Necessaries - now with a repairing ability! [1.1.1]

ZigTheHedge

• 3 weeks later...

I love the grindstone mechanics but I'm having a few difficulties related to making glue:

1. The Lead Vessel (Cover) molds each require 500 units of metal. I tried filling the mold with molten copper as metal but that didn't work. Is it because the only metal accepted is lead? I know it's in the name of the object but it would be great to specify this explicitly e.g.: in the description in the handbook (for non-English speakers like me :).

2. Does anyone know how to make the sulfuric acid (required for gluten)? It's not listed in the handbook and I couldn't find it back on the forum.

2 hours ago, Thorrific said:

I know it's in the name of the object but it would be great to specify this explicitly e.g.: in the description in the handbook (for non-English speakers like me :).

I cannot check right now, but I thought it is stated in a description of mold itself. No?

2 hours ago, Thorrific said:

Does anyone know how to make the sulfuric acid (required for gluten)? It's not listed in the handbook and I couldn't find it back on the forum.

Just place the bottom part of Lead Vessel on the ground, and follow the tooltips on a top popup infobox.

Thank you for the quick reply! I checked the descriptions on the objects itself & in the handbook (as well as the molds) but they don't specify the only accepted metal is lead.
The description does mention the object is used to create sulfuric acid so once I find some galena I'm sure the tooltips will be sufficient :)

2021-05-04_13-42-48.png

• ZigTheHedge changed the title to Necessaries - now with a repairing ability! [0.8.10]
  • 4 weeks later...

My base is in a jungle, I always make my base in a jungle, I hate snow, and, of course, there are lots of vines.  Being able to climb vines can be handy, but the fact that you automatically climb vines is very annoying if you have a base in a jungle. You can hardly walk 3 blocks without going up a vine. Can this be fixed?  Please?

@breeze108 ah, that could be a problem. Actually, I don’t remember if this setting is client-only, or server-wide. You can try anyway, or ask your server admin to disable it on a server side. I will think about something that could make vines climbing less frustrating, but I’m mostly sure it will be for 1.15 and newer…

• Like 1

Hello, I just tried v0.8.10 & 1.15rc2 and placing the grindstone assembly is crashing the game.

Spoiler

Running on 64 bit Windows with 16 GB RAM
Version: v1.15.0-rc.2 (Unstable)09.07.2021 17:09:37: Critical error occurred
System.MissingFieldException: Feld nicht gefunden: "Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityAnimationUtil.render".
   bei necessaries.src.SharpenerStuff.BEGrindstone.InitAnimator()
   bei necessaries.src.SharpenerStuff.BEGrindstone.Initialize(ICoreAPI api)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientWorldMap.SpawnBlockEntity(String classname, BlockPos position, ItemStack byItemStack)
   bei Vintagestory.API.Common.Block.OnBlockPlaced(IWorldAccessor world, BlockPos blockPos, ItemStack byItemStack)
   bei Vintagestory.Common.BlockAccessorRelaxed.SetBlock(Int32 blockId, BlockPos pos, ItemStack byItemstack)
   bei Vintagestory.API.Common.Block.DoPlaceBlock(IWorldAccessor world, IPlayer byPlayer, BlockSelection blockSel, ItemStack byItemStack)
   bei Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockBehaviorHorizontalOrientable.TryPlaceBlock(IWorldAccessor world, IPlayer byPlayer, ItemStack itemstack, BlockSelection blockSel, EnumHandling& handling, String& failureCode)
   bei Vintagestory.API.Common.Block.TryPlaceBlock(IWorldAccessor world, IPlayer byPlayer, ItemStack itemstack, BlockSelection blockSel, String& failureCode)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.OnPlayerTryPlace(BlockSelection blockSelection, String& failureCode)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.OnBlockBuild(BlockSelection blockSelection, Block onBlock, String& failureCode)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.HandleMouseInteractionsBlockSelected(Single dt)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.OnFinalizeFrame(Single dt)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt)
   bei _X4oiR3U2XxSx0gxbsosopSbJxlG._uhfxS2TdR49jQLYiobD3W6vbSqA(Single )
   bei _TCvfZRHOSTvvIGLFUBoTr70UaIB._aN1SqkxDPvAUoiRD2Zzh6ho2GXb(Single )
   bei _TCvfZRHOSTvvIGLFUBoTr70UaIB._fHCxxoIlSqbT6h4EgNktyNt2m9d(Single )
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   bei System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp)
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   bei _lQfc4qK0H0CxXxZeh5z4bde6UoS._RKyCnMSkLS8JAfO4ZbshWWWSELg(_amCdeQmOWwCsyohZxvSdF6gCT2W , String[] )
   bei _GxxfHWxIWwVb1Y9wUYSrP1oCoUX._RKyCnMSkLS8JAfO4ZbshWWWSELg(ThreadStart )
-------------------------------

• ZigTheHedge changed the title to Necessaries - now with a repairing ability! [0.8.11]
  • 2 weeks later...
  • ZigTheHedge changed the title to Necessaries - now with a repairing ability! [0.8.12]
  • ZigTheHedge changed the title to Necessaries - now with a repairing ability! [1.0.0]
6 minutes ago, Shirelagel said:

Grind wheel i neat as hell. Any chance it could be attached to my mill for automation? 

Not yet, it’s planned although.

7 minutes ago, Shirelagel said:

Also, tooltips or something to guide the creation of sulphuric acid would be nice.

They are :) take a look at top of the screen when preparing

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.