Rhonen

On 3/21/2021 at 9:04 PM, breeze108 said:

I used to be able to turn chiseled blocks that had been put down. I haven't used the mod for a while and now I can't. I've tried every key combination I can think of. How do you turn chiseled blocks? 

turning chisseled blocks is no function by that mod.
turning them: use a chissel and its menu.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 2 bugs to report, both while chiseling a block on the workbench with a single block pattern that is made from 3 different blocks (in this case 3 polished full block Polished Stones).

The first has to do with placing the topmost item into the crafting Workbench UI, The descriptions are very  long of the required blocks, and I think if that text overlaps the upper row of the UI, and perhaps you try to click on a pixel that is "white" from the text behind, you can't place the block into the UI.  See attached ExtendedWorkbenchBug1.png.

The second one only occurs when you put MULTIPLE pieces of the raw materials in the UI.  In some cases, it will consume 2 of the raw materials instead of just 1, doubling the cost!  The resulting block (if you place it in the world and then use a chisel on it to open the chiseling UI, not the workbench UI) will be made of 2 of each of the original blocks (filling all 6 block-types)

ExtendedWorkbenchBug1.PNG

ExtendedWorkbenchBug2.PNG

6 hours ago, Phil Kelly said:

he first has to do with placing the topmost item into the crafting Workbench UI, The descriptions are very  long of the required blocks, and I think if that text overlaps the upper row of the UI, and perhaps you try to click on a pixel that is "white" from the text behind, you can't place the block into the UI.  See attached ExtendedWorkbenchBug1.png.

this overlapping text problem is known. i have currently no idea how to solve it with a comfortable ui element.

6 hours ago, Phil Kelly said:

The second one only occurs when you put MULTIPLE pieces of the raw materials in the UI.  In some cases, it will consume 2 of the raw materials instead of just 1, doubling the cost!  The resulting block (if you place it in the world and then use a chisel on it to open the chiseling UI, not the workbench UI) will be made of 2 of each of the original blocks (filling all 6 block-types)

seems there is a bug, but as you describe it happens only "sometimes" and my last tests do not confirm that described bug.
when you can find a way to reproduce it reliably, it would help to find the bug.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2021 at 2:45 AM, Rhonen said:

this overlapping text problem is known. i have currently no idea how to solve it with a comfortable ui element.

seems there is a bug, but as you describe it happens only "sometimes" and my last tests do not confirm that described bug.
when you can find a way to reproduce it reliably, it would help to find the bug.

The second example reproduced it twice in a row.  Was getting expensive in my server world, so I only did it twice. 

16 hours ago, Phil Kelly said:

The second example reproduced it twice in a row.  Was getting expensive in my server world, so I only did it twice. 

seems you added same blocks 2 times.
so the multiblock has 6 materials, not 3.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2021 at 12:03 PM, Rhonen said:

@Aledark thanks for reporting.
It's only a warning. this happend while the object got renamend in vanilla game. has no impact, as i can see.
will be fixed in next version.

7.11.2021 14:41:01 [Warning] Did not find required shape game:shapes/block/stone/cube.json anywhere. (defined in Shape for block workbenchexpansion:chiselplasterplain-plain)

Still a warning in 1.15.9 with the latest workbench. Just posting as a reminder.

thanks for reminder. did not forgett, but have some medical issues since 2 month. hopefully its fine in january and then i will try so clean up some minor warning / handlings.
until i will only make patches if something went wrong / crashes.
sorry for that news, but i hope you understand that point.

• Cookie time 1

• 2 weeks later...

There's a GPU memory leak while holding right click on the extended workbench - no recipe has to be input (the crafting grid can be empty).

Overly wordy backstory: So I just had a black-screen whole system crash while copying chiseled blocks in the extended workbench and watching a youtube video. Chocked it up to windows being crap since it force-updated on restart (woo), but event viewer showed a desktop-window-manager and graphics driver crash followed by vintage story as the last 3 things before it went fubar. Started back up, went back to chisel cloning and youtubing and watched GPU Memory usage go brr while using the extended workbench. 13 minutes of chiseled block cloning = 4GB GPU memory leak apparently.

Graph shows Open Hardware Monitor from system startup to current time, with time scale in minutes and VRAM (yellow line) as a % of 6GB total. After reboot I opened the game, copied chiseled blocks until GPU Mem hit 96%, ranted on discord, left the server world, then closed the game after a few seconds before reopening.

Testing after restarting the game again showed mem usage increased while holding right click on the workbench without any items in hand or the crafting grid.

image.png.cc3bb10c5e7fd7f8099e5f9c4b54d9ab.png

Edited by Shadowtrot

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.