Necessaries - now with a repairing ability! [1.1.1]

ZigTheHedge

@Gojira20 unfortunately, Branchy leaves tend to drop sticks when broken. So, it would be infinite stick source if the Branch cutter collect it. I can patch "stick drop" out, but afterwards you won't be able to get sticks from it in any way, and that's not good. I can allow the Branch cutter to get regular (not branchy) leaves when using Branch cutter on them, but I think - that's not what you want.

20 hours ago, ZigTheHedge said:

@Travis Pluid yeah, it’s possible, but wouldn’t it confuse players? I’ll add it as a configurable option :)

Just an option I thought I might toss out- it might be a bit confusing, but it maintains the ability to get sticks, AND also gives branchy leaf blocks to play with. Just seems like a good middle ground to me. Of course, it's your mod. You decide what you do with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Because people that are far away from each other often trade items via mail but this does not favour survival very much if everyone can give items to everybody anytime. I think there should be a little price that people have to pay to get items they normally would not have access to. On our roleplay server people have to choose a main profession, so the amount of items people own also often differs with their profession. A blacksmith having less vegetables than a farmer etc And most people on my server wish for this. Plus in real life you also have to pay for the postal service. Maybe the upcoming vanilla mailboxes will have this, i don't know. If not we would stick to your mailboxes, if you add this feature.

Edited by CoB_Kai
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

i set the mailbox limit to 2 and someone told me that he has one but cant place another because the game tells him he has two. he had one before, then we disabled the mod temporarely, he broke the question mark box. now the mod has been re-enabled. and he is getting that message. is there a way to reset the count? like unbind the current mailboxes from a player

Edited by CoB_Kai

I get this error trying to use necessaries_v1.15.5-1.0.2.zip with VS 1.16 RC8.

18:55:12 [Server Error] [necessaries] An exception was thrown when trying to start the mod:
System.TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 01000063 from typeref (expected class 'Vintagestory.API.Common.Action' in assembly 'VintagestoryAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null')
  at Vintagestory.Common.ModLoader.TryStartSystem (Vintagestory.API.Common.Mod mod, Vintagestory.API.Common.ModSystem system, Vintagestory.API.Common.ICoreAPI api, Vintagestory.Common.ModEventPhase phase) [0x00032] in <e9ac1be8a5f24f8da990a2f3ddb56a77>:0
18:55:12 [Server Error] Failed to start system necessaries.src.Necessaries

• ZigTheHedge changed the title to Necessaries - now with a repairing ability! [1.1.0]
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2022 at 9:11 AM, Yvette Forty said:

but the vine climbing is not working.

Cannot reproduce :( Can you make a screenshot with the exact vine which is not climbable? And make sure you haven't disabled vine climbing in configs.

On 1/25/2022 at 1:32 PM, Scout said:

There's a bug with how the grindstone on the assembly is displayed in 1.16.1.

Now fixed (v1.1.1).

v1.1.1
  • Fixed bogus sharpening disc on Grindstone assembly
  • Thanks 1

• ZigTheHedge changed the title to Necessaries - now with a repairing ability! [1.1.1]
  • 8 months later...
On 10/19/2021 at 5:22 AM, ZigTheHedge said:

@Gojira20 unfortunately, Branchy leaves tend to drop sticks when broken. So, it would be infinite stick source if the Branch cutter collect it. I can patch "stick drop" out, but afterwards you won't be able to get sticks from it in any way, and that's not good. I can allow the Branch cutter to get regular (not branchy) leaves when using Branch cutter on them, but I think - that's not what you want.

Could you add in a recipe to craft branchy leaves from a stick and leaves?  I'm interested in making a tree that I can climb.  :D
It would still be balanced to have the branchy leaves drop the leaves and the branch.  Then you can recraft them if you like.  Not exactly "realistic", but a reasonably balanced fix.

Unrelated, in 1.17.6, I can craft and use a steel branch cutter, but the item name isn't defined.  Or, is it intended to have the steel and meteoric iron variants prohibited?

EDIT: Looking around, I think that the name issue is due to missing names in the en.json.  And, I bet the branchy leaves recipe is an easy json only add if I can figure out the leaf block names.

Edited by Ginko72

So, I tried adding a recipe called...

branchyleaves.json
{
    "ingredientPattern": "LS",
    recipeGroup: 1,
    "ingredients": {
      "L": {
        type: "block",
        code: "game:leaves-grown-*",
        name: "type"
      },
      "S": {
        type: "item",
        code: "game:stick",
      }
    },
    "width": 2,
    "height": 1,
    "shapeless": true,
    "output": { type: "block", code: "game:leavesbranchy-grown-{type}" }
   }

This allows me to make branchy leaves from sticks and leaves.  I humbly submit it for the next mod update.  :D 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.