Chicks gone after Relog /Hühner nach Relog verschwunden BUG?

Walter

Hello, i managed to lock some Chickens in a Room for breeding. I also construct a trough and fills it with wheat. Now after relog my Chickens are gone. Is that a Bug or did i something wrong?

Hallo, hatte es geschafft 2 Hühner, 1 Hahn und 2 Küken in einen Raum zu sperren. Habe auch einen Trog gebaut und diesen mit Weizen befüllt.  Nachdem ich nach einem Relog nachgeschaut habe waren die Hühner verschwunden. Ist das ein Bug oder muss man die Tiere länger behalten bevor man ausloggt?

Edited by Walter

I have sheep in an outdoor pen that has no lighting other than what the sky provides. So far, none of them have despawned in 10+ hours of gameplay, even when I worked the anvil throughout the night, or spent several days far enough away that the area was unloaded (visible by the throughs not being eaten from).

7 hours ago, Walter said:

do glass works? or do i need some lights? Count night as dark? Would be nice if someone can that put on the wiki.

I believe glass should work fine.  I'm not sure if they require daylight, or if smaller light sources will suffice...

• Animals do not de-spawn at night time, but they do de-spawn if underground  -  underground they will de-spawn if the player leaves the area for 5 minutes
  • hens (+ chicks) require minimum light level 8, not to despawn
  • there is no way to know the exact light level of a block in the game (the Debug information does not show this)
  • light level 8 can be from a candle if the room is small, for example a 2x3 or 3x3 room - maybe even an oil lamp, but this is not a strong light source
  • light level 8 can be achieved from natural light even indirectly - example: in my house I have doors and windows on the front; I have an interior room at the back for my hens - the hens are living around 10-12 blocks away from the windows and there is a door between the hen's room and the rest of my house, but the hens still have enough daylight to live
  • a trapdoor or glass window above the hen's house should guarantee enough light  (? maybe check there is no tree directly above it, I am not sure about trees leaves)

Even at the game's night time, the hens can still receive some "natural light" above level 8.   It's natural starlight or moonlight, if you like :)

TL;DR:  if you can see properly in the room where the hens are, even without holding a torch or a lantern, then probably the hens have enough light to live.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.