Ian HEUER

ISSUE JOINING SERVER

Hello I am new to VS and was able to set up a server on my own pc that my friends can play but when I try to join it I get an error message of "no message could be made because the target machine actively refused it". The server works for my buddies but not me, is there something I'm missing about server hosting or do I just need to disable the server and use the open to internet feature when I want to play with my friends?

I don't have a solution, but I'm watching for an answer. We've had this problem as well. I was told that our internet router was probably blocking access. The default port is 42420, if that is any help.

Edited by dakko

Wait, you're trying to connect to your own server running on the same computer? You should definitely be able to connect using 'localhost' as address

I am having the same issue. port forwarded 42420 on both my and my friend's routers but still can't connect to each other. Even tried connecting to my own IP and I get this message "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it..." (shows ip and port)

and that with dedicated server. The Single Player just gives me a Upnp error when my router already has that enabled.