Rhonen

3 hours ago, Bertramqaz said:

I don't know if this is the workbench mod or vanilla Vintage Story, but I have just witnessed that when chiseled blocks with snow on them thaw up with a block above them, they become invisible.

that bug is caused by vanilla.
Tyron posted it in the patch notes.

Fixed: Snow covered chiseled blocks not exposed to the sky got deleted when the snow melted 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For the copying chiseled blocks.  You need the template to the left. Chisel in the top middle.  The resource blocks on the right. The resource blocks may have to be chiseled.  I forget.

I just remembered.  You need to right click the workbench to make the stuff.

Edited by LocoMiner

slot 1 = Chiseled block

slot 2 = Chisel

slot 3+ = Resource block(s) (no chiseled block!)

Press and hold the right click on the table.

see screenshot here:

You get a text like "Copy chiseled block" when all slots are filled correctly.

Edited by Rhonen

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Digitalr said:

Feature suggestion: Speed-up block copy process, If mechanical power source connected. (Not fully automated copy, but less time for copy one block, compared to fully "manual" mode.

i know you guys all love automation.
But as posted in the past, this copy function makes it so easy, that i have no plans to add automation support by mechaincal power.

• Sad 3

[IMHO]

I see post about "no automation" in this topic before posting my suggestion. And, according to this opinion, i suggest only speeding-up copy process. Not make it fully automatic. Just less time spent for copy one block. Because, even without automation, i can put something heavy over RMB, go drink cup of tea e.t.c., and have result as "automated" copy.

For balance, some kind of fuel, copy-cartridges filled with temporal dust and rare material powders mix, or any other consumables can be added to powered workbench. Just like in real devices.

[/IMHO]

I agree with the modder.  No changes needed. I hsve a very large house and used this mod to make blocks for my floor. I just made them and night.  It doesn't take that long. If I had to do this temperal dust. I wouldn't use the mod. 

Thank you for making it. Where's my coffee. Lol

30 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

If you had an option to waste less time holding right click on a machine you... wouldn't use the mod? That's weird.
There really is no argument that applies to this that doesn't apply similarly to the quern. 

i think this is a point of view.
you can chissel 20 blocks same way in hours or press some minutes right mouse button.

so wasting time? no. absolutely no.

And I can hold right click for several minutes on a quern or save time by hooking it up to a windmill. We aren't asking for full automation, I just don't want to spend 3 minutes holding right click to make some flooring for my house. Just like... 1 minute is fine.

• Like 1

Would it be feasible to add a way to copy a chiseled block into a different material? Even if only one single material, to one other single material - but maybe also some sort of material substitution in some amazing bonus scenario - maybe even with tools to mirror and rotate while copying?

Great mod, I refuse to play without it :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.