[V1.14.+] Lazy Warlock's Tweaks (steel update)

The_Lazy_Warlock

On 11/18/2020 at 3:11 PM, Devestatio said:

Uusing them to make a better fuel would be great, as it has no use beyond skeps, after you get established.  :( Maybe combine it with peat to make a long/hotter burning fuel?

Yah, I think combining it with peat or even charcoal dust could make it into a longer burning, higher temp version of peat (which is already useful IMO). I'll probably even give it a stackable block like peat. 

Maybe something like 8 straw + 1 peat + 1 charcoal dust = 4 briquettes. With a briquette burning ~ 50% longer than peat but not as hot as charcoal, making it ideal for cooking or firing things. 

• Like 2

On 11/28/2020 at 8:59 AM, Tarquinius753 said:

Do you know how long it takes you to get the mod out for 1.14 after the stable is out? we have your mod on the server and every thing else is prepared for the update.

I want to be a lot more thorough with the update this time. For 1.13 I did not test out a lot of things I expected to work just fine, and before I even knew there were bugs 1.14 was right around the corner. If I'm lucky, it will only take a weekend to update since I will not be adding any new features for the moment. 

• Like 2

Love your mod, but I just updated to 1.14 and I'm seeing a lot of missing icons for potash, straw and compost based items ... I believe in my rush to see the new features, I have made a terrible mistake...

On a more serious note (I can just keep the stuff in a number of chests until it works again) are you planning on waiting until 1.14 hits stable status before you update? Some of my roofs look utterly ridiculous with the thatch ? pieces as well and THOSE I'll definitely need to change around; thankfully it hit winter and I won't be doing much farming anyway.

Edited by Godogma

7 hours ago, Godogma said:

Love your mod, but I just updated to 1.14 and I'm seeing a lot of missing icons for potash, straw and compost based items ... I believe in my rush to see the new features, I have made a terrible mistake...

On a more serious note (I can just keep the stuff in a number of chests until it works again) are you planning on waiting until 1.14 hits stable status before you update? Some of my roofs look utterly ridiculous with the thatch ? pieces as well and THOSE I'll definitely need to change around; thankfully it hit winter and I won't be doing much farming anyway.

It sounds like a lot of folks are switching over to 1.14 even before the stable release, so I'm planning on working on a large update and bugfix this week. Will hopefully have a release by Tuesday. 

Thanks everyone for being so patient, I really appreciate it.

~ The Lazy Warlock

• Like 2

I think everyone is eager for steel and the like... Myself, I'm new and decided to try 1.13 to start with and got very used to all your tweaks before another mod updated and I needed to fix an error I suddenly started getting forging various things. I decided to update to take full advantage of the Weaponspack myself. :)

• The_Lazy_Warlock changed the title to [V1.14.+] Lazy Warlock's Tweaks (steel update)

Alright folks, the experimental of Lazytweaks for VS 1.14+ is out. There may be some bugs I missed, but I made sure that at least the most important things worked. But, always be sure to backup your worlds and such before updating.

Some things I still need to figure out (but aren't as necessary ATM):

• GUI transformations have been altered a bit in the recent update, and patches don't work well with them. So I need to figure it out. 
  • Need to re-add the damage tiers of spears. 

Also, some folks have asked for me to split the mod into modules. I will likely do this to help with updating since some things will rarely need to be changed, while others will need more attention.

And here's the link: Lazytweaks 1.14+

As always, let me know if there's any issues. I'll do my best to squash anything that needs immediate attention.

Thanks,

~The Lazy Warlock

• Like 2

7 hours ago, EtherialMind said:

As of this version is there a way to disable certain functions with a config as I would like to suggest this mod for the Rabbit_Tech server but I know that the skep funtionality would need to be toggled to fit the server's MO

Sometime this week, I plan on dissecting the mod into smaller "mini-mods" to try and help with compatibility and updating. I realize now that the mod is becoming too spread out to just be "tweaks" so I'd like for people to be able to choose what they want. 

A config is also an option, but I think having the smaller modules will be altogether better in the long run.

• Thanks 2

I've tweaked the mod a little by removing unwanted files - anoher sign that modularity will be a good thing :)

Now I've gotta ask, though: the new molds added by the mod cannot be stored in the mold rack that 1.14 adds. Is this something I accidentally broke, or has that not been implemented yet? If so, I would humbly like to suggest adding it. Mold racks are great!

Edited by Streetwind
Typo

13 hours ago, Streetwind said:

I've tweaked the mod a little by removing unwanted files - anoher sign that modularity will be a good thing :)

Now I've gotta ask, though: the new molds added by the mod cannot be stored in the mold rack that 1.14 adds. Is this something I accidentally broke, or has that not been implemented yet? If so, I would humbly like to suggest adding it. Mold racks are great!

Ah, yeah that will require a fix on my part, I forgot that those were added recently. I'll fix that in a small update. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.