[1.14.10] Metal Recovery (for Anvils) PLUS - {0.1.7}

Melchior

• 2 weeks later...
  • Melchior changed the title to [1.14.*] Metal Recovery (for Anvils) - {0.1.5}
  • 1 month later...
  • Melchior changed the title to [1.14.8+] Metal Recovery (for Anvils) PLUS - {0.1.6}

For now - AMR+ won't work with Helve-Hammers.

It may work with some other mods that add new metal types, and other mods...well - it may not make SENSE to combine them; but it should NOT crash...

(XSkills, Mystic-Metals... Not all possible types and combinations tested....there are hundreds of mods now! )

I have both XSkills and Mystic Metals as well as the metal recovery mod before this newest update and had no crashes; I can disassemble locusts with xskills and tho their bits are different from yours, neither seem to have problems together.  In mystic metals I finally made the blacksteel/crysteel/bluesteel/redsteel, and though I was getting bits from working those they were nameless and unsmeltable.  Still didn't cause crashes though.

I'll grab AMR+ now and see how it works with those two mods running :) 

*edit* unfortunately not so well https://puu.sh/HEQAf/ecb345862f.jpg

I'll save a copy of the logs folder, let me know on discord which ones you want and I can give them to you there :) until then, back to the last version lol

Edited by Lisabet

7 hours ago, CosmonautYuri said:

I cannot load into any world after updating to 0.1.6

If you have Warlock's Lazy Tweaks or Temporal Tinkerer enabled, those two are having issues with 0.1.6; I'm working with Melchior on discord to see if I can help them find the issue and fix it.  Out of my list of 78 other mods those two are the only two that give me an error trying to load any map.

• Melchior changed the title to [1.14.10] Metal Recovery (for Anvils) PLUS - {0.1.7}
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The default system settings currently allow for the spontaneous generation of free metal even without intentional exploitation. I don't THINK this is a mod interaction, but do let me know if it's a known one (since it would render the following analysis moot):

EDIT: Yep, it's a mod... 'interaction', alright. Buried deep within the feature list of the Useful Stuff mod, underneath a dropdown at the very bottom, is that all metal tool grant 50 metal units' worth of bits when broken. I didn't expect Useful Stuff to include a feature that so dramatically affected the 'baseline' of the game, especially with so little fanfare.

A breaking tool already generates 10 bits of metal, which is 50 metal-units, or half the ingot. However, it also generates a "broken metal fragments" item which is chiselable for a randon amount, which is usually more than 50 metal-units. Given that this was all produced from a tool that only cost 100 metal units to make, we've already made a 'profit'. This is before taking into account metal bits that are generated from the cut-function during forging, meaning you can easily end up with a 50+ profit simply by forging and using metal tools regularly

Simply removing either the stack of 10 bits of metal or the chiselable pile of fragments should be enough to pull the number back down into the range of merely reducing "overall" metal usage; i would suggest the former.

That being said, some kind of system that "knows" how much metal a tool requires and thus setting an upper bound for how much the broken metal fragments item should be 'worth' might also be useful. A knife should produce less metal scraps than a shovel, since you get more bits during the forging process with the knife. It should also mean 'forward compatibility' for any tools made out of more or less metal.

Edited by balistafreak

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also having the problem with the metal fragments. Glad I'm not the only one who can't figure it out.

Seriously, though, it says it can smelt, but I can't even put the fragments into the crucible. Running mod version 0.1.15 on VS 1.15 with several mods installed. The other people having the issue: do you have other mods installed? 

Hammer was the first thing I tried.

Edited by PABadger

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.