too much grinding

chromatom

7 minutes ago, Hal13 said:

as you do stuff when awake i think you lose saturation a bit faster when awake, other than that sleeping gets rid of most of the dark parts of the night and you are rather safe from mobs while you sleep.

If stay in your base you don´t have to bother with enemies, you can do panning, metal smelting, cooking and crafing during the night. With fences you do your harvesting during the night aswell. And personally i think surface drifters are a minor problem. Sure, wolves are harder to spot at night and it´s harder to run, but if you are in wolf free zones or close to base there is no mayor problem. I haven´t really compared saturation, but the difference much be pretty small.

48 minutes ago, Fredrik Blomquist said:

If stay in your base you don´t have to bother with enemies, you can do panning, metal smelting, cooking and crafing during the night. With fences you do your harvesting during the night aswell. And personally i think surface drifters are a minor problem. Sure, wolves are harder to spot at night and it´s harder to run, but if you are in wolf free zones or close to base there is no mayor problem. I haven´t really compared saturation, but the difference much be pretty small.

Sadly even if I stay in my base, several drifters (surface and deep ones) will spawn in the cellar where ich store food stuff. I can prevent most of that by skipping most of the night. No idea since when slaps and lights do not prevent mobspawns anymore.

I guess i could comment - i always considered myself fond of "grindy" games - to a certain limit, since many of the games i liked by many where considered grindy. That was until i found a pretty good review that analyzed what grindy actually means. After all, many games include pressing the "fire"-button 123.349 times to shoot down 12.983 enemy's to progress, but that is rarely considered "grindy". But if you have to press a button the same amount of time to for instance farm copper that is usually considered as grind. Now, if you find the game interesting, if the road towards getting capturing, you don't count the amount of times you have to press the button.

The reason i fell for Vintage story is the more realistic apporach to crafting that the game has taken. 1000 % realism is nothing anyone wants, but i think this is a sort of game that attracts people like me, and i think it would be stupid to move away from that path. I do find that certain moments in the game tends to get a little boring, but i think more things to explore in the world, more crafting options would help to overcome that, not less "grinding".

• Like 1

"Grinding is the game" might sound derogatory, but it's true. If you can't have fun scrounging up just enough copper to make an anvil so you can smack pixels for 3 minutes just to make a pickaxe, then this is probably not going to be an enjoyable game for you. 
I am the kind of idiot who will happily sit in front of a wall chiseling it for 20 minutes just so it looks nice. For some reason, that is fun to me. Everything I do in this game has a sense of weight to it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.