[V1.14.+] Lazy Warlock's Tweaks (steel update)

The_Lazy_Warlock

1 hour ago, Tarquinius753 said:

I couldnt find a way to melt the small steel pieces down that you get from your mod whil smithing. Did i miss something or is this intendet?

Is it part of the new steel smithing update? I actually only tested out steel ingots so I may have missed something. I have actually not had the time to thoroughly try out all the new features in the recent update. 

53 minutes ago, The_Lazy_Warlock said:

Is it part of the new steel smithing update? I actually only tested out steel ingots so I may have missed something. I have actually not had the time to thoroughly try out all the new features in the recent update. 

That's not from this mod or the base game. That's Melchior's Metal Recovery mod and, yeah, there are iron and steel bits you get back from smithing that can't currently be re-smelted.

9 hours ago, The_Lazy_Warlock said:

8 hours ago, Steel Fire said:

That's not from this mod or the base game. That's Melchior's Metal Recovery mod and, yeah, there are iron and steel bits you get back from smithing that can't currently be re-smelted.

Oh damm it seems that i have mixed up the mods. Sorry

Would you consider possibly increasing the stack size for Ash so we can make a full 50 liters of lye at once in a barrel? It's somewhat resource intensive to build all these barrels and tedious to do 20 liters at a time then transfer the contents of 3 barrels into one for the evaporation process (no matter how many barrels I make I always seem to have 10 liters left over)...

Or did I miss something and have been doing this wrong the whole time and I can just add more on top of the 60 Ash in the barrel to make more than 20 liters at a time?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MuCephei said:

Just letting you know that the molds don't go into the new mold rack.

I was also wondering if it's possible to pick and choose which of the tweaks to have, is there any way to disable some of the tweaks but keep others

I am aware, it will be fixed in a small update. 

And I will try to make a config file to disable some tweaks, not sure how to do it just yet so that might take a bit of time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2020 at 7:04 AM, Godogma said:

Would you consider possibly increasing the stack size for Ash so we can make a full 50 liters of lye at once in a barrel? It's somewhat resource intensive to build all these barrels and tedious to do 20 liters at a time then transfer the contents of 3 barrels into one for the evaporation process (no matter how many barrels I make I always seem to have 10 liters left over)...

Or did I miss something and have been doing this wrong the whole time and I can just add more on top of the 60 Ash in the barrel to make more than 20 liters at a time?

I second this.

Also will you be adding a White Potash version of the compound fertilizer?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Pinky said:

So I love the peat combined with straw and charcoal powder. My one issue is that I can't stack it normally like regular peat. Would you be able to implement that? ❤️

Yeah it's possible and something I plan on doing, it just requires some extra code to make a stackable block. For now, I just wanted a quick solution for it :)

• Amazing! 1

For the purposes of 'curing' compost, is the speed of curing slowed down by being put in chests or other storage that gives a ~x.054 modifier to aging? I see the 'compost bin' slows down the speed of composting for 'other', is curing compost considered other? Perhaps putting hot/cooling/curing compost in the compost bin can give it a speed modifier to becoming the final 20% compost? I love it as is, but am unsure of how to get compost to cure at a uniform speed...put it in my backpack? Chest? Barrel?

The compost curing uses the same item property as curing hides (IE using fat/oil), and as far as I'm aware there is actually no difference for any container it is put into. I have not actually looked into the code too much for this item property, but I'm pretty sure it works differently than say how food will deteriorate in that the rate is constant no matter where it's placed. 

But, I have not tested this myself and it might be worthwhile to make some custom code for it. I actually planned on making a block version as well that you could pile it into, and if you "turn" it by breaking it up at specific points it will speed up the curing, like how it's done IRL. But that's might be way too much work, as I'm not sure how much people actually use the compost :P

• Mind=blown 1

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible to add a compatibility patch for Mr1k3's "WeaponPack, New Weapons" mod? It changes spear recipes to use hafts and rope instead of sticks.

Also, it appears that steel and meteoric iron spears, after being thrown, display an error texture on their heads. Regular iron ones are fine.

Edited by Boomer Bill

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I just installed your mod into my 1.14.7 game and flint knife heads does not stack at all. Is it a problem in my side or this part of your mod just stopped working?

Mods:

• Lazy Warlock's Tweaks 1.9.1
  • VSHUD Compat 2.0.0
  • CarryCapacity 0.5.2
  • HUD Clock 2.4.0
  • GraveMod 2.2.1

1 hour ago, hron84 said:

Hi!

I just installed your mod into my 1.14.7 game and flint knife heads does not stack at all. Is it a problem in my side or this part of your mod just stopped working?

Mods:

• Lazy Warlock's Tweaks 1.9.1
  • VSHUD Compat 2.0.0
  • CarryCapacity 0.5.2
  • HUD Clock 2.4.0
  • GraveMod 2.2.1

You need to install 3.1.0 version https://drive.google.com/file/d/1besArw2J0epD-IRl_Elpa3ICWKVvWs7x/view

4 hours ago, Jesse Caron said:

What was the rationale for excluding spear heads, for instance, from the stacking-items tweak? I'd imagine they're comparable in size to the hoes, if not smaller. I haven't gotten far enough with it installed to see if other weapon components are similarly affected.

It might have just been a mistake on my part, I cannot remember :P

Also, heads up for everyone, I'm afraid that I will not be able to continue work on this mod in the future. Life has become very busy for me and I don't foresee a time that I'll be able to consistently work on this or any other mods for Vintage Story. 

That said, if anyone is wishes to inherit Lazy Tweaks and keep it updated/bug free for the community you have my permission. I'm aware that there's a decent number of people who enjoy using it and I don't want to take that away from them for future versions of VS. 

Anyone who wishes to do so, let me know and I'll send you any files that you might need for it :) But from what I'm aware, all the files included in the mod can be used in Virtual Studio rather easily.

Thanks everyone,

~ The Lazy Warlock

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
22 hours ago, EreticKB said:

Nope, it incompatible with newly added clay ovens, so i create mod-replacer for LVT right now.

Yeah I didn't notice that till until I made an oven (didn't have one and everything else seemed to function fine. Ty for updating the mod. :)

21 hours ago, Pinky said:

Yeah I didn't notice that till until I made an oven (didn't have one and everything else seemed to function fine. Ty for updating the mod. :)

What do you mean by incompatible with the new clay oven?  Does it crash or something if you use the clay oven (with this mod installed)?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.