Jump to content

XLib and XSkills


Xandu

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Mourning_Dove said:

Not that I know of. I don't know if this could be something related to killing someone who has extra item slots and not having that perk?

Do you have any other mods that modify the player inventory?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have the larger stacks mod, could it be something with that? I could try and test weird inventory stuff in single player. In single player it seems to be fine with any weird numbers of items and if I remove the backpack ability. I can access the server on my alt so it is something related to xskills and the server. I also had my server playerdata deleted and it didn't work. I then uninstalled and reinstalled vintage story and my mods but still did not work on my main so the issue is probably in the world file or wherever server side xskills data is stored. Then I tried manually giving myself the backpack related perks and even deleting my data in the xskills world data folder but it did not work. Any idea where xskills holds inventory data?

Edit: I may have figured it out I will post some troubleshooting results if I can fix it and maybe figure out what caused it

Edited by Mourning_Dove
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Mourning_Dove said:

I have the larger stacks mod, could it be something with that? I could try and test weird inventory stuff in single player. In single player it seems to be fine with any weird numbers of items and if I remove the backpack ability. I can access the server on my alt so it is something related to xskills and the server. I also had my server playerdata deleted and it didn't work. I then uninstalled and reinstalled vintage story and my mods but still did not work on my main so the issue is probably in the world file or wherever server side xskills data is stored. Then I tried manually giving myself the backpack related perks and even deleting my data in the xskills world data folder but it did not work. Any idea where xskills holds inventory data?

Edit: I may have figured it out I will post some troubleshooting results if I can fix it and maybe figure out what caused it

Xskils does not save any inventory data. The inventories are managed by the base game. I made a few changes to the source code that should prvent such a crash in the future. But i cannot upload a new version at the moment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Russia said:

Just curious, the shovel knight skill cites 'a massive amount of damage', how much damage does it deal on proc exactly?

I think it is something like 30 times more damage. So the exact amount depends on the damage of the shovel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply Xandu! Do you know if that's solely the base damage of the shovel, or is it influenced by the tool master skill/stable warrior/blackguard bonus-- and if so, would those bonuses apply before or after the initial multiplier?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Russia said:

Thanks for the reply Xandu! Do you know if that's solely the base damage of the shovel, or is it influenced by the tool master skill/stable warrior/blackguard bonus-- and if so, would those bonuses apply before or after the initial multiplier?

It should consider all multipliers. The order shouldn't really matter, because the overall formula is something like: total damage = base value * first multiplier * second multiplier * .... Well, of couse it is a little bit more complicated than that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello, we also have the mod on our server. But we have one problem, how can you avoid unlearning a profession. It means you have to craft certain things that you get lost skills but we can't find anything in the manual what it should be. Could you please tell us what we have to do.

Sorry for my Schletes English I translate online.

Greetings Frank

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Frank Wehrmann said:

Hello, we also have the mod on our server. But we have one problem, how can you avoid unlearning a profession. It means you have to craft certain things that you get lost skills but we can't find anything in the manual what it should be. Could you please tell us what we have to do.

Sorry for my Schletes English I translate online.

Greetings Frank

Hi, du kannst in Fässern Met aus Honig herstellen, welches du zum Verlernen von Fähigkeiten benutzen kannst.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pies don't show quality unless placed on a counter; in inventory, in hand or in containers, you can't see it.

Silly idea : replace Nudism with Caveman, which allows only primitive armor. Or add a new ability which allows nudists to use caveman armors.

 

Edited by Hexedian
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Grant Donahue said:

There's an issue with Rancher, I think. I've taken the first level of it, and now crash, or get DC/d from the server when I harvest from an henbox now. 

Do you have a crash report?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Xandu said:

Do you have a crash report?

Spoiler

Running on 64 bit Windows with 32 GB RAM 
Version: v1.15.6 (Stable)10/10/2021 4:10:21 AM: Critical error occurred
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at XSkills.BehaviorCollectFromPatch.Prefix(BehaviorCollectFrom __instance, IWorldAccessor world, IPlayer byPlayer, BlockSelection blockSel)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BehaviorCollectFrom.OnBlockInteractStart_Patch1(BehaviorCollectFrom this, IWorldAccessor world, IPlayer byPlayer, BlockSelection blockSel, EnumHandling& handling)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Block.OnBlockInteractStart(IWorldAccessor world, IPlayer byPlayer, BlockSelection blockSel)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.TryBeginUseBlock(Block selectedBlock, BlockSelection blockSelection)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.HandleMouseInteractionsBlockSelected(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.OnFinalizeFrame(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt)
   at _nUTCCwkT1CsTiy64OnOpdL40c6I._ClADUnYQHrAMqPUj22yJuSx9iUh(Single )
   at _8ECD8nssQiL9uSD9vAFETn80rqE._YxuqUIHpNderNcZTb6YFhogmWOS(Single )
   at _8ECD8nssQiL9uSD9vAFETn80rqE._7qo1BKsjBXLbbifnICE8jHmvIH9(Single )
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   at _AP7WmUsyUYdtMlYkY1BnRzdg2ff._hdLzsTvaMxWzkcSVpoYJjLUlwAJ(_JsdNdoNt0XlKjq0tdupAM4oO6wn , String[] )
   at _0VK7uR5tb5rsnOGVuF83gJuGw9D._hdLzsTvaMxWzkcSVpoYJjLUlwAJ(ThreadStart )
-------------------------------

I do, here you are. It happens both in Singleplayer, and on a server.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Grant Donahue said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Running on 64 bit Windows with 32 GB RAM 
Version: v1.15.6 (Stable)10/10/2021 4:10:21 AM: Critical error occurred
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at XSkills.BehaviorCollectFromPatch.Prefix(BehaviorCollectFrom __instance, IWorldAccessor world, IPlayer byPlayer, BlockSelection blockSel)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BehaviorCollectFrom.OnBlockInteractStart_Patch1(BehaviorCollectFrom this, IWorldAccessor world, IPlayer byPlayer, BlockSelection blockSel, EnumHandling& handling)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Block.OnBlockInteractStart(IWorldAccessor world, IPlayer byPlayer, BlockSelection blockSel)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.TryBeginUseBlock(Block selectedBlock, BlockSelection blockSelection)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.HandleMouseInteractionsBlockSelected(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.OnFinalizeFrame(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt)
   at _nUTCCwkT1CsTiy64OnOpdL40c6I._ClADUnYQHrAMqPUj22yJuSx9iUh(Single )
   at _8ECD8nssQiL9uSD9vAFETn80rqE._YxuqUIHpNderNcZTb6YFhogmWOS(Single )
   at _8ECD8nssQiL9uSD9vAFETn80rqE._7qo1BKsjBXLbbifnICE8jHmvIH9(Single )
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   at _AP7WmUsyUYdtMlYkY1BnRzdg2ff._hdLzsTvaMxWzkcSVpoYJjLUlwAJ(_JsdNdoNt0XlKjq0tdupAM4oO6wn , String[] )
   at _0VK7uR5tb5rsnOGVuF83gJuGw9D._hdLzsTvaMxWzkcSVpoYJjLUlwAJ(ThreadStart )
-------------------------------

I do, here you are. It happens both in Singleplayer, and on a server.

I found the issue, Should be fixed with the next update.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I feel as though it would make more sense for the 'Iron Fist' skill to work the opposite of how it does right now. Where the maximum damage would be achieved by having 0 armor, decreased for each tier of armor, like a classic monk. 

eg. instead of 2*(armor tier) damage, it would be 2*(4-armor tier) damage.

Edited by Russia
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Russia said:

I feel as though it would make more sense for the 'Iron Fist' skill to work the opposite of how it does right now. Where the maximum damage would be achieved by having 0 armor, decreased for each tier of armor, like a classic monk. 

eg. instead of 2*(armor tier) damage, it would be 2*(4-armor tier) damage.

I consider to add this as a separate ability.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I finally added the final features i wanted to add to the 0.6 version of the mod. It took much longer than expected. Especially the compatibility with the Expanded foods mod took a lot time. But with the help of the Expanded foods mod author i think we managed to make it work. But i cannot test every recipe. So if you encounter some bugs (and there are probably some), please report them.

 

API:
    -Changed the experience multiplier calculations. (global modifiers are now applied before everything else)
    -Global experience modifiers are no longer considered into the experience multiplier tooltip.
    -Added a log entry for loaded effects.
    -Improved the decrease/increase ability tier tooltip.
    -Added KnowledgeRequirement class and a Knowledge field to the PlayerSkillSet.
        -Can be used to make a requirement that requires a specific knowledge level.

Balance:
    -The duration of the well rested effect now depends on the time you slept.

Features:
    -Added support for lichen deers
    -Added support for medieval expansion aurochs
    -Added exp multipliers for classes from the Collaborative Classes mod.
    -Unified the way cooking abilities are handled. Made one method out of 3 (for fire pits, ovens, cooking pots).
        -Hopefully this will make it easier to add new cooking methods.
        -This may change the specific behavior.
    -Expanded foods compatibility
        -The cooking skill should now work with expanded foods ovens.
        -The mixing bowl should now work with cooking skills.
        -Expanded foods foods can now be affected by skills.
        -The soucepan should now work with cooking skills.
        -Rolling pins are now affected by the tool mastery ability (cooking skill).
    -Updated russian translation by @Jay_
    -Added a quality tooltip to pies.
    
Fixes:
    -fixed the class requirement names for the lightfooted ability
    -forged plates can now have quality
    -fixed behavior for leaves
    -hopefully fixed an inventory related crash that can occur when joining a server
    -fixed a crash that can occur when you harvest a henbox with the rancher skill

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Russia said:

Xandu, I've been going through the files in the mod. I'm curious, where does it actually store the code for various functions and abilities? All of the .json files I've looked at appear to be references.

I don't exactly know what you mean. But the code that make the abilities actually work has to be written in c# code and be compiled. So it is stored in the dll file. You can not write such things in .json files.
 

6 hours ago, Travis Pluid said:

So, how does Quality affect plates?

Quality affects the armor you craft with these plates.
 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.