Capture Animals

DArkHekRoMaNT

I can not figure out how to craft a cage. When I look it up all I get is the wooden cage, nothing metal except metal locust cage. So I don't know how ingots are supposed to work to make it. I can't see how to make it form any ingredients be it resin, wood, coppor ingots. I just don't know what to do. The only thing that seems new is the chutes(?) and I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Please help!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KarsT said:

I can not figure out how to craft a cage. When I look it up all I get is the wooden cage, nothing metal except metal locust cage. So I don't know how ingots are supposed to work to make it. I can't see how to make it form any ingredients be it resin, wood, coppor ingots. I just don't know what to do. The only thing that seems new is the chutes(?) and I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Please help!

Are you sure the mod has loaded at all? There should be cages of all kinds of metals.
Do you have the latest version of the mod (1.1.1)? VintageStory version?

14 hours ago, DArkHekRoMaNT said:

Are you sure the mod has loaded at all? There should be cages of all kinds of metals.
Do you have the latest version of the mod (1.1.1)? VintageStory version?

I have the latest version 1.1.1. But do I need to do anything to code part to make it work? This is the first time I;ve added a mod to Vintage Story so I am not sure if I did something wrong or anything. 

I like the idea of being able capture animals and bringing them to your base.

But I wish there was something like this that was more middle of the road, maybe using the wooden cage as a trap instead that you bait and place and can only capture baby animals. Maybe with a durability on them so that it could be broken by other animals attempting to rescue their children, or maybe the animal itself?

Something less like like a pokeball.

I'm not sure why, but this mod crashes for me 😧 I'm using copper cages and trying to catch chickens.
Here's the log:

Running on 64 bit Windows with 32 GB RAM 
Version: v1.14.2 (Stable)12/10/2020 4:42:56 PM: Critical error occurred
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Vintagestory.API.Common.IWorldAccessor.SpawnItemEntity(Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemStack, Vintagestory.API.MathTools.Vec3d, Vintagestory.API.MathTools.Vec3d)'.
   at CaptureAnimals.EntityThrownCage.OnGameTick(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientSystemEntities.OnGameTick(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Common.EventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainRenderLoop(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainGameLoop(Single deltaTime)
   at _uWwiuXC8cGTH1JnsWiUY9FUaXOo._0WtXQJqGAidcdKMfPHF0OxDIauE(Single )
   at _ydpin5JFjepNgd3JOZRb2z5I5Fg._LvRZFcsDWyPwKLB1F2UK7fQ2N6d(Single )
   at _ydpin5JFjepNgd3JOZRb2z5I5Fg._GO2qaUrk9dl0IceTLiA7P4LcpAB(Single )
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   at _Ine8FeGTtDXciSIfaZMHMwCLKGBA._8puLW8J44fiq3A5hthQTfB8WNxc(_SbVlAI6dJIZ4JRt0da0lu23DF14 , String[] )
   at _lErb0L2e9E9htuT2VVnAsXIZqc7A._8puLW8J44fiq3A5hthQTfB8WNxc(ThreadStart )

Is there anything I could do to test it and try to figure out what's happening?

Edited by Reina

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/3/2021 at 3:54 PM, LocoMiner said:

playing 1.14 cage doesnt show bait, nore can i put cage in crafting grid to add bait

which crafting stage is the cage? right after smithing? after combining with resin or after adding bait?

On 12/11/2020 at 1:22 PM, DArkHekRoMaNT said:

v1.3: Updated to 1.14.2 (recompilation required, earlier versions are not supported)

1.14.2+ or 1.14.2 only? I don't understand the "recompilation required".

Edited by Hal13

1 hour ago, Lisabet said:

I'm only seeing the ability to bait for wolves, foxes and hares...what happened to sheep, chickens and pigs?

*edit* wondering if it is an issue with having both Farm Life mods and this one

Turns out it is some type of incompatibility with my mod. @DArkHekRoMaNT My mod only patches the transition ratios for some food items. Does your lure system rely on a behavior/ai by any chance?

4 hours ago, jakecool19 said:

Turns out it is some type of incompatibility with my mod. @DArkHekRoMaNT My mod only patches the transition ratios for some food items. Does your lure system rely on a behavior/ai by any chance?

Do you add attributes to animals?  My mod patches the attributes of vanilla animals by adding baits there.  Some animals do not initially have attributes at all. Maybe are you overwriting my changes?

6 hours ago, DArkHekRoMaNT said:

Do you add attributes to animals?  My mod patches the attributes of vanilla animals by adding baits there.  Some animals do not initially have attributes at all. Maybe are you overwriting my changes?

Thanks, that was the problem, just need to make my patches more specific.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a player experiencing a crash anytime they try to view recipes for turnips. Crashlog attached; seems to be related to the cages. I can view turnip recipes just fine on my client; however, the player can reproduce the crash almost every time by doing this. We are also running the farm life mod, and your compatibilitylib as well. Ive attached modlist just in case you find it pertinent.

crashlog1.txt Modlist.txt

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.