OnEntityInside(IWorldAccessor world, Entity entity, BlockPos pos)

at Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityBehaviorControlledPhysics.DisplaceWithBlockCollision(EntityPos pos, EntityControls controls, Single dt)

at Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityBehaviorControlledPhysics.TickEntityPhysics(EntityPos pos, EntityControls controls, Single dt)

at Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityBehaviorControlledPhysics.TickEntityPhysicsPre(Entity entity, Single dt)

at Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityBehaviorControlledPhysics.onPhysicsTick(Single deltaTime)

at Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityBehaviorControlledPhysics.OnGameTick(Single deltaTime)

at Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity.OnGameTick(Single dt)

at Vintagestory.API.Common.EntityAgent.OnGameTick(Single dt)

at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemEntitySimulation.TickEntities(Single dt)

at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemEntitySimulation.OnServerTick(Single dt)

at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.Process()

Not sure which mod causes this, so i am posting this just in case its xskills.

20 hours ago, CoB said:

Our server sometimes crashes with

Hide contents

[Server Fatal] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityBehaviorEmotionStates.OnEntityReceiveDamage(DamageSource damageSource, Single& damage)

at Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity.ReceiveDamage_Patch1(Entity this, DamageSource damageSource, Single damage)

at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockLava.OnEntityInside(IWorldAccessor world, Entity entity, BlockPos pos)

at Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityBehaviorControlledPhysics.DisplaceWithBlockCollision(EntityPos pos, EntityControls controls, Single dt)

at Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityBehaviorControlledPhysics.TickEntityPhysics(EntityPos pos, EntityControls controls, Single dt)

at Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityBehaviorControlledPhysics.TickEntityPhysicsPre(Entity entity, Single dt)

at Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityBehaviorControlledPhysics.onPhysicsTick(Single deltaTime)

at Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityBehaviorControlledPhysics.OnGameTick(Single deltaTime)

at Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity.OnGameTick(Single dt)

at Vintagestory.API.Common.EntityAgent.OnGameTick(Single dt)

at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemEntitySimulation.TickEntities(Single dt)

at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemEntitySimulation.OnServerTick(Single dt)

at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.Process()

Not sure which mod causes this, so i am posting this just in case its xskills.

It seems like the only line affected by mods is: "at Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity.ReceiveDamage_Patch1(Entity this, DamageSource damageSource, Single damage)". 
And i don't think that xskills patches the Entity class at any point.  So i don't think that this is caused by xskills.

On 7/2/2022 at 6:47 PM, Digitalr said:

Bug report: If you have space only in "strongback" inventory, then client crashes, when you buy items from trader. Paid rusty gears are lost.

Hi. I have tried this and the items were put into the strong back inventory. Can you reproduce this or send a crash report?

Yes, i can stable reproduce this on multiplayer server, when have only one free cell in strongback inventory (lvl2).

Unfortunately, it seems like server side issue, so, i have no records in client log.

Client VS version are 1.16.5, Xlib/xskills are 0.6.9

So a couple things:

A. Is there a typo in the Vampire Skill description? teh level 1 says you heal 2% of the damge delt but lowers regeneratio nin sunlight up to 4%, but level two says it lowers Regeneration by 80%.
B. How exactly does the Smelter Skill work? After getting the level 1 of it i tried filling a couple of ingot molds with 90 units of metal but they still took 100.

50 minutes ago, Brent Strickland said:

So a couple things:

A. Is there a typo in the Vampire Skill description? teh level 1 says you heal 2% of the damge delt but lowers regeneratio nin sunlight up to 4%, but level two says it lowers Regeneration by 80%.
B. How exactly does the Smelter Skill work? After getting the level 1 of it i tried filling a couple of ingot molds with 90 units of metal but they still took 100.

A: I think this is a configuration error. You can edit/delete the combat configuration file or use the command "skill reset config combat" to delete it. It will create a new config file and will fix itself the next time you load a world.

B: The smelter ability does not work for ingots. It would  create infinite metal loops. You would be able to smelt an ingot and get more material than one ingot costs.

Found small exploit.

How to disassemble locust without corresponding skill:

1) Kill locust(s);

2) Kill drifter close to dead locust(s);

3) Start harvest from drifter, and quickly move crosshair to dead locust body. Do not release button!.

4) Congratulations - you gather metal bits from locust.

Edited by Digitalr
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another bug with strong back inventory (may be linked with crash, i mention before) :

When i move tool, with durability not at 100%, next item, put in this slot, have durability indicator from moved item.

On the picture: i move scissors one slot left. They start show full durability, but polished rock, autopicked from ground have durability bar "from scissors".

bug.png

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

The client-debug.txt file is full of warnings about missing lang keys that start with xskills.

23.8.2022 08:29:18.195 [VerboseDebug] Lang key not found: xskills:skill-survival
23.8.2022 08:29:18.195 [VerboseDebug] Lang key not found: xskills:group-survival
23.8.2022 08:29:18.195 [VerboseDebug] Lang key not found: xskills:ability-longlife
23.8.2022 08:29:18.195 [VerboseDebug] Lang key not found: xskills:ability-hugestomach
23.8.2022 08:29:18.195 [VerboseDebug] Lang key not found: xskills:ability-wellrested
23.8.2022 08:29:18.195 [VerboseDebug] Lang key not found: xskills:ability-nudist
23.8.2022 08:29:18.195 [VerboseDebug] Lang key not found: xskills:ability-meatshield

44 minutes ago, Kyle Stemen said:

The client-debug.txt file is full of warnings about missing lang keys that start with xskills.

23.8.2022 08:29:18.195 [VerboseDebug] Lang key not found: xskills:skill-survival
23.8.2022 08:29:18.195 [VerboseDebug] Lang key not found: xskills:group-survival
23.8.2022 08:29:18.195 [VerboseDebug] Lang key not found: xskills:ability-longlife
23.8.2022 08:29:18.195 [VerboseDebug] Lang key not found: xskills:ability-hugestomach
23.8.2022 08:29:18.195 [VerboseDebug] Lang key not found: xskills:ability-wellrested
23.8.2022 08:29:18.195 [VerboseDebug] Lang key not found: xskills:ability-nudist
23.8.2022 08:29:18.195 [VerboseDebug] Lang key not found: xskills:ability-meatshield

It is weird that it seems to load the xlib strings but not the xskills ones.
What language are you playing the game in? 

> It is weird that it seems to load the xlib strings but not the xskills ones.

I just posted part of the log. I attached my entire client-debug.txt this time.

> What language are you playing the game in? 

English.

[kyle@mihoshi ~]$ locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

I narrowed down the problem. It does not reproduce in single player. These are the repro steps for multiplayer.

1. Start the server if it is not running already.

2. Start the client.

3. Connect to the server.

4. Press 'o'. The dialog is missing the description strings.

5. Disconnect from the server.

6. Without restarting the client, reconnect to the server.

7. Press 'o'. The dialog is correct this time. The dialog stays correct until the client is restarted. The attached client-debug.txt has the logs for 2 connects from the same client run.

client-debug.txt

• Thanks 1

On 8/23/2022 at 9:34 PM, Kyle Stemen said:

> It is weird that it seems to load the xlib strings but not the xskills ones.

I just posted part of the log. I attached my entire client-debug.txt this time.

> What language are you playing the game in? 

English.

[kyle@mihoshi ~]$ locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

I narrowed down the problem. It does not reproduce in single player. These are the repro steps for multiplayer.

1. Start the server if it is not running already.

2. Start the client.

3. Connect to the server.

4. Press 'o'. The dialog is missing the description strings.

5. Disconnect from the server.

6. Without restarting the client, reconnect to the server.

7. Press 'o'. The dialog is correct this time. The dialog stays correct until the client is restarted. The attached client-debug.txt has the logs for 2 connects from the same client run.

client-debug.txt 117.59 kB · 2 downloads

Ok. I was able to reproduce this. Now I try to figure out why this happens.

On 8/23/2022 at 10:07 PM, nebux said:

with the adition of underwater breathing would be possible to add a skill to lenghten the underwater breathing time

It probably is possible but i don't want to add new features at the moment. Priority at the moment is to get existing things running for 1.17.

On 8/27/2022 at 10:34 PM, GamerRaven81 said:

Is anyone else having issues with unlearn points in 1.16.5? We can't seem to gain unlearn points for drinking wines.

For me it seems to work. Maybe you have another mod that causes a conflict? Or you use modded wine that doesn't work. Do you have the tooltip that you get a point if you drink the wine?

On 8/29/2022 at 6:43 AM, Xandu said:

For me it seems to work. Maybe you have another mod that causes a conflict? Or you use modded wine that doesn't work. Do you have the tooltip that you get a point if you drink the wine?

The wine I am trying it with is the red currant wine, and it does say I'll gain an unlearn point for drinking it, but I don't. I've tried it taking one sip, drinking a full bottle, and drinking multiple bottles, and still nothing.

Edited by GamerRaven81

13 hours ago, Estel_88 said:

i feel like an idiot, but a guide on how to use the cage from the catcher skill would be much appreciated...

There should be a tooltip when you have selected a cage in  your hotbar. But you can only use the cage when you have the ability and it only works on small animals like babies or hares. With the cage in your hand you can use right click on an animal to capture it. With another right click you can release the animal. Use SHIFT + right click to place a cage with an animal inside on the ground.

On 8/31/2022 at 8:36 AM, GamerRaven81 said:

The wine I am trying it with is the red currant wine, and it does say I'll gain an unlearn point for drinking it, but I don't. I've tried it taking one sip, drinking a full bottle, and drinking multiple bottles, and still nothing.

Is a bottle a liquid container from a mod? Maybe this is the reason why it does not work. Have you tried drinking a full base game bowl?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.