The Golden Wolf v1.0.34 - still works fine :)

ozBillo

10 hours ago, Stefano Da Giau said:

Maybe? After the third that I've abandoned in a cave no more had come.

If you leave GW behind and travel far enough away so that his location is no longer on the world map, I think the count of GWs in the world drops to zero and there's a chance that a new one will spawn.

7 hours ago, G23 said:

Well ... i now have 5 

they just keep spawning in my game lol

Have you been travelling long distances?
Like, over 1000 blocks? 
I suspect it may be happening in those situations.

Maybe I could make them fight each other until there was only 1 left.
He'd be pretty beat up after the fight, though.
What do you think of that idea?

17 hours ago, G23 said:

Well ... i now have 5 

they just keep spawning in my game lol

Now I've got 3. The first time I've had more than 1. 
I was running with Wolfie into new chunks in the NE. I didn't think it could happen in this situation.
But, I have a theory! Let's see if the next version fixes this problem.

On 5/1/2020 at 6:21 AM, ozBillo said:

If you leave GW behind and travel far enough away so that his location is no longer on the world map, I think the count of GWs in the world drops to zero and there's a chance that a new one will spawn.

Oh maybe it might be that, since the wolves don't follow me if I run too  quickly and have a terrible path finding, I resorted in making them follow me only if I'm not in a hurry or if I don't have to get into a cave. so it might be that

5 hours ago, Stefano Da Giau said:

Oh maybe it might be that, since the wolves don't follow me if I run too  quickly and have a terrible path finding, I resorted in making them follow me only if I'm not in a hurry or if I don't have to get into a cave. so it might be that

Wolfie was with me when my 2 extras appeared. I was in newly generated chunks. 
It will be interesting to see if the new version 1.0.34 fixes this.

Edited by ozBillo

17 hours ago, Miss M.K. said:

Isst er beiden, oder muss er gefüttert werden? Irgendwie funktioniert das Bearbeiten nicht... Wollte eigentlich wissen ob er alleine Frisst 

He doesn't need to be fed.
But, sometimes he will eat some raw meat if you drop it at his feet.

really nice mod grade for beginners it is really a relief: D I only noticed that the golden wolf does not really react to the animals and does not always react to the rabbits. So maybe it would also be possible for wild boar to attack babies? I once tested the Golblin mod in detail. I noticed that the golden wolf ignored the goblins. Would it be possible to do something that the wolf might warn with a howl or something similar? where applicable also? I know it will be difficult because of the different mods but maybe there is a possibility

18 hours ago, Yangur_s said:

really nice mod grade for beginners it is really a relief: D I only noticed that the golden wolf does not really react to the animals and does not always react to the rabbits. So maybe it would also be possible for wild boar to attack babies? I once tested the Golblin mod in detail. I noticed that the golden wolf ignored the goblins. Would it be possible to do something that the wolf might warn with a howl or something similar? where applicable also? I know it will be difficult because of the different mods but maybe there is a possibility

I'll look at adding your goblin idea in the next version.

• 1 month later...
On 6/19/2020 at 11:00 AM, BlueSteelAU said:

can you train him to sit and stay in case you don't want him to follow you

Not at the moment.
I just lock him in my base if I want him to stay.

At some point I'll convert it to a full mod so that I can add new behaviors.
"Stay" will be the first one I'll add :)

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • ozBillo changed the title to The Golden Wolf v1.0.34 - still works fine :)
  • 5 months later...

This should be in the base game. Thanks for making it.

I only play without drifters, so interaction with other animals is all I have. This hits the spot.

Suggestions:

- other color options. grey, black, brown.

- Stealth hunting mechanic. Player and wolf team up to hunt.

- Play Fetch

- Drink water from river, ponds

Edited by UGB76765

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.