XLib and XSkills

Xandu

48 minutes ago, Xandu said:

Thank you for your report. But can you give me some more information? How this actually happened? Cause i don't know where this could crash.

It was while casting bronz tools usung the skill that makes you use less metal when casting. when the casting was finished the crucable said 0 units in ist but was still blowing and acting lice it has metal in it. when trying to place it it made ghost images of itself and when the gostimages were broken they disappeared and dindt drop itself. at the same time the crucable couldent be moved from the slot in the inventory. at this time server went into infinite loop and needed to be restarted.

Hope this helps

7 hours ago, Tarquinius753 said:

It was while casting bronz tools usung the skill that makes you use less metal when casting. when the casting was finished the crucable said 0 units in ist but was still blowing and acting lice it has metal in it. when trying to place it it made ghost images of itself and when the gostimages were broken they disappeared and dindt drop itself. at the same time the crucable couldent be moved from the slot in the inventory. at this time server went into infinite loop and needed to be restarted.

Hope this helps

Yeah this is helpful. This seems to be a server client disagreement. But i can't reproduce it. So does this happen more often or was this just a one time thing? Do you have any other mod that maybe does something with the crucibles?

7 hours ago, Xandu said:

Yeah this is helpful. This seems to be a server client disagreement. But i can't reproduce it. So does this happen more often or was this just a one time thing? Do you have any other mod that maybe does something with the crucibles?

Until now that happened once. We dont have other mods that do anything with the crucible. we just wantet to let you know to help you keep the mod running at its best.

We really love what your mog briings to the game. The vanilla game is really missing a skill system. Thank you for your work!

1 hour ago, Tarquinius753 said:

Until now that happened once. We dont have other mods that do anything with the crucible. we just wantet to let you know to help you keep the mod running at its best.

We really love what your mog briings to the game. The vanilla game is really missing a skill system. Thank you for your work!

Thank you for your appreciation. My best guess what happened is that the player disconnected from the server while the tool casting. Which caused the weird behavior on the players client side and the server still tried to cast the tool with the non existing player entity which caused the server crash. I didn´t know that  this could happen. I will add some lines to prevent that this could happen again.

On 12/18/2020 at 6:39 AM, dedok13x said:

Seems like mod (but i have slight suspicious that root of problem is game itself) break any recipe that requires mushroom. Can't create soup with water+mushroom or redmeat+redmeat+mushroom, for example, while for vanilla game its a valid recipes.

This does appear to be a bug on our end as well. We (my fiancé and I) had no issues using mushrooms as an ingredient without the mod.

4 hours ago, Grimscythe said:

This does appear to be a bug on our end as well. We (my fiancé and I) had no issues using mushrooms as an ingredient without the mod.

I will upload an update with a fix for this and a few other changes in the next days (hopefully tomorrow).

• Like 1
  • Amazing! 1

1 hour ago, Digitalr said:

It seems, there is a bug with "Mixed clay" ability - it cannot be taken. Skillpoint returned and ability rank resets when GUI closed.

Hi, This only happens when there is a disagreement between server and client whether you can learn the ability. The server seems to have other conditions for the ability than the client. I noticed that sometimes requirement are not loaded properly from json files. I don`t know why this happens. I´m investigate it at the moment. I think this causes the issue.

It seems to be very random. And when i try to observe it it always works. But when i look slightly in an other direction it breaks again. Its like an electron.

Edited by Xandu

Hi, i uploaded version 0.4.2.

API:
    -ensures now that on ability tier change functions are called when a new player joins a game even if the ability tier is 0
    -is required to ensure data integrity in some cases
    -the mod has now a specific load order(0.075) to ensure that json files are loaded before the mod starts

Changes:
    -added a recipe to craft blister steel out of steel bits
    -added cultivated seeds ability to farmer skill
    -added scout and on the road abilities to survival skill
    -migrated more hard coded requirements to json files, so they are easier to customize
    -reworked the beemaster ability: you can now harvest bee hives with right click and do not need to break them
    -added a expMult stat to the player stats which can be used to increase the experience gain for all skills
    -you can set the base value of the expMult stat in the xleveling config file

Balance:
    -geologist now requires the miner ability
    -beekeeper ability tier 3 now requires farmer ability tier 1
    -strong back ability now requires a specific level in the metalworking skill or mining skill
        -IMPORTANT: This can you cause to lose the ability or decreases its tier. The items in the inventory should be placed in your default character inventory or are dropped into the world.

Fixed:
    -you can now cook mushrooms again(they are marked as items in the vanilla cooking recipe while actually being blocks what caused problems)
    -hopefully fixed a crash that can occur when a player casts tools (and i think disconnected from the server)
    -changed how the strong back ability loads its inventory to prevent an edge case where you could have the inventory slots without having the ability (hopefully it just works from now)
    -fixed: non-persistent effect stat modifier could become persistent after loading (seems to be a vanilla bug or maybe it is intentional, anyways it acts weird)
    -Is anybody actually reading this?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Xandu said:

Hi, i uploaded version 0.4.2.

API:
    -ensures now that on ability tier change functions are called when a new player joins a game even if the ability tier is 0
    -is required to ensure data integrity in some cases
    -the mod has now a specific load order(0.075) to ensure that json files are loaded before the mod starts

Changes:
    -added a recipe to craft blister steel out of steel bits
    -added cultivated seeds ability to farmer skill
    -added scout and on the road abilities to survival skill
    -migrated more hard coded requirements to json files, so they are easier to customize
    -reworked the beemaster ability: you can now harvest bee hives with right click and do not need to break them
    -added a expMult stat to the player stats which can be used to increase the experience gain for all skills
    -you can set the base value of the expMult stat in the xleveling config file

Balance:
    -geologist now requires the miner ability
    -beekeeper ability tier 3 now requires farmer ability tier 1
    -strong back ability now requires a specific level in the metalworking skill or mining skill
        -IMPORTANT: This can you cause to lose the ability or decreases its tier. The items in the inventory should be placed in your default character inventory or are dropped into the world.

Fixed:
    -you can now cook mushrooms again(they are marked as items in the vanilla cooking recipe while actually being blocks what caused problems)
    -hopefully fixed a crash that can occur when a player casts tools (and i think disconnected from the server)
    -changed how the strong back ability loads its inventory to prevent an edge case where you could have the inventory slots without having the ability (hopefully it just works from now)
    -fixed: non-persistent effect stat modifier could become persistent after loading (seems to be a vanilla bug or maybe it is intentional, anyways it acts weird)
    -Is anybody actually reading this?

Yes we are reading it. And many player have noticed that they get big frame spikes when smithing as soon as they have a metalworking skill. We have no idea how that happens but since we only noticed it after lerning a smithing skill we assume there is someting that the mod does (perhaps additional calculations).

Thank you for the update.

3 minutes ago, Tarquinius753 said:

Yes we are reading it. And many player have noticed that they get big frame spikes when smithing as soon as they have a metalworking skill. We have no idea how that happens but since we only noticed it after lerning a smithing skill we assume there is someting that the mod does (perhaps additional calculations).

Ok. Then i continue to post more detailed patch notes.

Does this happen with a specific ability or in general with every smithing ability?

How do you smelt metal bits down into ingots again, particularly steel. I got the skill that gives me bits for the parts I take off of metal when smithing, but I mainly work steel, so I'd like to smelt that back down, but don't know how to. I tried putting them in the bloomery, but it doesn't work. Can we smelt down steel bits yet?

Just noticed the mod was updated with a recipe for blister steel out of steel bits, which is super nice! I still do have an issue though. sometimes when I'm done smithing, it seems like the bits pop towards me, but they fade through the floor below me when they land, so I can't get them.

Edited by Noah Crouse

14 hours ago, Noah Crouse said:

How do you smelt metal bits down into ingots again, particularly steel. I got the skill that gives me bits for the parts I take off of metal when smithing, but I mainly work steel, so I'd like to smelt that back down, but don't know how to. I tried putting them in the bloomery, but it doesn't work. Can we smelt down steel bits yet?

Just noticed the mod was updated with a recipe for blister steel out of steel bits, which is super nice! I still do have an issue though. sometimes when I'm done smithing, it seems like the bits pop towards me, but they fade through the floor below me when they land, so I can't get them.

Usually you should get them in your inventory. Sometimes the items act just a little bit weird. I try to adjust the item spawn point a little bit and see whether this helps. 

27 minutes ago, Brent Strickland said:

i have a question: Do you only get Metalworking Experiance from filling casts? because i have not gotten any from smithing anything out of ingots.

You should also get experience from working items on an anvil. Do you have an other mod that does things with the working on anvils?

On 12/22/2020 at 2:04 PM, Tarquinius753 said:

My investigation on this issues shows that this also happens in vanilla. It is only slightly less there. The weird thing is that it seems to depend on how often you rotate your item. In the standard position you have no lag spikes at all(at least for me). And you have the most lag if you rotate it 3 times.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brent Strickland said:

i have Metal Recovery since i used it since 1.12 and recently remembered to get xskills for 1.14 as well.

Unfortunately metal recovery and the metalworking skill are not compatible with each other. Because both mods altering some of the vanilla anvil functions.

Me and my friend consistently get a crash when we play together with this mod installed and certain conditions are met. we tested it a lot and this crash only occurs when one of us has the Metalworking ability 'Machine Learning' and places an ingot or iron bloom on an anvil with a helve hammer hitting it. It works perfectly fine in SP but it instantly crashes as soon as one of us places an ingot on an anvil with a helve hammer while we have the Machine Learning ability, however it only crashes for the person that didn't place the ingot or bloom on the anvil. here is the crash log from my end: 

Version: v1.14.2 (Stable)12/27/2020 1:45:11 AM: Critical error occurred
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at XSkills.XSkillsBlockEntityAnvil.CheckIfFinished(IPlayer byPlayer)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityAnvil.OnHelveHammerHit()
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.Mechanics.BEHelveHammer.get_Angle()
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.HelveHammerRenderer.OnRenderFrame(Single deltaTime, EnumRenderStage stage)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainRenderLoop(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainGameLoop(Single deltaTime)
   at _uWwiuXC8cGTH1JnsWiUY9FUaXOo._0WtXQJqGAidcdKMfPHF0OxDIauE(Single )
   at _ydpin5JFjepNgd3JOZRb2z5I5Fg._LvRZFcsDWyPwKLB1F2UK7fQ2N6d(Single )
   at _ydpin5JFjepNgd3JOZRb2z5I5Fg._GO2qaUrk9dl0IceTLiA7P4LcpAB(Single )
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   at _Ine8FeGTtDXciSIfaZMHMwCLKGBA._8puLW8J44fiq3A5hthQTfB8WNxc(_SbVlAI6dJIZ4JRt0da0lu23DF14 , String[] )
   at _lErb0L2e9E9htuT2VVnAsXIZqc7A._8puLW8J44fiq3A5hthQTfB8WNxc(ThreadStart )
-------------------------------

and here is the crash Log from my friend (I'm aware they are practically identical).

Running on 64 bit Windows with 32 GB RAM 
Version: v1.14.2 (Stable)12/27/2020 2:06:27 AM: Critical error occurred
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at XSkills.XSkillsBlockEntityAnvil.CheckIfFinished(IPlayer byPlayer)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityAnvil.OnHelveHammerHit()
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.Mechanics.BEHelveHammer.get_Angle()
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.HelveHammerRenderer.OnRenderFrame(Single deltaTime, EnumRenderStage stage)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainRenderLoop(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainGameLoop(Single deltaTime)
   at _uWwiuXC8cGTH1JnsWiUY9FUaXOo._0WtXQJqGAidcdKMfPHF0OxDIauE(Single )
   at _ydpin5JFjepNgd3JOZRb2z5I5Fg._LvRZFcsDWyPwKLB1F2UK7fQ2N6d(Single )
   at _ydpin5JFjepNgd3JOZRb2z5I5Fg._GO2qaUrk9dl0IceTLiA7P4LcpAB(Single )
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   at _Ine8FeGTtDXciSIfaZMHMwCLKGBA._8puLW8J44fiq3A5hthQTfB8WNxc(_SbVlAI6dJIZ4JRt0da0lu23DF14 , String[] )
   at _lErb0L2e9E9htuT2VVnAsXIZqc7A._8puLW8J44fiq3A5hthQTfB8WNxc(ThreadStart )
-------------------------------

Edited by Jordan Fetzer

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.