Dauron

11 hours ago, VampireWeenie said:

I'm having the same issue Mark (meggert) was having. No matter what I do, I can't take items out of the crates. I've tried both left and right click with and without shift and control. Nothing works!

Are you using the latest version? I haven't heard of anyone having this issue since I fixed a while back.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Dauron. The 1.14.3 VS update required remapping of my SP world. After the remapping was done, the contents of all better crates were erased and now they appear empty. Just a heads up... Edit: I am using the latest version of BetterCrates - 1.2.3.

Edit 2: Downgraded to VS 1.14.2 and the better crates' contents are now present / usable again. If this issue cannot be solved (the remapping is done in such a way that it will always delete the BC contents), I will just take some screenshots of my storage rooms, update again to 1.14.3 and use the power of creative mode to restore what is lost.

Edited by Ivan Stamenov

I think some mods need to recompile for 1.14.3 so that's what I'm doing. Posting a new version 1.2.4 shortly. Will be 1.14.3 compatible only.
This won't fix an already loaded world where the crates are empty. You need to have the mod updated before loading into 1.14.3 for the first time.

Edited by Dauron
  • Like 1

• Dauron changed the title to Better Crates v1.2.4
  • Dauron changed the title to Better Crates v1.2.5
On 1/3/2021 at 6:10 PM, Ivan Stamenov said:

Hi, Dauron. The 1.14.3 VS update required remapping of my SP world. After the remapping was done, the contents of all better crates were erased and now they appear empty. Just a heads up... Edit: I am using the latest version of BetterCrates - 1.2.3.

Edit 2: Downgraded to VS 1.14.2 and the better crates' contents are now present / usable again. If this issue cannot be solved (the remapping is done in such a way that it will always delete the BC contents), I will just take some screenshots of my storage rooms, update again to 1.14.3 and use the power of creative mode to restore what is lost.

Updated to 1.14.5 and it seems the same issue is here. The crates were displaying blank and inaccessible. Updated the BetterCrates mod from 1.2.2 to 1.2.5 does NOT seem to fix it. Using CarryCapacity to pick them up and replace just deletes the contents completely but the crates are accessible again. Note that we are NOT using BetterChests.

Edited by Vallen

7 hours ago, Vallen said:

Updated to 1.14.5 and it seems the same issue is here. The crates were displaying blank and inaccessible. Updated the BetterCrates mod from 1.2.2 to 1.2.5 does NOT seem to fix it. Using CarryCapacity to pick them up and replace just deletes the contents completely but the crates are accessible again. Note that we are NOT using BetterChests.

It sounds like you updated this mod after the issue presented itself. You need to update the mod before loading a world for the first time after updating from VS 1.14.2 to VS 1.14.3 or higher. Updating the mod after the world has loaded in and saved can't fix the problem unfortunately.  If this is not the case then I'll look into it further, but I know of servers that have not had any issues with VS 1.14.5 and they're using either 1.2.4 or 1.2.5.

Edited by Dauron

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, ray57913 said:

When upgrading from game 1.14.2 to 1.14.5 (1.2.3 to 1.2.5 for the mod) is there a way to keep inventory without moving it out? I tried last week but it cleared the contents

You need to have the mod updated to 1.2.5 before loading your world in 1.14.5 for the first time.  Hopefully you have a backup of your world.  Updating the mod after they're empty won't fix it.

• Dauron changed the title to Better Crates v1.2.6
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bug?

You can't put crock with food to container. But if you put empty crock, then you can put filled crocks. Crocks can be retrieved from container in LIFO order :)

Also, some flowers on container's label still "alive" and affected by wind

Edited by Digitalr

• 3 weeks later...

Another issue...

If any mod change stack size to greater value, then, after player take few stacks of items with new stacksize from container, server start to throw huge list of exception. Not sure, but, i believe, exceptions are generated after item despawn timeout ended.

3 hours ago, Digitalr said:

Another issue...

If any mod change stack size to greater value, then, after player take few stacks of items with new stacksize from container, server start to throw huge list of exception. Not sure, but, i believe, exceptions are generated after item despawn timeout ended.

Any mod that changes default stack sizes is going to cause a lot of issues eventually. I can't support or really even test this because it's possibly unrelated to my mod. Ideally if you're going to use mods that change stack sizes it should be in place at the beginning of a server not after it's already been live for a while.

Unfortunately I've gotten away from VS modding for a few months now and my time to fix issues is limited. I'm only going to be able to fix issues that are directly related to my mod as is and not caused by interactions with other mods.

If the mod that is changing stack sizes is changing many items then it's definitely something that should be put in place from the beginning. If it's only changing a few items out of convenience then it's possible to edit/remove the patch files for the stack size changed items and change them back to default values.

That's all I can really suggest for now.

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, David Wyall said:

Any plans on updating Better Crates for 1.15 when it is stable?

Yeah I have a version ready but I'd like to wait until 1.15 is stable before releasing. Sounds like maybe in the next day or so.

• Dauron changed the title to Better Crates v1.3.0
  • 2 weeks later...

If anyone is getting error messages like this:
"18.7.2021 03:28:44 [Warning] Block or Collectible behavior Carryable for block bettercrates:bettercrate-wood-up-north not found"

Make sure the version of BetterCrates that you're using is not the version made to be compatible with the  Carry Capacity mod. [i.e. BetterCratesCC_v1.3.0 is for those who use Carry Capacity; BetterCrates_v1.3.0 is for those who don't.]

I made that mistake and posted about the errors only to realize after I posted what the problem was... 😓😓😓
So I'm posting this so hopefully Dauron won't get spammed with people who made the same mistake I did. 😅

Hi Dauron!

I don't know if it is my sh*tty luck or it is an actual problem: from the 4 1.15 versions available for downloading at the first post in this topic, only one (BetterCratesCC_v1.3.0.zip) actually produces a mod archive to be put in the mods folder. The other 3 links yield a zip file with size 0, namely BetterCrates_v1.3.1.zip, BetterCrates_v1.3.0.zip and BetterCratesCC_v1.3.1.zip.

If it so happens that I am the only one to have this issue, please excuse me for the fuss...

• Dauron changed the title to Better Crates v1.4.2
  • Dauron changed the title to Better Crates v1.4.0
  • 1 month later...

@Dauron

Running on 64 bit Windows with 16 GB RAM 
Game Version: v1.17.0-rc.3 (Unstable)
Loaded Mods: backpackpackplus@1.0.3, bettercrates@1.4.2, buzzwords@1.1.0, chiseltools@1.5.4-pre.1, guicompositesettingsex@1.0.1, midnight-texturepackNS@1.1.0, nooffhandhunger@1.0.0, notradermoneylimit@1.0.0, SustainableForestry@1.0.0, visibleore@1.0.1, game@1.17.0-rc.3, zoombuttonreborn@1.3.0, betterdoors@1.0.0, carrycapacity@0.6.5, deathwaypoints@1.0.3, farmlanddropssoil@1.4.0, prospectorinfo@3.2.0, stepup@1.2.0, stonequarry@2.0.0-pre.5, toggly@3.0, translocatorlocator@1.0.2, useplanksinpitkiln@1.0.0, creative@1.17.0-rc.3, survival@1.17.0-rc.3, worldconfiggui@1.0.0, accessibilitytweaks@2.3.1, campaigncartographer@2.2.2, bricklayers@1.0.0-pre.3, ferrospear@1.0.1
06/08/2022 22:28:54: Critical error occurred
System.MissingMethodException: Método não encontrado: 'Void Vintagestory.API.Client.ITesselatorAPI.TesselateShape(System.String, Vintagestory.API.Common.Shape, Vintagestory.API.Client.MeshData ByRef, Vintagestory.API.Client.ITexPositionSource, Vintagestory.API.MathTools.Vec3f, Int32, Byte, Byte, System.Nullable`1<Int32>, System.String[])'.
   em BetterCratesNamespace.BetterCrateBlockEntity.GenMeshData(ITesselatorAPI tesselator)
   em BetterCratesNamespace.BetterCrateBlockEntity.UpdateMesh() na D:\vsmods\mods\bettercrates\src\BetterCrateBlockEntity.cs:linha 1304
   em BetterCratesNamespace.BetterCrateBlockEntity.UpdateMeshAndLabelRenderer() na D:\vsmods\mods\bettercrates\src\BetterCrateBlockEntity.cs:linha 677
   em BetterCratesNamespace.BetterCrateBlockEntity.FromTreeAttributes(ITreeAttribute tree, IWorldAccessor worldForResolving) na D:\vsmods\mods\bettercrates\src\BetterCrateBlockEntity.cs:linha 1173
   em Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientChunk.AddOrUpdateBlockEntityFromPacket(Packet_BlockEntity p, ClientMain game) na C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Client\Model\ClientChunk.cs:linha 427
   em Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.GeneralPacketHandler.HandleBlockEntities(Packet_Server packet) na C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\GeneralPacketHandler.cs:linha 809
   em Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.ExecuteMainThreadTasks(Single deltaTime) na C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:linha 1139
   em Vintagestory.Client.GuiScreenRunningGame.RenderToPrimary(Single dt) na C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Client\MainMenu\Screens\GuiScreenRunningGame.cs:linha 125
   em Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.Render(Single dt) na C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Client\ScreenManager.cs:linha 666
   em Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.OnNewFrame(Single dt) na C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Client\ScreenManager.cs:linha 610
   em Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e) na C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\GameWindow.cs:linha 132
   em System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   em OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp) na C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:linha 479
   em OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame() na C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:linha 454
   em OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) na C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:linha 375
   em Vintagestory.Client.ClientProgram.Start(ClientProgramArgs args, String[] rawArgs)
   em Vintagestory.ClientNative.CrashReporter.Start(ThreadStart start) na C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\ClientNative\CrashReporter.cs:linha 87

• Dauron changed the title to Better Crates v1.5.2
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.