[1.14.10] Metal Recovery (for Anvils) PLUS - {0.1.7}

Melchior

17 hours ago, PABadger said:

I'm also having the problem with the metal fragments. Glad I'm not the only one who can't figure it out.

Seriously, though, it says it can smelt, but I can't even put the fragments into the crucible. Running mod version 0.1.15 on VS 1.15 with several mods installed. The other people having the issue: do you have other mods installed? 

Hammer was the first thing I tried.

What kind of metal fragments are they? I've been able to use Copper and Tinbronze ones before. Lead too I think. I myself have a large modlist, but I haven't had the issue.

Edited by Travis Pluid

Copper, right now. I haven't managed to work my way up to bronze yet.

Modlist for me:

- Acorns

- Anvil Metal Recovery

- better crates

- Bullseye

- Carry capacity

- Extra Chests

- Farmland Drops Soil

- Medieval Expansion

- Primitive survival

-Spyglass

- Expanded Foods

- Extra Chests

- Workbench expansion

Checking with everything except metal recovery turned off in the mod manager, I seem to have the same issues. I've tried hammer, chisel, and saw in various configurations with no effect.

On 9/22/2021 at 12:18 PM, Bernard Langstone said:

Sorry to not get back to you, I ended up using a chisel with it in the crafting grid and that for some reason works? 

Yeah, I think something else in your modlist is giving you returns for your broken tool. [BLANK] Fragments that you then have to chisel into metal bits.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/27/2021 at 8:50 PM, Buggi said:

:(
Not one of my mods @Hal13

sigh

still building my modpack... but i have to modify each of your mods i'd be remotely interested in as you put way too much stuff into single mods, i'm sure i'll add the rocksniffer at some point.

At this point i only have mods that modify a single mechanic each and/or from which it's easy to find the culprit if something goes wrong (because i know and used them already in earlier versions, though i'm still waiting for updates on some).

i went for really slow burn gameplay in 1.15; after more than 60 hours i'm still only around noon of day 4, managed to get a decent sized charcoal pit going now and just started metal working, which is why it does kinda hurt not being able to smelt and mold the worn out copper pickaxe plus some nuggets into a new pickaxe.

Edited by Hal13

8 minutes ago, Buggi said:

WOW, 15 real hours per day? That is a very slow burn. You have an impressive amount of patience!

actually 48 hours irl per day ingame... ^_^ though the first day i tested different time speeds and looked into what is dependent on that variable and what is dependent on real time and i usually sleep away 9.5 hours either at some trader with an aged bed or at my base in an aged bed i found in some ruins... with days that long exploration really becomes interesting, as metal cooling, pit kilns and charcoal pits, trees and crops growing, all depend on time speed, while hunger and cooking (and smelting in a crucible) depend on real time (which means long days = less hunger drain by sleep skipping several hours, but creating a need to travel further and hunt more through the early game).

We're going on a tangent though.

2 hours ago, Hells Razer said:

@Hal13 you do know you can use a chisel to turn the broken scraps into metal bits right?

I did not know that (but should have i looked at the bits recipe several times and it was mentioned in this topic too), but i don't have a chisel yet and it's irrelvant to the bug i reported (the tooltip says can be smelted into 57 units, but i can't put it into a crucible).
And i'd probably lose any parts that are not full 5 units, last time i checked each metal bits item was worth 5 units of metal, my broken pickaxe is worth 57 units, hence i'd lose additional 2 units by turning it into bits, of which i don't know yet if they can be smelted, i mean if one thing added by the mod can't be smelted it's likely another can't be smelted too, right?
Atm and with several hours irl until the ingots in the molds cool enough for me to take them out, reheat and smith them, each single unit of metal is precious.

Edited by Hal13

@Hal13 No the bits you get from using the chisel are vanilla items.

The tooltip text is unchanged from previous versions of VS where you could put bigger items in the crucible, like plates or ingots.

Also chances are that the units of metal you claim you lost are the ones you got back when first smithing the item meaning you generally don't lose more than maybe one metal bit per ingot if that. And if you are that strapped for metal you should search for more deposits.

Edited by Hells Razer

3 hours ago, Hells Razer said:

@Hal13 No the bits you get from using the chisel are vanilla items.

The tooltip text is unchanged from previous versions of VS where you could put bigger items in the crucible, like plates or ingots.

Also chances are that the units of metal you claim you lost are the ones you got back when first smithing the item meaning you generally don't lose more than maybe one metal bit per ingot if that. And if you are that strapped for metal you should search for more deposits.

I have found enough deposits (far over 100 copper veins marked on my map), doesn't help anything without a pickaxe to mine them though.

Tbh i don't know why it's not possible anymore to put ingots and plates into crucibles, i mean i can put tens of thousands of units of metal in nugget form in there, a limitation on units of metal i could understand (idk maybe 2k?) but being able to smelt half a metric ton of copper in the form of ore nuggets (which aren't pure copper and therefore take up more space) but not half a metric ton of copper ingots just doesn't make much sense. sure the opening may be too small for an ingot, but the whole crucible is smaller than an ingot and i can put hundreds of ingots worth of metal in there.

And again, this discussion is irrelevant for filing a bug report on the tooltip being wrong, if I understand you correctly that's the actual bug. If having to break it down into bits is the intended behavior, it should say "can be broken down into x metal bits" not "smelting temperature xxx worth y metal units" (with y being unequal to (a multiple of 5) times x). That would take away the feeling of losing metal by having to break it down instead of smelting it too. Somehow it does seem the issue has been ignored since something concerning it got first reported in june though even though there has been 5 versions of the mod since then and changing the tooltip seems like something that could easily have been done since then (which is why I think it's more complicated to fix than I imagine it to be).

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Michael Mehler said:

Hey, in 1.16 i have the problem i can´t put the fragments in to the Cruible.

Maybe read the 3 pages that this thread has to check if it really is a problem and if there is a solution?

On 11/29/2021 at 1:09 PM, Hells Razer said:

@Hal13 you do know you can use a chisel to turn the broken scraps into metal bits right?

You know... Just saying...

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Having a problem loading the mod onto my server, when i play single player with my server mod list nothing bad happens but when i try and play on the server i crash after loading and it gives me this.
"System.Exception: Don't know how to instantiate item of class 'SmartSmeltableItem' did you forget to register a mapping?"
I remove this mod and i can join the server again so i have it disabled for now.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.