Simple HUD Clock

Rhonen

Rhonen, Rift activity is server wide and changes with time, its displayed also in the environment window(C) since like umm 1.5.8? Basically some nights/day can range from calm, medium, high, very high, apollyptic and influences the spawn of surface and deep drifters. So some nights out are easier than others depending on time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aledark said:

Rhonen, Rift activity is server wide and changes with time, its displayed also in the environment window(C) since like umm 1.5.8? Basically some nights/day can range from calm, medium, high, very high, apollyptic and influences the spawn of surface and deep drifters. So some nights out are easier than others depending on time.

ah okay, we play still on 1.15.7 :D so i did not see that information yet.
Hmm may be it could be an optional display... i will think about it.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Rhonen, I still love this mod but I think I may be running into a strange performance issue.

I had been experiencing strange, regular hiccups in my framerate--but only on single-player games--where every 1.5 seconds or so, I'd have a frame that took like half a second to render, but in between, the FPS would return to a stable 60 (vsync). I think, but cannot be certain, that it started with version 2.5.0 (it started so long ago, and I didn't identify the cause until very recently). I mentioned it in the AF discord chat, and was told that the issue was from the clientside mod querying the server for the serverside mod, which isn't available on singleplayer.

I removed the mod from my singleplayer, and lo and behold, my framerate is no plagued by regular long frame times.

• Like 1

the mmain thing is, that the mod tries only all 5 seconds to request an information by a message channel. the message channel system is given by the game itself.
it's like a Messaging system in other languages, as i understood. so it's not that the mod is waiting for a message and blocks the ui until a timeout or something.
so i can not see what the 1.5 seconds peeks are comming from. on my 2 years old system i have no peeks, with and without the 'server-side' mod for the hud.

i believe your words, may be there is something, what is not optimal... may be. i am no expert in c-sharp, nor with this ui-framework. also the hud-update interval is not 1.5 secs.

so, i have no idea why you have peeks on this interval. :(

For now, I'll probably just have to turn off the mod when I'm playing singleplayer. It doesn't appear to happen when I'm playing on a server, whether or not the HUDClock server-side mod is installed. If I get a chance to fiddle with it and find out anything else about it that I think might be relevant, I'll certainly come back with more info!

9 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

I swear I was experiencing similar issues once

ye i remember that. and i am sure your interval was close to that 1.5s.
after have all working for 1.16.0, i will try to investigate again about that. but i can not promise anything, while did not found any kind of causer last time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Joseph Rust said:

so i cant seem to get the mod to work for myself. i can see in the mod list that its there but there are no setting for it showing up and also doesnt show anything in my game. im on single player so im not sure if ive done something wrong

Version of VS you are playing on and version of the mod you are using?

Just now, Joseph Rust said:

sorry i live in america and i was up all night trying to get all the mods i havve working and the only one was hud clock sadly. i am runnin 1.15 version of the game and 2.5.0 of the mod. 

ESC- Settings-Controls...scroll down until you see the shortcut keys for the mod...check if you use those if the UI shows up or not and the options.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.