Primitive Survival

Spear and Fang

New version up. Bump.

German translation courtesy of @Kiava!

Pelts on walls!

peltheads.jpg.125c11946901ebfdd3e0f61ab2c9532d.jpg

Fish Jerky!

fishjerky.png.c1c670624cdb20b356d6e4e293b0b595.png

Big changes to satiety and fillets (for better or worse)!

fish_table.jpg.dc166094ae7a458ae8f958566df4f037.jpg

jerky_table.jpg.37fefece9a96609de055e63e4cc36439.jpg

Version 2.5.4 Release Notes

• New: updated Russian translation - thanks @ZigTheHedge
  • New: German translation - thanks @Kiava
  • New: Attach pelts to vertical surfaces (as animal heads) - thanks @Vallen
  • New: Fish jerky and new grid recipe (1 knife, 4 fillets,1 salt) - thanks @l33tmaan  
  • New: melt down lures and metal fishing hooks in a crucible
  • New: Soup and stew recipes added for all raw jerky types and mutated fish
  • Tweak: Fish satiety and fish fillet modifications - See the newly added tables in the documentation for details - thanks @Boomer Bill 
  • Tweak: All jerky stack sizes increased to 256
  • Tweak: Made monkey bridge less expensive to craft (thanks @jakecool19 for mentioning that on Discord)
  • Tweak: can now pick up worms with right click OR shift right click (shift right click conflicts with Carry Capacity mod) - thanks Amenophiz
  • Fixed: Added missing textures in pot/bowl for Perch and Carp - thanks @samkee00 
  • Fixed: metal dupe exploit melting down nails and spikes - thanks Tels, @Shibby 
  • Fixed: adding an oddball item (like a mechanical part) to an altar crashes the game - thanks @Hexedian
  • Fixed: nail and spike placement makes block face invisible glitch - thanks Tels
  • Fixed: link to stake broken in guide - thanks Quixjote
  • Fixed: The male ram rug model was showing the female ram horns at the same time - thanks @Lich 
  • Known Issue/did not resolve: weir trap, fish baskets, limb/trotlines lose functionality after serious crash - thanks @Tech_Rabbit 
  • Known Issue/did not resolve: sometimes removing fish from trap causes the fish to flicker/fall repeatedly for several seconds
  • Could not recreate: investigate this mod and medieval expansion not playing nice together - thanks @Kai Effelsberg
  • Could not recreate: Tin bronze/copper in a lure mold just resets and adds metal to the crucible? Sounds like server lag - thanks @Nozarati ,  @Tech_Rabbit
  • Could not recreate: disappearing fish. They will pop off the hook then just go poof before I can pick them up. Maybe ice related? - thanks @Willrun4fun
Edited by Spear and Fang
  • Like 1
  • Amazing! 1

18 hours ago, KarsT said:

I love this mod! But whenever I use the rock and stick trap, the dead fall my game crashes because the animal stops moving and won't die no matter how many times I hit it. 

Hi @KarsT, thank you so much!  Sadly, I cannot recreate your issue and no one else has reported it.  I tested using VS version 1.14.7 and some smaller animals (hen, rabbit, piglet).  If I you could attach a copy of your server-main.txt log file that would probably tell me what's going on (in like C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\VintagestoryData\Logs)

I suspect that this is either (1) two copies of my mod installed simultaneously, or (2) a conflict with some other mod, either a mod that changes the default animal behavior (i.e. Farm Life?), or a mod that adds new animal(s).

Edited by Spear and Fang

5 hours ago, Spear and Fang said:

Hi @KarsT, thank you so much!  Sadly, I cannot recreate your issue and no one else has reported it.  I tested using VS version 1.14.7 and some smaller animals (hen, rabbit, piglet).  If I you could attach a copy of your server-main.txt log file that would probably tell me what's going on (in like C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\VintagestoryData\Logs)

I suspect that this is either (1) two copies of my mod installed simultaneously, or (2) a conflict with some other mod, either a mod that changes the default animal behavior (i.e. Farm Life?), or a mod that adds new animal(s).

I got ride of farm life and your mod works perfectly now! That was the problem! Thank you!

• Like 1

Heya, this is one of my favorite mods!

Would it be possible to request a compatibility patch with my mod, Lichen? ^^ I'd love to have a deer hide rug or a deer head on the wall :P

If you need me to make the models, I can do so, I just didn't want to steal your thunder

Edited by Lich
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Lich said:

Heya, this is one of my favorite mods!

Would it be possible to request a compatibility patch with my mod, Lichen? ^^ I'd love to have a deer hide rug or a deer head on the wall :P

If you need me to make the models, I can do so, I just didn't want to steal your thunder

Gosh, thanks @Lich! I'd also love to have your deer rug/head added to VS, but I'm not sure about the logistics.  I'll pm you on Discord to continue the conversation.

10 hours ago, unjoyer said:

I also have the bug where the mold would loop at the last bit and never fills up. I also have a xlib perk for casting metals (casting uses less metal per level). 

THANK YOU!  I've had a couple other people report this issue and I couldn't nail it down, but an xlib perk might just be the clue I needed!

6 minutes ago, Spear and Fang said:

THANK YOU!  I've had a couple other people report this issue and I couldn't nail it down, but an xlib perk might just be the clue I needed!

Yeah I saw the people mention the bug, but they failed to mention what the perk does. So for me right now I've chosen the smelting perk which uses 10% less material to fill the cast. So it shows xxx/230 metal poured. But it starts looping from 200 and i think the last number i see is 228 then goes back to 200. And indeed it dupes the metal I have in the crucible with every loop. Hope this helps. Other then that, man this is an amazing mod. I've been playing vintage for a week now, 2 days ago started a new world and included your mod in it and i absolutely love it. Thank you! 

3 minutes ago, unjoyer said:

Yeah I saw the people mention the bug, but they failed to mention what the perk does. So for me right now I've chosen the smelting perk which uses 10% less material to fill the cast. So it shows xxx/230 metal poured. But it starts looping from 200 and i think the last number i see is 228 then goes back to 200. And indeed it dupes the metal I have in the crucible with every loop. Hope this helps. Other then that, man this is an amazing mod. I've been playing vintage for a week now, 2 days ago started a new world and included your mod in it and i absolutely love it. Thank you! 

*blushing* Thanks for the kind words, and thanks again for the bug report!

Is anyone having trouble making cordage? Three cattails in the craft window(center) doesn't yield anything for me.

----DISREGARD THIS REPLY----

I realized you need to actually install the mod in order to enjoy its features. A named, but empty, folder with the other mods won't quite get it.

Edited by Jesse Caron
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Jesse Caron said:

Is anyone having trouble making cordage? Three cattails in the craft window(center) doesn't yield anything for me.

It's working for me (with VS 1.14.8 and a few mods), so my first guess would be an improper mod installation or a mod conflict.  A screen shot of your mods folder, or a copy of your server-main.txt log might reveal the problem...

Edited by Spear and Fang

9 hours ago, Jesse Caron said:

----DISREGARD THIS REPLY----

I realized you need to actually install the mod in order to enjoy its features. A named, but empty, folder with the other mods won't quite get it.

lol.  Happy to hear that you've sorted this out!

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, Jesse Caron said:

Now I'm having the strange issue of cooked fish only giving about the same satiety(?) as a bunch of berries. Seems no one else mentioned anything like this... O_o

Hi Jesse,
It depends a lot on the type of fish and how it was processed, but a small fish (Bass or Bluegill) cooked on a firepit should be giving you 120 satiety, and many berries give you 60-80, so not a lot of difference when looking at the food bar.  A large fish (Catfish) is 480 satiety if cooked on a firepit, which would be noticeably different.

On 2/15/2021 at 8:53 PM, Spear and Fang said:

New version up. Bump.

German translation courtesy of @Kiava!

Pelts on walls!

peltheads.jpg.125c11946901ebfdd3e0f61ab2c9532d.jpg

Fish Jerky!

fishjerky.png.c1c670624cdb20b356d6e4e293b0b595.png

Big changes to satiety and fillets (for better or worse)!

fish_table.jpg.dc166094ae7a458ae8f958566df4f037.jpg

jerky_table.jpg.37fefece9a96609de055e63e4cc36439.jpg

Version 2.5.4 Release Notes

• New: updated Russian translation - thanks @ZigTheHedge
  • New: German translation - thanks @Kiava
  • New: Attach pelts to vertical surfaces (as animal heads) - thanks @Vallen
  • New: Fish jerky and new grid recipe (1 knife, 4 fillets,1 salt) - thanks @l33tmaan  
  • New: melt down lures and metal fishing hooks in a crucible
  • New: Soup and stew recipes added for all raw jerky types and mutated fish
  • Tweak: Fish satiety and fish fillet modifications - See the newly added tables in the documentation for details - thanks @Boomer Bill 
  • Tweak: All jerky stack sizes increased to 256
  • Tweak: Made monkey bridge less expensive to craft (thanks @jakecool19 for mentioning that on Discord)
  • Tweak: can now pick up worms with right click OR shift right click (shift right click conflicts with Carry Capacity mod) - thanks Amenophiz
  • Fixed: Added missing textures in pot/bowl for Perch and Carp - thanks @samkee00 
  • Fixed: metal dupe exploit melting down nails and spikes - thanks Tels, @Shibby 
  • Fixed: adding an oddball item (like a mechanical part) to an altar crashes the game - thanks @Hexedian
  • Fixed: nail and spike placement makes block face invisible glitch - thanks Tels
  • Fixed: link to stake broken in guide - thanks Quixjote
  • Fixed: The male ram rug model was showing the female ram horns at the same time - thanks @Lich 
  • Known Issue/did not resolve: weir trap, fish baskets, limb/trotlines lose functionality after serious crash - thanks @Tech_Rabbit 
  • Known Issue/did not resolve: sometimes removing fish from trap causes the fish to flicker/fall repeatedly for several seconds
  • Could not recreate: investigate this mod and medieval expansion not playing nice together - thanks @Kai Effelsberg
  • Could not recreate: Tin bronze/copper in a lure mold just resets and adds metal to the crucible? Sounds like server lag - thanks @Nozarati ,  @Tech_Rabbit
  • Could not recreate: disappearing fish. They will pop off the hook then just go poof before I can pick them up. Maybe ice related? - thanks @Willrun4fun

The disappearing fish issue isn't ice related as I'm having it happen constantly in normal water.

1 hour ago, Richard Adams said:

The disappearing fish issue isn't ice related as I'm having it happen constantly in normal water.

Agreed!  It maybe started to be a thing in 1.14.7 and is now a serious issue in 1.14.8.  I've fixed it today, and will re-release a new version of the mod with the fix tomorrow.

Thanks!

• Like 1

New version up.  Bump!  See the original post for download links and more.

New: Wooden Lanterns of various types...

woodenlanterns.jpg.9839feae03ece74d87392ae4405fd954.jpg

lantern.png.cab34e91e486ffe7018262de79c5058e.png

• New: Wooden Lanterns - A simpler (primarily for aesthetics) lantern made from various wood types (requires a copper plate but no glass) - throws more light than a torch but less than a copper lantern. thanks @Kai Effelsberg
  • Updated: German translation - thanks @Kiava
  • Updated: New textures for cordage, fish fillets, and fish jerky - thanks @Ledyanaya Sonya
  • Tweak: You can now right click OR shift right click to finalize a weir trap, or reset a deadfall/snare (since shift right click conflicts with CarryCapacity mod)
  • Fixed, maybe. probably: Disappearing fish, invisible fish, fish just behaving badly in general - Thanks @Willrun4fun @Tech_Rabbit @Papa Cheddar @Richard Adamsand others
  • Fixed, maybe. probably: Mod conflict with Farm Life and traps hanging game - thanks @KarsT@Lich and others
  • Fixed, maybe. probably: metal dupe issues related to molds and XLib and XSkills mod - lure mold now requires 100 units, bed-o-nails now requires 200 units - thanks @unjoyer@Tech_Rabbit  and others

Edited by Spear and Fang

7 hours ago, Spear and Fang said:

Oops.  Still a little glitch with the fish.  I fixed it and re-upped with the same version number.  Apologies to those few people who downloaded it already!

Thankyou! I can't wait to play the latest version of your mod. I have liked it so far, and fixing the fish issue is very much appreciated!

• Cookie time 1

1 hour ago, Tech_Rabbit said:

@Spear and FangEverything looks good from our end! 

Thanks @Tech_Rabbit I've been testing it some more, and a few other people have been reporting back as well.  It seems pretty solid, other than the fact that the recipe for the wooden lanterns isn't showing up in the handbook.  Weird, because you can still make them....sigh.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.