Medieval expansion

Rhonen

Spoiler

Your wheels are running... weird... They sometimes spin in the opposite direction or stop when connecting networks. I even had a crazy variant when 3 wheels in the same net stopped. 1 + 1 + 1 =  0  😥
Also, the 85% wheel takes into account the source of water only from one side, if you pour from the other, there will be no effect.

6 hours ago, DArkHekRoMaNT said:

Your wheels are running... weird... They sometimes spin in the opposite direction or stop when connecting networks.

i had that too, but i only used the same mech as the windmillrotor. i think it can depend on the accelerate value. but not sure. i had that "effect" when stop the water. may be an "problem" from the network-handle, that it bring the axle to a special position.

I even had a crazy variant when 3 wheels in the same net stopped. 1 + 1 + 1 =  0  

had not that yet, will try to reproduce and try to understand why it happen.

Also, the 85% wheel takes into account the source of water only from one side, if you pour from the other, there will be no effect.

limited by the MP-Network, it's rotating only in one direction... look at the windmillrotors ;) same thing

3 hours ago, Rhonen said:

limited by the MP-Network, it's rotating only in one direction... look at the windmillrotors ;) same thing

The wheel itself is spinning as you like, sometimes in one direction or the other. Sometimes it even spins right, but in the opposite direction from the angular gear, to which it transfers rotation 🤯

7 hours ago, DArkHekRoMaNT said:

The wheel itself is spinning as you like

can not confirm that, cause this is no animation of the shape.
and i did not see any propertie to influence that rotation.
when i increase the Speed that the rotation starts. but may be there is a propertie in the parent class i have not perceived.

7 hours ago, DArkHekRoMaNT said:

Sometimes it even spins right, but in the opposite direction from the angular gear, to which it transfers rotation

as written before, i only can see that behavior when it's slowing down to 0, so i think this is happen by the accelerate-ratio.

Hey Rhonen 
waterwheelbase.json
{
    code: "waterwheelbase",
    class: "WaterWheel",
    entityClass: "BEWaterWheel",
    entityBehaviors: [{ name: "BEBehaviorWaterWheel" }],
    behaviors: [{name: "HorizontalOrientable"}],
    attributes: {
        handbook: {
            groupBy: ["waterwheelbase-*"]
        },
        damagePerTick : 100,    <---- Is that intended? Thats not even a Minute...

8 hours ago, DArkHekRoMaNT said:

And they have no translation
image.png.004e07001b6f9164207941416d6bc8b6.png

may be i forgott it. i'll check it.

8 hours ago, DArkHekRoMaNT said:

After the update, old wheels break instantly and cannot be picked up in inventory

i believe you, but cannot confirm by try to reproduce your problem.

After 5 tests:

starting with 3.3.3
=> place 3 wheels
update 3.4.0
=> brake one wheel, item taken up, damage given, place it again
update 3.4.1
=> brake same wheel, item taken up, all fine
=> brake another wheel, item taken up, all fine.

all scenarios had same results.

I am sorry guys, but i can not reproduce it. i dont know what your servers are doing.

i wish it would let me reproduce what you guys describe, cause i want help. but without an reproducable unexpected behavior, i am not in the position.

Edited by Rhonen

This is popping up in my server-debug log.

1.2.2021 14:51:11 [VerboseDebug] Durability problem on Waterwheel, no durability calculation available, loading default shape
1.2.2021 14:51:11 [VerboseDebug] Durability problem on Waterwheel, no durability calculation available, loading default shape
1.2.2021 14:51:48 [VerboseDebug] Durability problem on Waterwheel, no durability calculation available, loading default shape
1.2.2021 14:51:48 [VerboseDebug] Durability problem on Waterwheel, no durability calculation available, loading default shape
1.2.2021 14:51:58 [VerboseDebug] Durability problem on Waterwheel, no durability calculation available, loading default shape

Edited by Nozarati

8 hours ago, Nozarati said:

This is popping up in my server-debug log.

this is the indicator for what you described. the durability is not merged correctly while update introduced it.
but its not telling, why this happens when you updated the mod from 3.3.3 to 3.4.0
also it does not explain why you can not pickup the dropped wheels.

so the only thing i can imagine that the zip-download was corrupt or the server made a mistake while loading mods after update the mod.

but maybe i have an idea what i can do. that log information gives me a feedback which value is missing. so i can do some other tests.

Edited by Rhonen

Thanks to @Nozarati you gave me the crucial clue.
The Problem is: Your servers saved wrong data for the Waterwheels. I can not imagine how that happend, but it did.
with the debug-log information i could recreate the situation.

i will prepare a fix so the wheels should refresh the durability and the maxdurability once.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.