XLib and XSkills

Xandu

I noticed that breaking pumpkins does not increase Farming experience, which seems to be resonable, because you probably are not able to distinguish breaking grown pumpkins on a field and breaking manualy placed pumpkins. However you could receive some farming exp for breaking the vines, what do you think?

Edited by Sps

2 hours ago, Sps said:

I noticed that breaking pumpkins does not increase Farming experience, which seems to be resonable, because you probably are not able to distinguish breaking grown pumpkins on a field and breaking manualy placed pumpkins. However you could receive some farming exp for breaking the vines, what do you think?

Done. You will get farming experience from breaking vines with the next update.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Solace said:

We're not receiving experience on the server. Is there a specific way the mod should be configured?

Hi @Solace. Normally you just put the packed .zip files into your mod folders on the client and server side. You need to install both mods. Than you should be able to open the user interface and the mod should work.You should gain experience from breaking blocks like wood or dirt.  If it still don't work please tell me if you have any other mod installed or have changed the mod configuration or so.

1 hour ago, EtherialMind said:

just tested this mod on the 1.14.0-pre3 and it causes a crash. No rush on a new version or fix just wait until the stable RC if you are so inclined I just wanted you to know the results of my test.

Thank you for reporting this issue.  I am currently working on a big update for the mod. I hope it will be ready with the 1.14 game update.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what is wrong, but I have been playing for 2 days with your mod and several other, but I am not seeing any xp increases in any skill. I have both zip files for 1.13.4 in the mods folder, and they are enabled in the mod menu.

I am including the debug and client files, so you can see if there is something wrong on my end, or with a mod interaction.

client-debug.txt client-main.txt

Edited by Raul Beltran
Forgot to upload files

On 11/9/2020 at 12:13 PM, Raul Beltran said:

Not sure what is wrong, but I have been playing for 2 days with your mod and several other, but I am not seeing any xp increases in any skill. I have both zip files for 1.13.4 in the mods folder, and they are enabled in the mod menu.

I am including the debug and client files, so you can see if there is something wrong on my end, or with a mod interaction.

client-debug.txt 93.76 kB · 0 downloads client-main.txt 40.52 kB · 0 downloads

@Raul Beltran, can you please provide me the server-event.txt, server-main.txt and the server-debug.txt log files? In most cases these are more relevant.

-Which other mods are you using?

-Can you open the gui and can you see any skills or abilities there? Just to check if the mod is loaded properly.

2 hours ago, Digitalr said:

Some players are reporting about significant FPS drops, when skill time counter are visible on screen. What can i do to fix this issue?

@Digitalr you can try to force it to stay hidden('L' key by default.). And i will try to find the issue and fix it.

Edited by Xandu

2 hours ago, Xandu said:

@Raul Beltran, can you please provide me the server-event.txt, server-main.txt and the server-debug.txt log files? In most cases these are more relevant.

-Which other mods are you using?

-Can you open the gui and can you see any skills or abilities there? Just to check if the mod is loaded properly.

I can see the gui just fine, I can even give myself levels and experience, but they don't do anything even when I do increase them manually. I am having an issue where some mods aren't working for me. THe ones that seem to work so far are Simple HUD Clock, Karmatose's Variants, Prinzips Simple Themepack, Temporal Tinkerer,  Primitive Survival, Extra Chests, Vies Storage, More Variants, and the GraveMod.

Other than yours, these are all the other mods I am trying to use:

Spoiler

Karmas Variants

Bushmeat Meals

Simple HUD Clock

Karmatose's Variants

GraveMod, Better Drifters/ Increased Danger and Loot

Fix Roads

WorkBench Expansion

[1.13-1.14] QOL Tweaks- Better Archery, Backpacks, Poultice, Faster Barrel, Full-Drop

Prinzips Simple Themepack

[1.13.4+] Extra Chests

Starter-Pack Mod <-- This one worked the first time I put it in, then it stopped working.

[VS 1.12.14] Vies Storage v0.1.0

Armor Overhaul Patch

CarryCapacity 0.4.11<-- Dev on this one said she saw nothing wrong in the logs.

Capture Animals v1.1.1

More Variants v1.1.6

More Recipes v1.3.2

[V1.13.+] Lazy Warlock's Tweaks (seasons update)

[V1.12, V1.13+] ProspectorInfo

[1.12.14, 1.13.4] Necessaries - many things to make your survival experience better!

Bushmeat Meals v1.0.6

Primitive Survival (2.0.0)

[1.13-1.14] Temporal Tinkerer. Temporal-Tools Update!

Appreciate the help, hopefully you've got better news for me :)

server-debug.txt server-event.txt server-main.txt

I thought I updated this yesterday, but I found the issue. It was the mod Armor Rework, which hasn't been updated since April, so guessing it wasn't meant for 1.13 and was causing several mods to break. Everything is working great now, thank you for the awesome mod :)

Edited by Raul Beltran

2 hours ago, Raul Beltran said:

I thought I updated this yesterday, but I found the issue. It was the mod Armor Rework, which hasn't been updated since April, so guessing it wasn't meant for 1.13 and was causing several mods to break. Everything is working great now, thank you for the awesome mod :)

Great. Thank you for your update. :) 

Have strange issue with Pickaxe Expert ability. Or, may be i just understand it wrong.

Adopting skill tree to our server i make some changes to pickaxe expert ability. ATM it looks like:

"Breaking a block with a pickaxe increases your mining speed with pickaxes by 4% and additional 0.4% for each level at the mining skill. Maxed out at 6%. This effect stacks up to 10 times and last 6 seconds."

Corresponding fragment of config values: 

I expect significant (up to 60%) speed boost, but... with Miner skill lvl 5, full-stacked ability allow break blocks instantly, without any delays. Additionaly, there is no difference - ore, stone, even soil - all breaks too fast.

Is there are wrong behavior (IMHO, fast digging soil with pickaxe is little weird), or i just overtweaked because not understand how final result calculated?

UPD: After server restart, cannot reproduce issue. May be some speed variable not resetting, or, may be, this is result of combo miner+temporal skills (but i dont modify temporal abilities).

Unfortunately i dont set marker on map, so, cannot return to exact place when issue occurs.

6 hours ago, Digitalr said:

UPD: After server restart, cannot reproduce issue. May be some speed variable not resetting, or, may be, this is result of combo miner+temporal skills (but i dont modify temporal abilities).

Unfortunately i dont set marker on map, so, cannot return to exact place when issue occurs.

Hi, thank you for your update. 

I have looked into this and couldn't reproduce it either. And i was very confused about the soil part cause this shouldn't happen at all. I think you are right. I think a variable was not properly reset. This was also my best guess. I changed a few things for a future update and hope that this can not occur anymore but i have to observe this.

• Xandu changed the title to XLib and XSkills

Hi,

i uploaded a Preview Version of Version 0.4 because some of you wanted to have a version that works with the current game version. This one is a huge update and i have not enough time to test everything as i would like. Especially because i still want to develop some things for the new skills. So if you want to use this update i recommend to backup your world and your skill sets. You can find them in the same folder as the save games. As always if you find any bug please report them so i can fix it.

And here are the patch notes:

Spoiler

GUI: 
    -requirements in the ability tooltip are now colored (green if fulfilled, red otherwise)
    -abilities can now be hidden in the gui if they are disabled or requirements are not met
    -added skill groups to provide a better overview of the skills

API:
    -abilities and skills can now be disabled
        -if a skill is disabled all of its abilities are disabled
        -disabled abilities are not shown in the gui
        -you can not receive experience for disabled skills
    -the mod now only saves data for learned abilities and skills which can reduce the size of files
    -config files: renamed UnlearnReadyTime to UnlearnCooldown. Because it is now the time the player has to wait.
    -The unlearn cooldown now reference to real life seconds instead of ingame hours.
    -The cooldown config is in real life minutes.
    -removed compatibility with old versions of the mod(0.2+ or older)
        -Added a new requirement: limitations
        -you can only learn a specific number of abilities from a set of limited abilities
        -professions are now part of a set of limited abilities instead of mutually exclusive to each other
        -the default limitation value for professions is 1. You can change this value in the mod configuration file.
    -Added Or, And, Not requirements
    -Added class requirment

Skills:
    -You can now configure whether combat abilities affect PvP in the combat settings.
    -Moved the mining geologist blacklist config to the other mining configurations
    -Meteorites are now handled as ores

-Added tool durability abilities for digging, forestry and mining skills
    -Added looter ability to combat
    -Added resin extractor ability to forestry
    -Added saltpeter digger ability
    -Added new skills: metalworking with 10 abilities, pottery with 8 abilities, cooking with 6 abilities, survival
    -Added photosynthesis ability to survival
    -Added all-rounder ability to survival
    -moved huge stomach from farming to survival
    -moved long life from combat to survival

-The vampire ability now reduces life regeneration in the sunlight.

-reduced the amount of metal ingots you receive from smelting some things(e.g plates) to prevent infinite metal loops
    -you will get farming experience from breaking pumpkin vines
    -internal changes(tidied up some code)
    -fixed a few typing errors
    -probably added new ones
    -probably missed some changes

12 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

How does this interact with the class system that's about to come out?

At the moment this are two different systems that exist parallel. The class system gives you a few small buffs and debuffs for your character. While this mod is more a of a progression system where you will get better over time. I am already playing around a little with the new systems and want to add class specific abilities later. But first i wanted to know how the whole class system would turn out.

• Like 2

Have to report a crash that happens when trying to form clay and harvest mushrooms. Maybe with other actions as well?

Spoiler

Running on 64 bit Windows with 16 GB RAM
Version: v1.14.0-rc.8 (Unstable)12/3/2020 6:35:03 PM: Critical error occurred
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Vintagestory.API.Common.IWorldAccessor.SpawnItemEntity(Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemStack, Vintagestory.API.MathTools.Vec3d, Vintagestory.API.MathTools.Vec3d)'.
   at XSkills.BlockEntityClayFormPatch.Postfix(BlockEntityClayForm __instance, ClayFormCheckIfFinishedState __state, IPlayer byPlayer, ItemStack ___workItemStack)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityClayForm.CheckIfFinished_Patch2(BlockEntityClayForm this, IPlayer byPlayer)
   at XSkills.BlockEntityClayFormPatch.Prefix(BlockEntityClayForm __instance, IPlayer byPlayer, Vec3i voxelPos, BlockFacing facing, Boolean mouseBreakMode, ClayFormRenderer ___workitemRenderer, ItemStack& ___workItemStack, Cuboidf[]& ___selectionBoxes)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityClayForm.OnUseOver_Patch1(BlockEntityClayForm this, IPlayer byPlayer, Vec3i voxelPos, BlockFacing facing, Boolean mouseBreakMode)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.ItemClay.OnHeldAttackStop(Single secondsPassed, ItemSlot slot, EntityAgent byEntity, BlockSelection blockSel, EntitySelection entitySel)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.HandleHandInteraction(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Common.EventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainRenderLoop(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainGameLoop(Single deltaTime)
   at _iE8w1nWXWoexop2PomTqIorDdeh._nla3rTinhsYYAeN5vB5ZpLjGvWD(Single )
   at _0wwvd4G0QKRz5FGzHYNKAGy1Plh._5BSMOXq0dPuTIbIiOq1h2Za6HXc(Single )
   at _0wwvd4G0QKRz5FGzHYNKAGy1Plh._XIemDCC9qP2V8jHzQEFatD2hXFb(Single )
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   at _KytgzCShxx4DByBBOOJQhG6NP0M._dFeABDJFRNPJZo5BulTiD0DEVSN(_BVCrdgabutbgoyw3PekGVC8ZSir , String[] )
   at _pRnbwwygekodMKKWfTv8JpxlnC1._dFeABDJFRNPJZo5BulTiD0DEVSN(ThreadStart )
-------------------------------

Event Log, last 3 entries
==================================
{ TimeGenerated = 11/30/2020 10:34:05 PM, Site = , Source = .NET Runtime, Message = Application: Vintagestory.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0020001, exception address 00007FFA970F3B29
Stack:
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Functions.DefWindowProc(IntPtr, OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Functions.DefWindowProc(IntPtr, OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.WindowProcedure(IntPtr, OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at System.Environment._Exit(Int32)
   at System.Environment.Exit(Int32)
   at System.EventHandler`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Invoke(System.Object, System.__Canon)
   at OpenTK.NativeWindow.OnClosedInternal(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
   at System.EventHandler`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Invoke(System.Object, System.__Canon)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.HandleDestroy(IntPtr, OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.WindowProcedure(IntPtr, OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Functions.DestroyWindow(IntPtr)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.DestroyWindow()
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Functions.PeekMessage(OpenTK.Platform.Windows.MSG ByRef, IntPtr, Int32, Int32, OpenTK.Platform.Windows.PeekMessageFlags)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Functions.PeekMessage(OpenTK.Platform.Windows.MSG ByRef, IntPtr, Int32, Int32, OpenTK.Platform.Windows.PeekMessageFlags)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.ProcessEvents()
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double, Double)
   at _DzkSwfZz37AjUm00qhARtnwI73g._yunzmXLCuvTdwfdcFUsKJcJPiYA(_G1AUKHwb6F5PJrCptFbr8q2WXFO, System.String[])
   at _6a8KuVcvYASivDyJOxvyyBso5rh._yunzmXLCuvTdwfdcFUsKJcJPiYA(System.Threading.ThreadStart)
   at _DzkSwfZz37AjUm00qhARtnwI73g._Ufxdd7RsA3xwEaedGWOrS2kzesx(System.String[])
 }
{ TimeGenerated = 11/30/2020 6:28:29 PM, Site = , Source = .NET Runtime, Message = Application: Vintagestory.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0020001, exception address 00007FFA970F3B29
Stack:
   at System.Environment.Exit(Int32)
   at OpenTK.NativeWindow.OnClosedInternal(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.HandleDestroy(IntPtr, OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.DestroyWindow()
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.ProcessEvents()
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double, Double)
   at _yrd7DRHjYt2aJYRh5SVKTWbLoPF._Sp8vmWBaO75ppWCciv7GQiQG5pO(_vP7Jnrc614sHmVvfHnkDt3mmV1L, System.String[])
   at _NZnJc0jadrs2ul5ZN7k8egsplnC._Sp8vmWBaO75ppWCciv7GQiQG5pO(System.Threading.ThreadStart)
   at _yrd7DRHjYt2aJYRh5SVKTWbLoPF._8Bz8mbPWgcGTWYC1HlYUnI8oMzf(System.String[])
 }

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.