Extra Chests

Dauron

1203296118_extrachestsbanner.thumb.png.09c591545bf969629389c1a2404a7775.png

Update 1-18-24: New version 1.8.0 compatible with VS 1.19.0

• No changes, just recompiled to verify compatibility.

I do not have much time nowadays to thoroughly test things so please be sure to backup your worlds before updating to any new version of Vintage Story, can't stress that enough. Very important when updating as many modders won't know if their mod becomes incompatible with new versions of VS.

This mod adds larger storage capacity chests to the game. Every chest can be made into the "Labeled" version by adding a sign to it just like the wooden chest. Labeled chests can be upgraded to the next tier as well. These chests are based on the vanilla wooden chest so they behave and interact the same. They can be reinforced and are lockable.

Notes:

• This mod is required for both client and server.
  • Language files for English, German, French, Spanish, Russian, and Portuguese are included. Thanks to those that have contributed!
  • Compatible with Carry Capacity and Carry On. Default configuration allows hand carrying only.

Downloads:

I'm using the Vintage Story Mod DB from now on for downloads. No need to have files in two places.

https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/137

Edited by Dauron
New version 1.7.0 for VS 1.18.0
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the Russian language file! I tried for hours tinkering with the dropsByType value and I couldn't figure out how to tell it the different types of chests. All of the chests seem to react to the same "code"  which is something like ExtraChests--chest-east. I still don't fully understand the usage of the north, south, west, east types in the file. I couldn't get anything to work in game when I started to remove them so I left them in. I'd like to fix the GUI problem but unfortunately I'm not sure what to do.

23 minutes ago, Dauron said:

Thanks for the Russian language file! I tried for hours tinkering with the dropsByType value and I couldn't figure out how to tell it the different types of chests. All of the chests seem to react to the same "code"  which is something like ExtraChests--chest-east. I still don't fully understand the usage of the north, south, west, east types in the file. I couldn't get anything to work in game when I started to remove them so I left them in. I'd like to fix the GUI problem but unfortunately I'm not sure what to do.

Most likely the problem with the interface cannot be solved at the content level.  You will have to create your own class and change the way the GUI is drawn.

West, east, ne, etc. are used to rotate the block.  Perhaps this is a "vestige", because currently the chest rotates at an angle and is not limited to 4 positions.

Spoiler

You can use a similar code for all chests at once.

{
	ingredientPattern: "WWW,W_W,WWW",
	ingredients: {
		"W": { type: "item", code: "game:plank-*", allowedVariants: ["birch", "maple", "pine", "acacia", "kapok", "aged"], name: "type" }
	},
	width: 3,
	height: 3,
	output: { type: "block", code: "chest-east", attributes: { type: "{type}" }  }
}

There was nothing here :D
Dug in more detail in the code, this is not particularly applicable in this case due to the upgrades of the previous chests. I thought all chests are crafted from regular ones )

Edited by DArkHekRoMaNT

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Dauron changed the title to Extra Chests v1.2.0
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dragoness_ said:

I may have ran into a problem on my server with Extra Chests. IDK if I installed it wrong or mislabeled a filepath. 

https://gyazo.com/a00dfac8f6e819b618d627f9ef5f5d00

When I hopped onto the server to check, I was not able to find those chest, but the better barrels (err.. Crates) was fully functional. 

Sometimes if another mod has an issue either with a crafting recipe or whatever it can create a chain effect for others. The first mod that throws the errors in the log may be the culprit. It's possibly looking for an item that doesn't exist anymore. One item in particular that got changed was the sword, the code used to be "sword" and now it's "longblade". So any mod that made custom swords would have to update their recipe files to account for that.

I haven't had any other reports of issues and I know of a server or two that has this mod working just fine. I've made multiple worlds to test 1.14 compatibility. If you figure out the problem let me know as I'm curious. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do with this mod to fix the issue you're having. Good luck!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Stefano Da Giau said:

How do I enable them to be carried on the back? :3

In the mod zip file you would need to replace the 2 files under assets\extrachests\blocktypes with these two files: chests.jsonlabeledchests.json

I changed these files to include the back carrying. I did not include back carrying by default because it's too powerful.

If you are on a server the server needs to do the change as well. The server dictates the allowed behavior.

Hope this helps!

6 hours ago, Dauron said:

In the mod zip file you would need to replace the 2 files under assets\extrachests\blocktypes with these two files: chests.jsonlabeledchests.json

I changed these files to include the back carrying. I did not include back carrying by default because it's too powerful.

If you are on a server the server needs to do the change as well. The server dictates the allowed behavior.

Hope this helps!

Nope, I'm a loner so.. I need them mostly because this way is a bit more practical to move all the stuff I collected from my initial base to my final one :3 Thanks a latte

• Dauron changed the title to Extra Chests v1.3.0
2 hours ago, DArkHekRoMaNT said:

But does it work for crafting an iron chest?

You mean allow a meteoric iron plate to be used in place of an iron plate to make an Iron Chest? I guess I could add the recipe but it seems kind of wasteful. Unless someone is really having a hard time finding iron to make into steel and has lots of meteoric iron laying around.. I'll think about.

Edited by Dauron

12 minutes ago, Dauron said:

You mean allow a meteoric iron plate to be used in place of an iron plate to make an Iron Chest? I guess I could add the recipe but it seems kind of wasteful. Unless someone is really having a hard time finding iron to make into steel and has lots of meteoric iron laying around.. I'll think about.

Either that, or add the meteorite iron recipe bypassing copper and bronze.  Still, it is usually much more difficult to get it, so at least there will be some kind of bonus))

• 2 weeks later...

After installing your mod on my server I've been having issues where certain chests cause clients to crash when they open them. This is temporarily fixed by breaking the chest and making a new one, but it begins to happen again after some time. Any idea of what might cause this? Here's the crash log:

Running on 64 bit Windows with 16 GB RAM 
Version: v1.14.2 (Stable)12/30/2020 3:22:07 PM: Critical error occurred
System.Exception: Chunk retesselated listener number 0 threw an exception (a=False, b=False, b=False)
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityAnimationUtil.<StartAnimation>b__16_0()
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerChunkRetesselated(Vec3i chunkPos, ClientChunk chunk)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerChunkRetesselated(Vec3i chunkPos, ClientChunk chunk)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ChunkTesselatorManager.OnFinalizeFrame(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt)
   at _uWwiuXC8cGTH1JnsWiUY9FUaXOo._X2niSFpb8ndF6zWsCcobp5QBcvO(Single )
   at _ydpin5JFjepNgd3JOZRb2z5I5Fg._LvRZFcsDWyPwKLB1F2UK7fQ2N6d(Single )
   at _ydpin5JFjepNgd3JOZRb2z5I5Fg._GO2qaUrk9dl0IceTLiA7P4LcpAB(Single )
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   at _Ine8FeGTtDXciSIfaZMHMwCLKGBA._8puLW8J44fiq3A5hthQTfB8WNxc(_SbVlAI6dJIZ4JRt0da0lu23DF14 , String[] )
   at _lErb0L2e9E9htuT2VVnAsXIZqc7A._8puLW8J44fiq3A5hthQTfB8WNxc(ThreadStart )
-------------------------------

Event Log, last 3 entries
==================================
{ TimeGenerated = 12/30/2020 12:11:21 PM, Site = , Source = .NET Runtime, Message = Application: Vintagestory.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Exception
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerChunkRetesselated(Vintagestory.API.MathTools.Vec3i, Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientChunk)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ChunkTesselatorManager.OnFinalizeFrame(Single)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(Vintagestory.API.Client.EnumRenderStage, Single)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(Vintagestory.API.Client.EnumRenderStage, Single)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single)
   at _uWwiuXC8cGTH1JnsWiUY9FUaXOo._X2niSFpb8ndF6zWsCcobp5QBcvO(Single)
   at _ydpin5JFjepNgd3JOZRb2z5I5Fg._LvRZFcsDWyPwKLB1F2UK7fQ2N6d(Single)
   at _ydpin5JFjepNgd3JOZRb2z5I5Fg._GO2qaUrk9dl0IceTLiA7P4LcpAB(Single)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(System.Object, OpenTK.FrameEventArgs)
   at System.EventHandler`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Invoke(System.Object, System.__Canon)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double, Double ByRef)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double, Double)
   at _Ine8FeGTtDXciSIfaZMHMwCLKGBA._8puLW8J44fiq3A5hthQTfB8WNxc(_SbVlAI6dJIZ4JRt0da0lu23DF14, System.String[])
   at _lErb0L2e9E9htuT2VVnAsXIZqc7A._8puLW8J44fiq3A5hthQTfB8WNxc(System.Threading.ThreadStart)

}
{ TimeGenerated = 12/18/2020 4:54:15 PM, Site = , Source = .NET Runtime, Message = Application: Vintagestory.exe
Exception Info: exception code c0020001, exception address 00007FF812093B29
Stack:
   at System.Environment._Exit(Int32)
   at System.Environment.Exit(Int32)
   at _FxoapxPRiV5MwbaFwu9ZjI5uiQu._YAVoZtbV5cwe0WdpbVCDdWZLwKS()
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementTextButton.OnMouseUpOnElement(Vintagestory.API.Client.ICoreClientAPI, Vintagestory.API.Client.MouseEvent)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElement.OnMouseUp(Vintagestory.API.Client.ICoreClientAPI, Vintagestory.API.Client.MouseEvent)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementTextButton.OnMouseUp(Vintagestory.API.Client.ICoreClientAPI, Vintagestory.API.Client.MouseEvent)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiComposer.OnMouseUp(Vintagestory.API.Client.MouseEvent)
   at _huHsn0RbJO3ryia0aqdhX6Bb1sS._XMRlElq0Rg6quIIKA3ytPtPW3Jd(Vintagestory.API.Client.MouseEvent)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.Mouse_ButtonUp(System.Object, OpenTK.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs)
   at System.EventHandler`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Invoke(System.Object, System.__Canon)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.WindowProcedure(IntPtr, OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Functions.DispatchMessage(OpenTK.Platform.Windows.MSG ByRef)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Functions.DispatchMessage(OpenTK.Platform.Windows.MSG ByRef)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.ProcessEvents()
   at _Ine8FeGTtDXciSIfaZMHMwCLKGBA._8puLW8J44fiq3A5hthQTfB8WNxc(_SbVlAI6dJIZ4JRt0da0lu23DF14, System.String[])
   at _lErb0L2e9E9htuT2VVnAsXIZqc7A._8puLW8J44fiq3A5hthQTfB8WNxc(System.Threading.ThreadStart)
   at _Ine8FeGTtDXciSIfaZMHMwCLKGBA._Q94MSQMy7MbChZ1FRrVUB2AgwfL(System.String[])
 }

6 minutes ago, MaxieMan said:

After installing your mod on my server I've been having issues where certain chests cause clients to crash when they open them. This is temporarily fixed by breaking the chest and making a new one, but it begins to happen again after some time. Any idea of what might cause this? Here's the crash log:

System.Exception: Chunk retesselated listener number 0 threw an exception (a=False, b=False, b=False)
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at _Ine8FeGTtDXciSIfaZMHMwCLKGBA._8puLW8J44fiq3A5hthQTfB8WNxc(_SbVlAI6dJIZ4JRt0da0lu23DF14 , String[] )

{ TimeGenerated = 12/30/2020 12:11:21 PM, Site = , Source = .NET Runtime, Message = Application: Vintagestory.exe
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerChunkRetesselated(Vintagestory.API.MathTools.Vec3i, Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientChunk)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(Vintagestory.API.Client.EnumRenderStage, Single)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(Vintagestory.API.Client.EnumRenderStage, Single)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(System.Object, OpenTK.FrameEventArgs)

}
{ TimeGenerated = 12/18/2020 4:54:15 PM, Site = , Source = .NET Runtime, Message = Application: Vintagestory.exe
Stack:
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementTextButton.OnMouseUpOnElement(Vintagestory.API.Client.ICoreClientAPI, Vintagestory.API.Client.MouseEvent)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElement.OnMouseUp(Vintagestory.API.Client.ICoreClientAPI, Vintagestory.API.Client.MouseEvent)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementTextButton.OnMouseUp(Vintagestory.API.Client.ICoreClientAPI, Vintagestory.API.Client.MouseEvent)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiComposer.OnMouseUp(Vintagestory.API.Client.MouseEvent)
   at _huHsn0RbJO3ryia0aqdhX6Bb1sS._XMRlElq0Rg6quIIKA3ytPtPW3Jd(Vintagestory.API.Client.MouseEvent)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.Mouse_ButtonUp(System.Object, OpenTK.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.WindowProcedure(IntPtr, OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr)
 }

Same problem as with MoreVariants chests. I think we should still ask Tyron to deal with these unfortunate chests. After adding the open/close animation, non-vanilla chests break. I think this is a problem not only for chests, but any container using the GenericTypedContainer.

3 hours ago, MaxieMan said:

}
Stack:
 }

Which "certain" chests? A popular server with a consistent 15+ people on it have been using this mod since 1.14 release and this is the first I've heard of this issue. Do you have other mods installed?

Edited by Dauron

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.