Medieval expansion

Rhonen

On 3/16/2021 at 8:27 PM, Ambulate In Somnis said:

Have  you git sources? I wanna make some custom changes  

currently not. and until had bad experience by making a mod-source public access and got reports of "bugs" ... hmm no, i dont have that much time to support bugs by changing my mods.
may be i will publish an older source, but currently no plans for that.

3 hours ago, Rhonen said:

currently not. and until had bad experience by making a mod-source public access and got reports of "bugs" ... hmm no, i dont have that much time to support bugs by changing my mods.
may be i will publish an older source, but currently no plans for that.

Can you make more settings for server side instead? I mean - unvulnerability of wheels, etc?

5 hours ago, Ambulate In Somnis said:

an you make more settings for server side instead? I mean - unvulnerability of wheels, etc?

this is an option.
if you want do this, you can easily change the waterwheel json in the /assets of mod-zip.

attributes: {
		handbook: {
			groupBy: ["waterwheelbase-*"]
		},
		damagePerTick : 1,
	},

change damagePerTick to 0

• Thanks 1

Hallo Rhonen,

erstmal danke für den super tollen mod. Habe dort den Wert auf 0,01 gesetzt jedoch hat er ihn nicht genommen. Kann das an dem Komma liegen? Wenn ich dieses durch einen Punkt ersetzte Funktioniert es dann? Würde schon gern das Wasserrad kaputt gehen lassen aber auf unserem Server ist es mit dem Wert 1 nach gefühlt 2 Ingame Tagen kaputt gegangen.

1 hour ago, Kiava said:

Habe dort den Wert auf 0,01 gesetzt jedoch hat er ihn nicht genommen

kommazahlen werden nicht genommen. wenn dir 1 zuviel ist, bleibt dir noch die durability vom Waterwheelspin.json (item).

durabilityByType: {
		"*": 6000,
	}

Aber achtung: Der Wert hängt halt am Item, also am Rad das du baust und dann der Konstruktion anfügst.
Also einfach nur ändern und dann erwarten dass es tut => nope.

• Wolf Bait 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Kai Effelsberg said:

Suggestion: Maybe you could make your lamp posts compatible with the wooden lanterns from the primitive survival mod.

this would mean the mods get dependent from one side. or they need a shared interface for that. so not an easy way.

6 hours ago, Tech_Rabbit said:

Isn't that what compatibility lib is for?

not sure that this would be enough. cause the my code needs to check from class to interface on interaction.
and then the primitive survival mod needs to add that interface to lamp-class.
so manipulating the assets-json is not enough as i know. but not 100% sure.
nevertheless: when i introduce an interface in my mod, the survival mod must known it to implement the interface to its classes.

but may be i think to much in classic development here.

10.4.2021 11:47:20 [Fatal] Caught unhandled exception in thread 'asyncparticles'. Exiting game.
10.4.2021 11:47:20 [Fatal] System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
   bei medievalexpansion.src.block.mechanical.WaterWheel.OnAsyncClientParticleTick(IAsyncParticleManager manager, BlockPos pos, Single windAffectednessAtPos, Single secondsTicking)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemClientTickingBlocks.onOffThreadParticleTick(Single dt, IAsyncParticleManager manager)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemRenderParticles.OnSeperateThreadGameTick(Single dt)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientThread.Update()
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientThread.Process()
10.4.2021 11:47:23 [Warning] MeshRef with vao id 19158 with 36 indices is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var VAO_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
10.4.2021 11:47:23 [Warning] MeshRef with vao id 19159 with 36 indices is leaking memory, missing call to Dispose. Set env var VAO_DEBUG_DISPOSE to get allocation trace.
10.4.2021 11:47:27 [Notification] Destroying game session, waiting up to 200ms for client threads to exit

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/18/2021 at 5:30 PM, Rhonen said:

this is an option.
if you want do this, you can easily change the waterwheel json in the /assets of mod-zip.

attributes: {
		handbook: {
			groupBy: ["waterwheelbase-*"]
		},
		damagePerTick : 1,
	},

change damagePerTick to 0

I can't find this config file. Where exactly is it ???

I've tested water wheel connected to quern . 1 iron repair kit adds 29% of durability. It is enough to grind 11 stacks. New waterwheel (100% durabilty) can grind about 36 stacks. I think its very very low productivity if producing one water wheel needs 32 iron ingots, 2 brass and 6 steel ingots (overshot variant).

My hammer powered by waterwheel (the same overshot variant as above) was in use many months (I turn if on only for forging) and it has 56% still. It's weird !!! Does use for hammering have differenr durability effect than usage for quern ???

Edited by DrEngine

21 hours ago, DrEngine said:

Does use for hammering have differenr durability

no it has no different durability reduce.

21 hours ago, DrEngine said:

I can't find this config file. Where exactly is it ???

zip-file\assets\medievalexpansion\itemtypes\part\waterwheelspin.json

Please note: manipulate the mod is your own risk

Edited by Rhonen

12 hours ago, Hexedian said:

The water wheel flume with hatch seems to have an FPS bug. When placed, even if not connected, it causes spikes in FPS render times that causes older computers to stutter.

thanks for the information.
i am not using any custom renderer. only using technics from the vanilla game - combined loading of 2 shapes and the rendering of the water, as same as the barrel is using.
So may be the combination is not good for older computers. but i don't think that i can change that, without remove one of both technics.

17 hours ago, Hexedian said:

Could it be too many update checks?

possible.

17 hours ago, Hexedian said:

How often does the flume hatch check its surrounding for water?

depends how often the entity is called by engine, the check is not called by the mod itself. and it checks only in front, not sorrounded.

Edited by Rhonen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.