Rhonen

Hi, I just  got the new version of this mod and for some reason the game has no information on how to make the workbench, it also did not recognice the blocks. Is there something special to do to make it work or has it gotten a new name? I really love this mod so I hope to get it working again

Love the new sound btw but once small thing.

doesnt seem to attenuate the sound over blocks travel(friend chisel a block at 0,110,0) with a view distance of 200 for example) i'll hear it still at 0,110,200)

18.1.2022 14:34:04 [Warning] OpenAL Error during SetPitchOffset of sound workbenchexpansion:sounds/chiselsound.ogg: InvalidName

12 hours ago, Aledark said:

doesnt seem to attenuate the sound over blocks travel(friend chisel a block at 0,110,0) with a view distance of 200 for example) i'll hear it still at 0,110,200)

18.1.2022 14:34:04 [Warning] OpenAL Error during SetPitchOffset of sound workbenchexpansion:sounds/chiselsound.ogg: InvalidName

Very interesting. until so many warnings and errors in the pre versions i did not recognize this warning :D
i will check that.

thanks for your feedback

@Aledark
wondering about that warning. seems the OpenAL has problems when Assets are not from "game
" domain.
The path is correct, otherwise the sound would not work.

ambientSound = ((IClientWorldAccessor)api.World).LoadSound(new SoundParams()
                {
                    Location = new AssetLocation("workbenchexpansion:sounds/chiselsound.ogg"),
                    ShouldLoop = true,
                    Position = Pos.ToVec3f().Add(0.5f, 0.25f, 0.5f),
                    DisposeOnFinish = false,
                    Volume = 0.75f
                });

API Description 
        //     Create a new AssetLocation from a single string (e.g. when parsing an AssetLocation
        //     in a JSON file). If no domain is prefixed, the default 'game' domain is used.
        //     This ensures the domain and path in the created AssetLocation are lowercase (as
        //     the input string could have any case)
        //
        // Parameter:
        //   domainAndPath:
        public AssetLocation(string domainAndPath);

• 2 weeks later...

missing a closed <>

see the client-main.txt

30.1.2022 14:36:51 [Error] Found closing tag <a> at position 97 but <font> should be closed first. See debug log for full text.

Here's the one in client-debug.txt

Material: Stone
<font color="lightblue">Multimaterial chiseled block</a>

7 hours ago, Scout said:

Bug: If you put materials and/or a chisel into the crafting grid of the workbench, close the grid and break the workbench the materials wont get dropped but will be deleted.

Can not confirm your reported problem.
Workbench dropped with all items inside.

grafik.png.95b4f6f5795e60ada79a12b9dd3e4aa1.png

Edited by Rhonen

17 hours ago, Rhonen said:

Can not confirm your reported problem.
Workbench dropped with all items inside.

grafik.png.95b4f6f5795e60ada79a12b9dd3e4aa1.png

Thats weird. I will test again in singleplayer. Might be an issue with an other mod then. Thanks for testing!

Edit: ok, i dont get this. I tested again with just your mod, vanilla game and some clientside mods and have been able to reproduce it. Then i disabled all client side mods, tested again and the workbench dropped the chisel as intended. After that i enabled all other mods again and the issue did not reappear... I dont understand this.

Edit: tried with all mods that are on the server. Disabling and then enabling all again solved the issue. No idea why, but it seems to work now. Sorry to bother you.

Edited by Scout

1 hour ago, Scout said:

Edit: tried with all mods that are on the server. Disabling and then enabling all again solved the issue. No idea why, but it seems to work now. Sorry to bother you.

No problem mate. may be there is an incompatibility problem with an other mod. but not sure. Until now we did not had that problem on our server.

Edited by Rhonen

On 2/7/2022 at 12:13 PM, Rhonen said:

can you be more specific please? add also a screen?

The game updated. Planks can now be placed vertically or horizontally. Chiseled planks cannot be cloned in the workbench because the planks are not considered a valid material to clone. 

PlanksWontClone.png

Edited by RogueRaiden

19 minutes ago, OccultAxis said:

love the mod but the working sound is heard by everyone across the server

It depends on the view distance basically it seems like(if chunk's loaded or not). Would need stronger sound attenuation.

exactly 256 blocks for me with my view distance and goes further if i increase my view distance.

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/15/2022 at 12:29 AM, Aledark said:

It depends on the view distance basically it seems like(if chunk's loaded or not). Would need stronger sound attenuation.

exactly 256 blocks for me with my view distance and goes further if i increase my view distance.

Hallo, 

we have the same problem. 

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.