Simple HUD Clock

Rhonen

2 hours ago, Rhonen said:

which localisation is active in your game? so i can try to reproduce it with same locale. :)

I  am running VS in english even though Windows 10 Home is german. Your mod worked just fine for me in 1.16.5.

EDIT: I just fiddled around with some game settings. The experienced display seem to occur when I untick the stability game mechanics, which I did in my current game, altough I am playing with temporal storms active.  

Edited by Eckebrecht

• 4 months later...

Looks like the mod is not working in 1.17.11 .NET 7 edition due to the changes in the VS' API

Game Version: .net7 Experimental build - v1.17.11-rc.1 (Unstable)
02/06/2023 19:24:43: Critical error occurred in the following mod: hudclock@2.8.0
Loaded Mods: game@1.17.11-rc.1, hudclock@2.8.0, prospectorinfo@4.1.2, creative@1.17.11-rc.1, survival@1.17.11-rc.1

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Vintagestory.API.Client.IInputAPI.RegisterHotKey(System.String, System.String, Vintagestory.API.Client.GlKeys, Vintagestory.API.Client.HotkeyType, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)'.

at hudclock.src.busineslogic.ClockModSettingsController.RegisterHotKey()
   at hudclock.src.busineslogic.ClockModSettingsController..ctor(ICoreClientAPI clientApi) in D:\development\VintageStoryMods\solution\Mods\hudclock\src\busineslogic\ClockModSettingsController.cs:line 31
   at hudlock.src.HUDClockMod.PlayerReady(EnumHandling& handling) in D:\development\VintageStoryMods\solution\Mods\hudclock\src\HUDClockMod.cs:line 39
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventAPI.TriggerIsPlayerReady() in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game-net7\VintagestoryLib\Client\API\ClientEventAPI.cs:line 352

Attaching the client-crash.txtclient-crash.txt

19 hours ago, BenLi said:

Looks like the mod is not working in 1.17.11 .NET 7 edition due to the changes in the VS' API

may be unstable problem.

can not confirm any trouble with the latest stable 1.17.11. also checked the API, mod build had no errors :(
i would wondering, that Thyron makes API changes in such a late version.

i am not sure what you mean with that ".net 7 edition", but the game does not deliver different APIs, based on the .net version ;)

Edited by Rhonen
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Rhonen said:

may be unstable problem.

can not confirm any trouble with the latest stable 1.17.11. also checked the API, mod build had no errors :(
i would wondering, that Thyron makes API changes in such a late version.

this occurred when trying to connect 1.17.11 .net7 client to 1.17.11 regular version' world over LAN.

I.e quite an extreme situation.

It is possible that client+server of 1.17.11 stable cannot accept 1.17.11 .net7 connection attempts or vice versa.

anyway calling RegisterHotKey() fails on my setup of 2 machines running stable and .net7 versions respectively :(

understood, but i think this depends on

because the method of the API is not in that build.

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Vintagestory.API.Client.IInputAPI.RegisterHotKey(System.String, System.String, Vintagestory.API.Client.GlKeys, Vintagestory.API.Client.HotkeyType, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)'.

Edited by Rhonen
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rhonen said:

understood, but i think this depends on

because the method of the API is not in that build.

You are totally correct.

It fails on .net7 RC version, and most probably .net7 build has new API that doesn't have that method.

Thanks for great and yet simple mod

• 4 weeks later...

hello, to start with.

I really like ur hud, but recently i have one error compatibility between the mod called "culinary artillery" and "simple hud clock".

I don't know which file causes the compatibility failure but when i put them toghether, the game quit.

3 hours ago, NOVTME said:

I don't know which file causes the compatibility failure but when i put them toghether, the game quit.

can you post the error-message from the game?
Overall, the HudClock does not override any vanilla file - so should be compatible to any mod.

20 hours ago, Rhonen said:

for me its workign the dot-net7 version. any messages in your logs?

It just started randomly working last night upon further restarting of the game and changing servers and now it just seems to work as intended

Hey @Rhonen, i know i asked in the past and you werent ready for it/wanted to do it but over past year+ ive heard this particular request from people using your mod from over 50ppl least in chat or question

It'be very nice to have that one too as its essential to know how risky/dangerous or not it is to venture at night nearby the current active rifts.

Rift Activity, just the text calm,low,medium,high,veryhigh,apocalyptic) would be a 100% welcome addition in the mod. To be honest i wish the basic UI of vanilla would show it, but doesnt and you have no way to tell without popping up env window from hitting C to see it.

riftpatterns.json below as reference:

{
    patterns: [
        { code: "calm", chance: 0.4, mobSpawnMul: 0, durationHours: { avg: 15, var: 10 }, startTotalHours: 72 },
        { code: "low", chance: 0.15, mobSpawnMul: 0.2, durationHours: { avg: 15, var: 10 }, startTotalHours: 72 },
        { code: "medium", chance: 0.3, mobSpawnMul: 1, durationHours: { avg: 15, var: 10 }, startTotalHours: 0 },
        { code: "high", chance: 0.15, mobSpawnMul: 1.5, durationHours: { avg: 9, var: 5}, startTotalHours: 72 },
        { code: "veryhigh", chance: 0.05, mobSpawnMul: 2, durationHours: { avg: 7, var: 3}, startTotalHours: 480 },
        { code: "apocalyptic", chance: 0.02, mobSpawnMul: 4, durationHours: { avg: 5, var: 2 }, startTotalHours: 720 }
    ]
}

In the end, totally your call with the time you wanna spend on it/or not but i know everyone would be mega thankful for this feature sir :)
-----------------------

I got other ideas which would be gladly welcome but this one would be on top of everyone with wind %
but i understand 100% if your only maintaining the mod for versions and not developping it.

Hugs

Aledark

10 hours ago, Aledark said:

Rift Activity, just the text calm,low,medium,high,veryhigh,apocalyptic) would be a 100% welcome addition in the mod

i understand that point, and i also would be happy to have that info ;)
the point is: is there an API to gather that informations? i would not recommend to scan x * y * z blocks activly.

i am currently investigate some ideas, but it currently takes time. i agree about that info, but can not promise until i have no access to that info by the api.

7 hours ago, Rhonen said:

i understand that point, and i also would be happy to have that info ;)
the point is: is there an API to gather that informations? i would not recommend to scan x * y * z blocks activly.

i am currently investigate some ideas, but it currently takes time. i agree about that info, but can not promise until i have no access to that info by the api.

https://github.com/anegostudios/vssurvivalmod/tree/master/Systems/Rifts
https://github.com/anegostudios/vssurvivalmod/blob/master/Systems/Rifts/RiftWeather.cs

on 2nd link, im pretty sure, youd get that info with the client side updated pattern which is server wide everyone gets low or medium or apolyptic on MP.

3 hours ago, BenLi said:

he wind activity and the rift activity are warm highly appreciated additions

I wish we could have it also for 1.17.11

i am happy that you all love the mod. And i understand the wishes for 1.17.11.
But i have not the time to make modding as a fulltime job. so i set my focus on 1.18.0

Edited by Rhonen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey Rhonen! 

ich würde Deinen tollen Mod auch gerne benutzen aber leider bekomme ich beim Starten einen Crash mit folgender Meldung:

Running on 64 bit Windows with 12 GB RAM 
Game Version: v1.17.11 (Stable)
23.03.2023 21:14:42: Critical error occurred in the following mod: hudclock@2.9.0-pre.2
Loaded Mods: game@1.17.11, hudclock@2.9.0-pre.2, stepup@1.2.0, creative@1.17.11, survival@1.17.11
System.MissingFieldException: Feld nicht gefunden: "Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity.Pos".
   bei hudclock.src.ui.ClaimAreaDialog.RequestClaimInfoOfPlayerPosition(Single gameTick)
   bei hudclock.src.ui.ClaimAreaDialog.Build()
   bei hudclock.src.busineslogic.ClaimDialogController..ctor(ICoreClientAPI clientApi, ClockModSettingsController clockModSettingsController)
   bei hudlock.src.HUDClockMod.PlayerReady(EnumHandling& handling)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventAPI.TriggerIsPlayerReady() in VintagestoryLib\Client\API\ClientEventAPI.cs:Zeile 352.
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.GeneralPacketHandler.HandlePlayerData(Packet_Server packet) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\GeneralPacketHandler.cs:Zeile 708.
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.ExecuteMainThreadTasks(Single deltaTime) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:Zeile 1139.
   bei Vintagestory.Client.GuiScreenConnectingToServer.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\MainMenu\Screens\GuiScreenConnectingToServer.cs:Zeile 381.
   bei Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.Render(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ScreenManager.cs:Zeile 720.
   bei Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.OnNewFrame(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ScreenManager.cs:Zeile 624.
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\GameWindow.cs:Zeile 131.
   bei System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:Zeile 479.
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame() in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:Zeile 454.
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:Zeile 375.
   bei Vintagestory.Client.ClientProgram.Start(ClientProgramArgs args, String[] rawArgs)
   bei Vintagestory.ClientNative.CrashReporter.Start(ThreadStart start) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\ClientNative\CrashReporter.cs:Zeile 93.

Ich hoffe, Du wirst daraus schlau und kannst mir helfen. ^^

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.