Necessaries - now with a repairing ability! [1.1.1]

ZigTheHedge

• ZigTheHedge changed the title to Necessaries - many things to make your survival experience better! [0.7.7-B]
  • ZigTheHedge changed the title to Necessaries - many things to make your survival experience better! [0.7.8-B]

When player tries to use branchcutter, his client crashes and this exception are logged:

[code].Version: v1.14.2 (Stable)Вс 13.12.20 20:35:11: Critical error occurred
System.MissingMethodException: Метод не найден: "Void Vintagestory.API.Common.IWorldAccessor.SpawnItemEntity(Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemStack, Vintagestory.API.MathTools.Vec3d, Vintagestory.API.MathTools.Vec3d)".
   в necessaries.src.ItemBranchcutter.OnBlockBrokenWith(IWorldAccessor world, Entity byEntity, ItemSlot itemslot, BlockSelection blockSel, Single dropQuantityMultiplier)
   в Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.OnPlayerTryDestroyBlock(BlockSelection blockSelection)
   в Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.ContinueBreakSurvival(BlockSelection blockSelection, Block block, Single dt)
   в Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.HandleMouseInteractionsBlockSelected(Single dt)
   в Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.OnFinalizeFrame(Single dt)
   в Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   в Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   в Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt)
   в _uWwiuXC8cGTH1JnsWiUY9FUaXOo._X2niSFpb8ndF6zWsCcobp5QBcvO(Single )
   в _ydpin5JFjepNgd3JOZRb2z5I5Fg._LvRZFcsDWyPwKLB1F2UK7fQ2N6d(Single )
   в _ydpin5JFjepNgd3JOZRb2z5I5Fg._GO2qaUrk9dl0IceTLiA7P4LcpAB(Single )
   в Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   в System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   в OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp)
   в OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   в OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   в _Ine8FeGTtDXciSIfaZMHMwCLKGBA._8puLW8J44fiq3A5hthQTfB8WNxc(_SbVlAI6dJIZ4JRt0da0lu23DF14 , String[] )
   в _lErb0L2e9E9htuT2VVnAsXIZqc7A._8puLW8J44fiq3A5hthQTfB8WNxc(ThreadStart )
-------------------------------
Version: v1.14.2 (Stable)Вс 13.12.20 20:36:10: Critical error occurred
System.MissingMethodException: Метод не найден: "Void Vintagestory.API.Common.IWorldAccessor.SpawnItemEntity(Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemStack, Vintagestory.API.MathTools.Vec3d, Vintagestory.API.MathTools.Vec3d)".
   в necessaries.src.ItemBranchcutter.OnBlockBrokenWith(IWorldAccessor world, Entity byEntity, ItemSlot itemslot, BlockSelection blockSel, Single dropQuantityMultiplier)
   в Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.OnPlayerTryDestroyBlock(BlockSelection blockSelection)
   в Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.ContinueBreakSurvival(BlockSelection blockSelection, Block block, Single dt)
   в Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.HandleMouseInteractionsBlockSelected(Single dt)
   в Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.OnFinalizeFrame(Single dt)
   в Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   в Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   в Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt)
   в _uWwiuXC8cGTH1JnsWiUY9FUaXOo._X2niSFpb8ndF6zWsCcobp5QBcvO(Single )
   в _ydpin5JFjepNgd3JOZRb2z5I5Fg._LvRZFcsDWyPwKLB1F2UK7fQ2N6d(Single )
   в _ydpin5JFjepNgd3JOZRb2z5I5Fg._GO2qaUrk9dl0IceTLiA7P4LcpAB(Single )
   в Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   в System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   в OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp)
   в OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   в OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   в _Ine8FeGTtDXciSIfaZMHMwCLKGBA._8puLW8J44fiq3A5hthQTfB8WNxc(_SbVlAI6dJIZ4JRt0da0lu23DF14 , String[] )
   в _lErb0L2e9E9htuT2VVnAsXIZqc7A._8puLW8J44fiq3A5hthQTfB8WNxc(ThreadStart )
[/code]

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, ZigTheHedge said:

@Ballsm hey!

You should put the file on server in Mods folder and in Mods folder in your and your wife’s installations. To connect to server, mod list should be the same on clients.

What is path to the mods server folder exactly, just make sure I'm putting it in the right one. Also i just put the zip file or extract to folder? 

I have a mods folder in "Vintagestory" and another mods folder in "VintagestoryData"

Edited by Ballsm

• ZigTheHedge changed the title to Necessaries - now with a repairing ability! [0.8.2-B]

Thanks in advance for all the hard work, really enjoy the mod!!  I just added your update to our existing survival MP world, was able to craft the grindstone...but when I tried to place it on the floor all players crashed.  This is my Client crash log:

Version: v1.14.5 (Stable)1/17/2021 9:54:56 PM: Critical error occurred
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at necessaries.src.SharpenerStuff.BEGrindstone.InitAnimator()
   at necessaries.src.SharpenerStuff.BEGrindstone.Initialize(ICoreAPI api)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientWorldMap.SpawnBlockEntity(String classname, BlockPos position, ItemStack byItemStack)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Block.OnBlockPlaced(IWorldAccessor world, BlockPos blockPos, ItemStack byItemStack)
   at Vintagestory.Common.BlockAccessorRelaxed.SetBlock(Int32 blockId, BlockPos pos, ItemStack byItemstack)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.GeneralPacketHandler.HandleSetBlock(_GD9ciVuaLSuqhaQHk9gF8TzYyWl packet)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.ExecuteMainThreadTasks(Single deltaTime)
   at _Vq7Xo4xIdbZDwh8iDcGnovGKH7D._5RNBrkQoxljreqLqfZ3LUVDaIrr(Single )
   at _7KGTxxuvfNubJZCLAMEMJZBkPDeA._07k4LSTgxALpYbS1S6K07SItFcH(Single )
   at _7KGTxxuvfNubJZCLAMEMJZBkPDeA._aysJzMcCvicDqo8MC3TmjcDsfdZ(Single )
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   at _4eRDDOqtbaPbgjN2dJ1zzD1FCRy._ExJp6VhLWG4xQoHsVn72tgyNbeG(_bWl72q5sGuTQypu8W8r7cRXUcRF , String[] )
   at _XKAWv6MyciUiZmECUonQCwPaCwE._ExJp6VhLWG4xQoHsVn72tgyNbeG(ThreadStart )

The server was still running though and we were able to join back in, but the block that was on the ground was the leather block.  Maybe another mod interfering?  

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

6 hours ago, ZigTheHedge said:

I will add a check if the Animator is failing to initialize just in case. But the grindstone should not turn into leather block anyway... Can you check if its working in sigleplayer with your modpack?

Yes, it appears to be working on single player (new world)

I’m afraid there’s not much I can do then... Even if I add a failcheck about animator crash, you won’t be able to use it as a grindstone... I’ve heard there is some weird bug, when collectable mappings on a server gets corrupted. This resulting in such behavior like yours. You can try to add some other mod which adds complex blocks (not just decorations), and see if everything will be fine. If not - I have a bad news for you :(

Loving this mod, especially the new grindstone! I have two questions/suggestions to go with your new grindstone. The first is, will we later be able to make a version of grinder that is mechanically powered, for those in the later ages, and would you be willing to make a config that allows people to change how much repair to loss there is?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Malicante said:

Loving this mod, especially the new grindstone!

Thanks! )

11 minutes ago, Malicante said:

will we later be able to make a version of grinder that is mechanically powered

No. At least not in this form. Automated repairing is kinda cheaty :)

11 minutes ago, Malicante said:

would you be willing to make a config that allows people to change how much repair to loss there is?

Yes! That is actually planned already.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

All mechanical power is cheaty.

Not exactly. It should take effort to build a system which is capable of doing (almost) free tool repairs automatically. And this system must be expensive enough to negate the "cheaty" part. That's why I told that THIS system won't be automatable. But I'll create a more complex one for this purpose.

• Haha 1

• ZigTheHedge changed the title to Necessaries - now with a repairing ability! [0.8.3-B]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.