Frustrated

Brandybuck

It took me a few tries to get going. I think the problem is that you are coming from Minecraft. Not that Minecraft is a bad game (I love it still). But you have to change your way of thinking.

These are new game mechanics we are dealing with in this game. The trick is to find a spawn where you can live and establish yourself immediately. So if you die you are at least close to home. My first night was in a trader trailer. My second night was in a 2x3 dirt hole. It took me 40 hours of play to get myself moved to a new location that was safer and had better soil. 

For comparison I have played about 12 (maybe even less) hrs in my new Minecraft world and I am ready to start simple farms automation and villager trading/breeding/farming (almost).

This is very much a slow play game especially early game. Stick with it. Watch some Youtubers or Streamers to see what they are doing. 

cool. it would be nice to make stuff useful again rather than just decorative.

I mean it's not like copper is super rare or hard to get same when upgrading your backpack the hand basket can be broke down into half the resources that were used to craft it but the hunter backpack once you have the linen bag is just garbage and has no use other than wasting space so you basically just throw it out and let it de spawn. 

I'm weird when it comes to recycling old stuff you have no use for. again it's not like the resources for making a hunter backpack are rare or hard to get or anything I just don't like throwing things out. I would rather recycle them. make them useful in a recipe or make them upgradable so you don't have a garbage item you have no use for and serves no purpose.

being able to re melt things will be nice when it gets here. it will take care of some waist.

• 3 weeks later...

I, too, am having hellish problems with wolves. In fact I currently have a pack of three of them, with three more pups trailing behind, spawncamping me in my makeshift ruins base. Been a real pain in the ass trying to poke them with my spear whenever they come near the walls.

33 minutes ago, Blazer said:

I, too, am having hellish problems with wolves. In fact I currently have a pack of three of them, with three more pups trailing behind, spawncamping me in my makeshift ruins base. Been a real pain in the ass trying to poke them with my spear whenever they come near the walls.

Just make a trench lure them in and light it good enough for them not to despawn, afaik there is a cap for wolves in each area (maybe it's for everywhere, but that i'm not sure enough of)... Will prevent them from killing other animals too.

Edited by Hal13

15 minutes ago, Hal13 said:

Just make a trench lure them in and light it good enough for them not to despawn, afaik there is a cap for wolves in each area (maybe it's for everywhere, but that i'm not sure enough of)... Will prevent them from killing other animals too.

Oh, nice. Now I just need to find the opportunity to actually dig a trench without getting mauled. Will their pathfinding allow them to just run right into a trench, though?

• 3 weeks later...

i think if they chase you they might, else you need to use trapdoors to make them not realise that there is no actual floor there. i think their pathfinding did improve.

the trench needs to be 2 wide and 2 deep, easiest setup would be combining the trench with some walls to have less digging to do.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.