[ABANDONED] More Variants v1.5 - chests removed

DArkHekRoMaNT

• DArkHekRoMaNT changed the title to More Variants v1.1.3 (improve Necessaries compatibility)

I got confused while translating the "step stairs" and ladder all to "escadas"

Step stairs should be translated to "degraus", but informally we call everything that climb as "escadas"

also I'm going to see if there is any other errors before uploading here hehe, one sec

Edited by xCoiotex

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Maize said:

Is anyone else having a problem with the chest variants in 1.14? When I place a chest the texture is Birch, except for the oak (vanilla) chest. I tried MoreVariants_v1.14.0-rc.4_v1.2.1 with a new world and no other mods installed...I'm so confused?!?😖

2020-12-10_12-24-24.png

I know. All chests receive the texture of the first placed chest 😥 

(Need to add this to the list of known issues)

Seeing a fairly-repeatable crash on opening newly-recrafted chests; not sure if it's this but it seems to be:

Spoiler

Running on 64 bit Windows with 24 GB RAM 
Version: v1.14.2 (Stable)12/17/2020 2:09:48 PM: Critical error occurred
System.Exception: Chunk retesselated listener number 0 threw an exception (a=False, b=False, b=False)
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityAnimationUtil.<StartAnimation>b__16_0()
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerChunkRetesselated(Vec3i chunkPos, ClientChunk chunk)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerChunkRetesselated(Vec3i chunkPos, ClientChunk chunk)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ChunkTesselatorManager.OnFinalizeFrame(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt)
   at _uWwiuXC8cGTH1JnsWiUY9FUaXOo._X2niSFpb8ndF6zWsCcobp5QBcvO(Single )
   at _ydpin5JFjepNgd3JOZRb2z5I5Fg._LvRZFcsDWyPwKLB1F2UK7fQ2N6d(Single )
   at _ydpin5JFjepNgd3JOZRb2z5I5Fg._GO2qaUrk9dl0IceTLiA7P4LcpAB(Single )
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   at _Ine8FeGTtDXciSIfaZMHMwCLKGBA._8puLW8J44fiq3A5hthQTfB8WNxc(_SbVlAI6dJIZ4JRt0da0lu23DF14 , String[] )
   at _lErb0L2e9E9htuT2VVnAsXIZqc7A._8puLW8J44fiq3A5hthQTfB8WNxc(ThreadStart )
-------------------------------

To be clear, this seems to happen when:

1. Breaking (e.g. with axe) a purpled version of a variant chest with label
  2. Crafting it to update
  3. Placing it down
  4. Opening the newly-placed empty chest crashes with the above NRE in tessellation.

It doesn't seem to happen every time, but fairly often.  Chests in this state may repeat the problem if you log in again and open it again, but not always.  Breaking the chest and putting it down again usually seems to fix it.  Any ideas?

1 hour ago, Chime said:

Seeing a fairly-repeatable crash on opening newly-recrafted chests; not sure if it's this but it seems to be:

Reveal hidden contents

Running on 64 bit Windows with 24 GB RAM 
Version: v1.14.2 (Stable)12/17/2020 2:09:48 PM: Critical error occurred
System.Exception: Chunk retesselated listener number 0 threw an exception (a=False, b=False, b=False)
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityAnimationUtil.<StartAnimation>b__16_0()
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ChunkTesselatorManager.OnFinalizeFrame(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt)
   at _uWwiuXC8cGTH1JnsWiUY9FUaXOo._X2niSFpb8ndF6zWsCcobp5QBcvO(Single )
   at _ydpin5JFjepNgd3JOZRb2z5I5Fg._LvRZFcsDWyPwKLB1F2UK7fQ2N6d(Single )
   at _ydpin5JFjepNgd3JOZRb2z5I5Fg._GO2qaUrk9dl0IceTLiA7P4LcpAB(Single )
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   at _Ine8FeGTtDXciSIfaZMHMwCLKGBA._8puLW8J44fiq3A5hthQTfB8WNxc(_SbVlAI6dJIZ4JRt0da0lu23DF14 , String[] )
   at _lErb0L2e9E9htuT2VVnAsXIZqc7A._8puLW8J44fiq3A5hthQTfB8WNxc(ThreadStart )
-------------------------------

To be clear, this seems to happen when:

1. Breaking (e.g. with axe) a purpled version of a variant chest with label
  2. Crafting it to update
  3. Placing it down
  4. Opening the newly-placed empty chest crashes with the above NRE in tessellation.

It doesn't seem to happen every time, but fairly often.  Chests in this state may repeat the problem if you log in again and open it again, but not always.  Breaking the chest and putting it down again usually seems to fix it.  Any ideas?

I had this happening with two of my re-crafted chests, but just two of them. When I would log in, they would be textured like default chests, but still say Acacia, and would crash on trying to open. Breaking and re-placing would fix the texture and crash for that session only. Both were labeled chests and I'm pretty sure they were my only two re-crafted labeled chests that had been placed prior to the update.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.