Primitive Survival

Spear and Fang

• Spear and Fang changed the title to Primitive Survival - Traps, Fishing, and other Surprises!

Done. Got the C to do something, but I have no idea how to continue after the Hovel. If there is anything to continue. Have no idea how to get D and H to do anything.

EDIT

Okay, got D and H to the same state as C, but beyond Chickens, Wolves, Oaks, and Hovels, do they do anything?

And do the Ethereals actually do anything besides open the book?

Edited by Travis Pluid

2 hours ago, Spear and Fang said:

Appreciate the info @Hexedian!  I should have an update ready to go tonight.  

New version posted @Hexedian

1 hour ago, Minnigin said:

hopefully this is the cause of the stutter I get from rc8

Doubtful, that was a pretty minor bug fix.

Edited by Spear and Fang

Love this mod; having the ability to craft traps really helps things and I enjoy the fishing element as well though I've only used the woven basket traps thus far. Additional food is useful though I had a lot of luck catching rabbits earlier in the game does bait choice have anything to do with what you trap or is it just whatever wanders through your area?

I've been using cranberries lately due to the fact that I can't really store them worth a damn (I'm using 1.13 and only being able to put 1 serving of jam in a 4 serving jar vexes me). Mostly I've been catching chickens. Would swapping to vegetables make me more likely to catch rabbits?

@Godogma Thanks!  The traps just attract whatever wanders by, and the type of food doesn't matter (so definitely use whatever you're least likely to eat).  I know it's simple and I've certainly considered refining this more, but (1) there's not a lot of wildlife to draw from, and (2) I sort of consider the bait to simply be something out of the ordinary/colorful that would make wildlife want to investigate, rather than an actual food source for them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spear and Fang said:

@Godogma Thanks!  The traps just attract whatever wanders by, and the type of food doesn't matter (so definitely use whatever you're least likely to eat).  I know it's simple and I've certainly considered refining this more, but (1) there's not a lot of wildlife to draw from, and (2) I sort of consider the bait to simply be something out of the ordinary/colorful that would make wildlife want to investigate, rather than an actual food source for them.

Hey, whichever way works and is easier to code is fine by me. :)

Is there a working Pemmican mod for 1.13/1.14? That'd make it easier to store both meat and berries (not to mention giving me something to do with the fruit).

I am really pumped for this mod! Started a new world to take full advantage. I have come across a weird bug, though. When I right click on a submerged fish basket trap, the game crashes. I am doing it with an empty hand, but it is consistent. This is also the only Mod I have loaded in the game. I did copy the crash report, if that would help..

Running on 64 bit Windows with 16 GB RAM 
Version: v1.13.4 (Stable)12/5/2020 12:15:13 PM: Critical error occurred
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity Vintagestory.API.Common.IWorldAccessor.SpawnItemEntity(Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemStack, Vintagestory.API.MathTools.Vec3d, Vintagestory.API.MathTools.Vec3d)'.
   at BEFishBasket.TryTake(IPlayer byPlayer, BlockSelection blockSel)
   at BEFishBasket.OnInteract(IPlayer byPlayer, BlockSelection blockSel)
   at BlockFishBasket.OnBlockInteractStart(IWorldAccessor world, IPlayer byPlayer, BlockSelection blockSel)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.TryBeginUseBlock(Block selectedBlock, BlockSelection blockSelection)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.HandleMouseInteractionsBlockSelected(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.OnFinalizeFrame(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt)
   at _VtIDI6oYFpyEcQSZBFso9UVxS9aA._toICAyZ9EYSaLsmD4KTuQWUbqjP(Single )
   at _LSAAgZhw31Rqs2is6nnojfZBbQC._4BykKOCicJqCBHpyWIgTmxWrTrg(Single )
   at _LSAAgZhw31Rqs2is6nnojfZBbQC._6XmOxKoTYrFLRCGd58p58XW43nD(Single )
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   at _lYLQLGyldvbDG9rPQyiRVeIqQVp._EEzpApWBQHtHR4iMJabXK2wDvlA(_ex0VSgRAdtsvhANmJHZHaf9ATWt , String[] )
   at _IcGByoJhapvESnm6vaOawAHbkeU._EEzpApWBQHtHR4iMJabXK2wDvlA(ThreadStart )
-------------------------------

Event Log, last 3 entries
==================================
{ TimeGenerated = 12/5/2020 12:15:13 PM, Site = , Source = .NET Runtime, Message = Application: Vintagestory.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.MissingMethodException
   at BEFishBasket.TryTake(Vintagestory.API.Common.IPlayer, Vintagestory.API.Common.BlockSelection)
   at BEFishBasket.OnInteract(Vintagestory.API.Common.IPlayer, Vintagestory.API.Common.BlockSelection)
   at BlockFishBasket.OnBlockInteractStart(Vintagestory.API.Common.IWorldAccessor, Vintagestory.API.Common.IPlayer, Vintagestory.API.Common.BlockSelection)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.TryBeginUseBlock(Vintagestory.API.Common.Block, Vintagestory.API.Common.BlockSelection)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.HandleMouseInteractionsBlockSelected(Single)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemMouseInWorldInteractions.OnFinalizeFrame(Single)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(Vintagestory.API.Client.EnumRenderStage, Single)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(Vintagestory.API.Client.EnumRenderStage, Single)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single)
   at _VtIDI6oYFpyEcQSZBFso9UVxS9aA._toICAyZ9EYSaLsmD4KTuQWUbqjP(Single)
   at _LSAAgZhw31Rqs2is6nnojfZBbQC._4BykKOCicJqCBHpyWIgTmxWrTrg(Single)
   at _LSAAgZhw31Rqs2is6nnojfZBbQC._6XmOxKoTYrFLRCGd58p58XW43nD(Single)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(System.Object, OpenTK.FrameEventArgs)
   at System.EventHandler`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Invoke(System.Object, System.__Canon)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double, Double ByRef)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double, Double)
   at _lYLQLGyldvbDG9rPQyiRVeIqQVp._EEzpApWBQHtHR4iMJabXK2wDvlA(_ex0VSgRAdtsvhANmJHZHaf9ATWt, System.String[])
   at _IcGByoJhapvESnm6vaOawAHbkeU._EEzpApWBQHtHR4iMJabXK2wDvlA(System.Threading.ThreadStart)

}

@William Dodds Sorry, I can't seem to recreate that issue...but I see you're running Version 1.13.4 of Vintage Story, so you're going to need to use the previous version of my mod (v2.1.0).  There's a download link for it in the original post.  

Alternatively, you could upgrade to the latest version of Vintage Story, which is pretty stable.

I've updated my original post to help clarify the potential versioning related problems.  My bad!

Edited by Spear and Fang

2 hours ago, Spear and Fang said:

@William Dodds Sorry, I can't seem to recreate that issue...but I see you're running Version 1.13.4 of Vintage Story, so you're going to need to use the previous version of my mod (v2.1.0).  There's a download link for it in the original post.  

Alternatively, you could upgrade to the latest version of Vintage Story, which is pretty stable.

I've updated my original post to help clarify the potential versioning related problems.  My bad!

Well goodness. Trying to use the wrong version makes perfect sense why it keeps crashing. I will download the latest test version and see if the errors continue. Thanks!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.