Medieval expansion

Rhonen

Released: Version 3.2.2

Fix rendering errors

7 minutes ago, Mabmoro said:

What exactly is a penstock?

see image-link: https://www.alternative-energy-tutorials.com/images/stories/hydro/alt74.gif
may be that image helps.

May be "Flume" would be a better wording, but in context of watherwheel i found "Penstock". Sorry dude.

Edited by Rhonen

The MP Network has no kW output information. it has only speed and torque. so, no sure what kind of information you mean.
if you mean output of speed, i can do that instead of the efficency, but would not provide more information.
But as a hint, the efficency is a cumulative information of speed 1.0 - speed is shown on the windmill-rotor.

Edited by Rhonen

9 hours ago, Rhonen said:

The MP Network has no kW output information. it has only speed and torque. so, no sure what kind of information you mean.
if you mean output of speed, i can do that instead of the efficency, but would not provide more information.
But as a hint, the efficency is a cumulative information of speed 1.0 - speed is shown on the windmill-rotor.

How does the power of your wheel compare to the power of the wind turbine? The same? Twice as much? Twice smaller? Just write the corresponding kW so that it can be understood.

10 hours ago, DArkHekRoMaNT said:

How does the power of your wheel compare to the power of the wind turbine? The same? Twice as much? Twice smaller? Just write the corresponding kW so that it can be understood.

as already written:
The efficency is a cumulative information of speed shown on the windmill-rotor.
So Efficency 100 of a waterwheel would be Speed 1.0 of windmill-rotor.

9 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

At what height does it become more efficient to use a 20-sail fully ready windmill instead of your most powerful waterwheel?

what do you mean with "at what height" ? sorry i don't understand what you want to know.
But for the easier way to get argument: Sure, it must be easier to get. but it depends on wind-speed. The waterwheel is more or less a permant energy source.
It will get a healthpoint emitter, so you must repair it in future. no it will not get destroyed, will only stop working then.

14 minutes ago, Rhonen said:

as already written:
The efficency is a cumulative information of speed shown on the windmill-rotor.
So Efficency 100 of a waterwheel would be Speed 1.0 of windmill-rotor.

Will the torque also be like a windmill rotor?  Perhaps then just add 100kW to make it clear that the wheel power is identical.

2 hours ago, DArkHekRoMaNT said:

Maybe then output the corresponding power? It would help a lot. It's hard to compare a water wheel to a windmill now.

i understand your point. but there is no real power output info on the windmill.

sb.AppendLine(string.Format(Lang.Get("Wind speed: {0}%", (int)(100.0 * windSpeed))));
sb.AppendLine(Lang.Get("Sails power output: {0} kN", (int)((float)sailLength / 5f * 100f)));

That is the power info of the Windmill-Rotor.
It's not telling about the speed output to the MP-Network.

so what would be a corresponding power for you? Speed 0.85? it would be only a fake information, so efficency is more or less same info.
if you have an idea for meaningful information, let me know.
i have no idea how to compare that windmill-rotor power info with a waterwheel power.

2 hours ago, DArkHekRoMaNT said:

Are you using other wood texture?

yes

Edited by Rhonen

On 3.3.3, I cannot get over 45% efficient on breastshot, even in a creative test world. Is this intentional or am I doing something wrong?

Update: Sorry, my misunderstanding! I read the guide in-game and I see those are the set values for efficiency. I was confused because in your videos I saw them at 60% for breastshot. 45% is very low, it is hardly worth it to get this as it will run a helvehammer sooooo slow at that speed. And I see with the steel that you have to put into it now (ouch) you can't reach 100% even utilizing overshot with flumes and steel hatch. Then we are going to have to upkeep it or it will die? With the cost in iron+steel+maintenance, lack of power, inability to reach 100%, how is this ever better than a 20-sail setup? I request please either make it more powerful or cheaper or no maintenance.

2021-01-16_20-23-37.png

Edited by pawsbrake

6 hours ago, pawsbrake said:

was confused because in your videos I saw them at 60% for breastshot.

that was before balancing.

45% is very low, it is hardly worth it to get this as it will run a helvehammer sooooo slow at that speed

Helvehammer have high requirements, i guess. Test it with a windmill to get compareable data. :)
The MaxStrength of 30, 45 and 85 percent are the result of gathering real waterwheel informations and testing / balancing.
So you can combine multiple waterwheels, or try a complex transmission.

I request please either make it more powerful or cheaper or no maintenance.

if you want change the default setting, edit the config files, as noted in handbook and in the topic's notes of 3.3.1 ;)

/VintagestoryData/ModConfig/medievalexpsion/

@DArkHekRoMaNT

by watching again and again, i guess you can compare the Percentage identically to the kiloNewton of the Windwill-Rotor.
With one point difference: The Windmill-rotor is always showing the information, ignoring the speed.

so, the 85% efficency is ingame the same value like 85kN on the Windmill. not exactly, but close.

Edited by Rhonen

9 hours ago, Rhonen said:

that was before balancing.

Helvehammer have high requirements, i guess. Test it with a windmill to get compareable data. :)
The MaxStrength of 30, 45 and 85 percent are the result of gathering real waterwheel informations and testing / balancing.
So you can combine multiple waterwheels, or try a complex transmission.

if you want change the default setting, edit the config files, as noted in handbook and in the topic's notes of 3.3.1 ;)

/VintagestoryData/ModConfig/medievalexpsion/

@Rhonen Thank you! Modifying these values is exactly what I needed. Sorry I didn't explain myself better.

On 4/21/2020 at 10:34 AM, Rhonen said:

in the survivalhandbook should be the Portcullis-part available.
one "problem" is that the part's recipe rotate also the reverse-construction.
you have to craft it normally with

image.png.f6904775fee7cd9613026abc7a2e0e01.png

its realy simpel for now, but its the first version though :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.