Acheron72

How to install server on Ubuntu

Do you know any good step-by-step guide on how to install a vps server with Ubuntu 18.04? I know he is on the wiki but when I do according to him, the server does not start. I do as it is written. After entering the ./server.sh start command, I get this message: Fatal! VintagestoryServer.exe is not properly installed. You should try reinstall first. Aborting. What can I do wrong?

If you go to the downloads page and click on "Show other available downloads of Vintage Story" , you can find the link for "Tar.gz Archive/Linux" . I personally use the stable.json "API endpoint" to grab the latest download link. I just download that on the server, extract it, and have a "start_server.sh" with the following:

#!/bin/bash
mono VintagestoryServer.exe --dataPath ./data

You can go more fancy if you'd like, for example use a loop to have the server auto restart when it crashes, but at the moment this has been doing just fine for our little friend group server. No flattery needed! 💚

Edited by copygirl