QOL Tweaks- Better Archery, Backpacks, Poultice and more!

Mr1k3

1 minute ago, Raul Beltran said:

I am on 1.13, and Pine and Maple are what I am around, so that's what isn't working for me. I noticed your picture only includes oak and aspen, but the firewood is still also only at 16.

All the wood types are controlled by the same number, sounds like the mod is not working at all. Could you send me a server-main txt from your logs folder after you launch that world?

2 minutes ago, Mr1k3 said:

All the wood types are controlled by the same number, sounds like the mod is not working at all. Could you send me a server-main txt from your logs folder after you launch that world?

It is working, because my sticks, clay, and ore nuggets are all at the increased stack sizes. Let me exit my game and I can send you the logs, will edit this to include it in a minute.

server-main.txt

Edited by Raul Beltran

12 minutes ago, Raul Beltran said:

It is working, because my sticks, clay, and ore nuggets are all at the increased stack sizes. Let me exit my game and I can send you the logs, will edit this to include it in a minute.

server-main.txt 47.11 kB · 2 downloads

That is really strange, the log mentions nothing about the log patch being wrong. I've also tested it in 1.13 with an existing and new world and have not been able to re-create the issue. It seems like it might be because another mod you are using patches the same log file, I wouldn't know which one is doing that though.

That is really strange, the log mentions nothing about the log patch being wrong. I've also tested it in 1.13 with an existing and new world and have not been able to re-create the issue. It seems like it might be because another mod you are using patches the same log file, I wouldn't know which one is doing that though.

Hmm not sure which it would be, as no other mods out change stack sizes or alter logs or firewood as far as I have seen. could it be an issue with the editing your mod and lazy tweaks do with the stick from logs and firewood?

17 minutes ago, Raul Beltran said:

Hmm not sure which it would be, as no other mods out change stack sizes or alter logs or firewood as far as I have seen. could it be an issue with the editing your mod and lazy tweaks do with the stick from logs and firewood?

The recipes are a completely different json from the one changed by the mod, so It would more than likely be a mod that changes the blocktype/wood/log json, which would be properties like burn temp/duration, hardness, sound, texture directories, etc. If one of these mods replace that json, my patch might not be loaded properly.

Just let me know what other things don't stack for you that are shown in those images, might be able to track down the issue if I get enough samples.

Edited by Mr1k3

1 hour ago, Mr1k3 said:

The recipes are a completely different json from the one changed by the mod, so It would more than likely be a mod that changes the blocktype/wood/log json, which would be properties like burn temp/duration, hardness, sound, texture directories, etc. If one of these mods replace that json, my patch might not be loaded properly.

Just let me know what other things don't stack for you that are shown in those images, might be able to track down the issue if I get enough samples.

Aaaand just as I say that, i find it... It was lazy warlock's teaks :(

Anyway you would consider adding a stacking toolhead's and tool molds module? those are the main 2 things left in his that I really like. Oh and the endgame Iron Spear with appropriate scaled up dmg to match.

Edited by Raul Beltran

6 hours ago, Raul Beltran said:

Anyway you would consider adding a stacking toolhead's and tool molds module? those are the main 2 things left in his that I really like. Oh and the endgame Iron Spear with appropriate scaled up dmg to match.

Yeah I think I see the issue, that mod adds smelting of logs, and firewood. I'll have to take a look later today to see if I can get my patch to work with it.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Stefano Da Giau said:

I didn't really get how vintage beef creation is supposed to work? we need honey, ok.. What? a whole barrel of honey?

I'll clear it up in the post, but the handbook shows the ratio. Its .25 honey or one portion to 8 cooked red meat. So for a full stack of cooked meat its 2L of honey. It will take 36 days of sealing though.

On 11/13/2020 at 2:45 AM, Devestatio said:

Okay think I fixed the issue by changing the directory I was patching. Did some quick tests and it was working. I've released an update for stackables, I guess I need to go back and clean up all my other patch mods which might take a while, in the meantime I updated full-drop as well.

Okay think I fixed the issue by changing the directory I was patching. Did some quick tests and it was working. I've released an update for stackables, I guess I need to go back and clean up all my other patch mods which might take a while, in the meantime I updated full-drop as well.

Should also note that the other mods should be fine to use, Its just that stackables patched so many files that there was a huge chance another mod changed one of those files, and patching a json twice seems to have random outcomes.

• Amazing! 1

3 hours ago, Mr1k3 said:

Should also note that the other mods should be fine to use, Its just that stackables patched so many files that there was a huge chance another mod changed one of those files, and patching a json twice seems to have random outcomes.

You rock!!! Glad to see you figured it out, I did message the dev for lazy warlocks as well to make him aware. Maybe people seeing this will be better at keeping compatibility in mind :) Wish funds weren't tight right now, I'd buy you lunch :D❤️

Merged useful-scrap to this post since it really belongs here, also added a directory to my other mods since its a bit hard to keep track of them all.

Also updated better archery to reflect new bow/arrows in 1.14.

Edited by Mr1k3

Updated stackables to 1.0.2, increased the stack size of some more items (not all are shown):

Also updated useful-scrap to nerf steel output to preserve vanilla balance, now you need 4 parts for one steel ingot instead of just 2.

updated.png.b7b495e87fe9f0801527a06c1a2ee1ea.png

Edited by Mr1k3

3 hours ago, BUSHBOY said:

These mods totally destroy the feel of vintage story. Your converting VS into minecraft 😨

than don't use them lol

saw a post in this thread, thought there was updates but it was just someone bickering that the mod exists.. damn it lol

Edited by Minnigin
  • Like 1

On 12/4/2020 at 11:22 AM, BUSHBOY said:

These mods totally destroy the feel of vintage story. Your converting VS into minecraft 😨

With Microsoft forcing their damn Microsoft accounts onto Minecraft Java players next year, that's not a bad thing to do. i totally would play a convertion modpack.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.