Starter-Pack Mod

Rhonen

On 12/6/2020 at 10:49 PM, Rhonen said:

Also there is a limitation by the API, so when abort the character individualisation (include the class selection) you will receive the commenor pack.

Player can receive commoner starter packages until class selection confirmed.

I mean:

Login...

Skip class selection dialog...

Receive starterpack....

Logout...

Repeat until inventory full

4 hours ago, Digitalr said:

Skip class selection dialog...

i know this problem.
there is no event when selection skipped. so no chance of reacting.

either i can let repeat until selection has been done, or i can let give the commener pack once and when u decided for a class you will not get that stuff.
double-edged sword.

Edited by Rhonen

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Rhonen said:

It's working for us. so please add a report.

We created a new server, no Upgrade from 1.14.10 to 1.15.x (In 1.14.10 the Mod works fine).

In ModConfig the starterpackmod folder will be generated at server start. No Errors in Log is shown. But the starterpack.playersreceivedpackage.json is empty all the time:

{
  "playerUuidList": []
}

In the log you can see that the mod does not respond when the player logs in :

Jul 19 08:56:46 server VSSRV[178991]: 08:56:46 [Server Notification] A Client attempts connecting via TCP, assigning client id 1
Jul 19 08:56:46 server VSSRV[178991]: 08:56:46 [Server Notification] Client uid xxxxx attempting identification. Name: DasPrinzip
Jul 19 08:56:46 server VSSRV[178991]: 08:56:46 [Server Debug] Client uid xxxxx, mp token xxxxx=: Verifying with auth server
Jul 19 08:56:47 server VSSRV[178991]: 08:56:47 [Server Debug] Response from auth server: {"playername":"DasPrinzip","entitlements":null,"valid":1}
Jul 19 08:56:47 server VSSRV[178991]: 08:56:47 [Server Notification] Delayed join, need to load one spawn chunk first.
Jul 19 08:56:48 server VSSRV[178991]: 08:56:48 [Server Notification] Placing player at 255542,859375 117 269355,65625
Jul 19 08:56:57 server VSSRV[178991]: 08:56:57 [Server Event] DasPrinzip [::ffff:xxxxx]:1055 joins.
Jul 19 08:56:57 server VSSRV[178991]: 08:56:57 [Server Event] Player DasPrinzip registered for RegisterModifiedListener
Jul 19 08:56:58 server VSSRV[178991]: 08:56:58 [Server Notification] A client reconnected, resuming game calendar.

Edited by DasPrinzip

interesting. 🤔
Can you confirm, that you get the items each time you connect?
i am missing a message in the log, that you got items delivered, or not-delivered cause you already got them.

i will try to reproduce that problem today's evening. Thanks for reporting.

Edited by Rhonen

11 minutes ago, Rhonen said:

interesting. 🤔
Can you confirm, that you get the items each time you connect?
i am missing a message in the log, that you got items delivered, or not-delivered cause you already got them.

i will try to reproduce that problem today's evening. Thanks for reporting.

I got NO items all the time. Thanks.

ok got it.
the "causer" is: it's only working for new players, or players who are allowed to do a re-selection of playerclass.
So if you add this mod to an existing world, you must allow the players for re-select the characterclass.

This was introduced to support multiple class prepared packages.

There is no API to get the information if a player has already closed that dialog or not

so i had only the chance with the "ModifiedActionListener" of PlayerEntity.

ul 19 08:56:57 server VSSRV[178991]: 08:56:57 [Server Event] Player DasPrinzip registered for RegisterModifiedListener

so it worked, that you where registered and after a class-selection the mod will assign the selected class-package.
grafik.png.4a92081287289f3523ed43a7fdd55434.png
I will investigate if there are now more options to get information if a player has selected a playerclass.

if it would always directly apply the package the player would get always the commenor.

this was introduces december 2020 after requests.

Edited by Rhonen

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Boten Red Wolf said:

If we make or introduce a new class via a mod, is this mod able to read otherwise unexpected filenames, say "starterpack.deliveritempackage.foo.json" for example, where "foo" is some new class, and issue the package to the new class?

if you provide that new class by `survival/config/characterclasses.json` yes it will work.

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.