• Mr1k3 changed the title to Temporal Tinkerer-new tools and armor

2.2.6 changes:

• Tweaked trader buy/sell values for several items to be a little more balanced
  • Increased cost of all temporal armors, turns out I missed the mark I wanted to hit with the recipes so now they should actually be end/lategame only (more steel/ancient plating and combat armor now takes steel plate armor in recipe).
  • Turns out making an item that removes the need to eat in a game that focuses primarily on food destroys the purpose of most of the game, with this in mind the stasis pack now only reduces hunger drain by 50%, on a positive note it now slows you down 5% less and only cuts healing effectiveness down by 50%, still a very strong item.
  • Made the accelerator boots faster by 25% but now they make your hunger drain 35% faster, this is to emphasize use of them with the stasis pack, the increase is really not so bad when you compare it to standard plate armor.
  • Combat helmet and legs now give a +5% to hunger rate now +25% overall for full set of combat armor/forcefield, however the combat leggings now give +5% more movement speed for a total of +20%, so they now cancel out the slow from the helm and chest.
  • Like 1
  • Mind=blown 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

2.2.9-

-updated russian translations thanks to ZigTheHedge, and Jay_!

-slight buffs to drill and glove durability

-trying to at least somewhat bring the armor sets to some resemblance of vanilla stuff and reduce power creep:

utility armor-

speed boots now double hunger rate, now mixed with stasis pack you have +55% hunger drain because my idea of nullifying all the negatives was too crazy
stasis pack provides 25% protection but now slows ranged weapons by 20%
buffed protection of ranged helmet to 90% but now has a tiny hunger and speed penalty

Combat armor-

pretty minor stat adjustments to all values, should be practical enough to wear around all the time with lower penalties, protection values unchanged.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I get this error with TemporalTinkerer_v2.2.9.zip on VS 1.16 RC8 on Linux.

19:29:33 [Server Warning] Block schematic file tinkercommon1.json uses blocks that could no longer be found. These will turn into air blocks! (affected: game:planks-aged)
19:29:33 [Client Fatal] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockGroundAndSideAttachable.GetRotatedBlockCode (System.Int32 angle) [0x00039] in <d70c61e95a4742c6b10fe73981752501>:0
  at Vintagestory.API.Common.BlockSchematic.TransformWhilePacked (Vintagestory.API.Common.IWorldAccessor worldForResolve, Vintagestory.API.Common.EnumOrigin aroundOrigin, System.Int32 angle, System.Nullable`1[T] flipAxis) [0x00191] in <55672c87d46343c7b8ee181f3b7ccb3e>:0
  at Vintagestory.ServerMods.WorldGenStructure.Init (Vintagestory.API.Server.ICoreServerAPI api, Vintagestory.ServerMods.BlockLayerConfig config, Vintagestory.API.Common.RockStrataConfig rockstrata, Vintagestory.API.MathTools.LCGRandom rand) [0x00121] in <d70c61e95a4742c6b10fe73981752501>:0
  at Vintagestory.ServerMods.WorldGenStructuresConfig.Init (Vintagestory.API.Server.ICoreServerAPI api) [0x00062] in <d70c61e95a4742c6b10fe73981752501>:0
  at Vintagestory.ServerMods.GenStructures.initWorldGen () [0x000ab] in <d70c61e95a4742c6b10fe73981752501>:0
  at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemSupplyChunks.LoadWorldgenHandlerAndSpawnChunks () [0x00073] in <e9ac1be8a5f24f8da990a2f3ddb56a77>:0
  at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemLoadAndSaveGame.OnBeginWorldReady () [0x00000] in <e9ac1be8a5f24f8da990a2f3ddb56a77>:0
  at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.EnterRunPhase (Vintagestory.API.Server.EnumServerRunPhase runPhase) [0x000a2] in <e9ac1be8a5f24f8da990a2f3ddb56a77>:0
  at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.Launch () [0x0028b] in <e9ac1be8a5f24f8da990a2f3ddb56a77>:0
  at _ZqUQ7pOQY5Qg73UAepClsoZVWgk._Z7oc9wJVjlXLAth2luSeFQe1U3S () [0x000b0] in <5a63ddc141e4421582b46ef4f5af7fac>:0

New semi-experimental release, had to disable all but the relic ruins from spawning since 1.16 killed the structure files for them, in the meantime the sword shrine has been updated and hopefully the others will be eventually as well, they do take a lot of time to make and implement though.

This update should include fixes for the repairing mechanic, recipes including leather have been fixed, and the trader hologram looks a little more like a hologram, (though the model is still a vanilla placeholder). Added the sword changes to the mods swords (swing time), further balancing is pending.

2.3.1 hotfix

-fixes broken light source attachment faces, should not crash because of that anymore

-re-implements the missing structures from 1.15, spawn rates are really wacky from my testing as in they spawn primarily in clusters close together, needs further refinement if there even is a way to do so.

-made structures slightly more common overall, also buffed most part drops across the board and slightly lowered temporal essence spawn rates since it seemed too high, needs further testing on a large scale.

-buffed trader gear amount by around double

2.3.2-

• made combat related adjustments to all tools and armor. Slightly buffed weapon damage to keep up with vanilla changes, durabilty of temporal sword was brought down a bit, range of electric sword lowered slightly. Utility armor has had its durabilty increased a bit, and combat armors have been given a bunch more durabilty.
  • to compensate, utilty armors have a lower cell recharge cost than combat armor, combat armor has higher cell recharge cost and it has been increased overall.
  • power cell recipe has been adjusted to give a few more cells when using plating over brass parts
  • added mod icon

2.3.3-

• maybe if I release this one real quick nobody will notice I forgot to add in new compatibility recipes for my backpackpack mod, because this version actually has it now!
  • added new compatibility with backpackpack, now the blackhole/core use temporal parts rather than vanilla placeholders

2.3.4-

Documentation and crafting balance update:

• added new handbook guide for the mod, offers a load of new information clarifying what the mod does and what it offers, let me know if there are any typos!
  • added some perks related to the clockmaker (or classes with the "technical" perk). The clockmaker class can now create those rare temporal part bases that you could only find in ruins before, they also have exclusive recipes that let them craft basic temporal components without a schematic, and this recipe also outputs a few more components
  • re-balanced pretty much all part recipes, overall I made batteries cheaper, with better returns on components from the anvil, and made temporal powercells use 2x the essence, these particular changes are meant to slightly balance out the recharge cost of either equipment. Also made bulbs, copper coil, zinc rods, and battery hulls a little cheaper or doubled outputs. Changed stasis pack to only use 8 plating instead of 10, re-balanced old torch recipes, now output a little less for a little higher cost, to keep them on par with other light sources and the electric lantern
  • added/improved a bunch of tooltips, added some more colors, and improved the clarity for some
  • Now parts, when making them on the anvil will state if the component will take two ingots to complete the recipe
  • separated some recipes in the handbook, almost all recipes that have multiple versions should be split into two separate grids, now you no longer have to wait for the recipe to cycle to show you what ingredients you needed, huge QOL improvement here for stuff with recharge recipes.

2.3.5-

Vanilla integration update:

• added/integrated additional content around the hacked locusts that got implemented in the 1.16 update, also has a handbook guide. The hacking spear is still a technical trait exclusive, but now requires temporal tinkerer parts and no longer needs black bronze. Added tool tip to hacking spear to clarify its function. For non-technical classes they can still have access to these hacked locusts, but the process is more expensive and involves crafting a locust frame first.
  • hacked locusts have been overhauled over their vanilla implementation, now they have much more health, damage, no longer de-spawn, are faster, wont wander around all the time, teleport to you more frequently, and are in general far less prone to getting stuck on uneven terrain (though it still happens unfortunately), and when they die they will drop their frame which can be repaired with a few simple parts in the grid to allow you to re-summon them. The max number of locust followers is still one because they are much stronger now.
  • added bronze/iron parts for use in making/repairing locusts, also buffed all other parts to now give 4 items per ingot rather than just 3.
  • integrated the new soldering iron/solders into the crafting recipes for most major electronic devices (tools and lights) now you need to use them in their recipes.
  • buffed some trader sell/buy amounts
  • now temporal tools need a steel plate in their recipes
  • buffed damage of swords slightly
  • increased mining speeds of both mining tools
  • brought armor protection tiers more in-line with vanilla, meaning they were lowered by one. Since the swords are now higher tier than the force-field they properly do increased damage to it in pvp, allowed me to squeeze in some extra durability for the force-field curiass. Also increased protection of other combat armor pieces and lowered protection on the speed boots and stasis pack.
  • re-balanced light source brightness to be more in-line to vanilla, temporal torch being the cheapest, only has plain lantern brightness, electric torch has lined lantern brightness, and the electric lantern still has max brightness
  • nightmare and tainted drifters can now drop 2 essences sometimes
  • re-added some old sounds that used to play when holding the temporal torch
  • added support for the compacted machinery for my "CaveContent" mod, now with both installed the ore drops ancient parts, allowing you to source TT parts from it.

Hi!  Some of the json patches don't seem to apply with BetterDrifters installed:

3.2.2022 21:02:46 [Error] Patch 0 (target: game:entities/land/drifter.json) in locustmod:patches/survival-entities-land-drifter.json failed because supplied path /server/behaviors/9/dropsByType/*-corrupt/- is invalid: The json path /server/behaviors/9/dropsByType/*-corrupt/- was not found. Could traverse until /server/behaviors, but then '9' does not exist. Full json at this path:

Is there additional configuration we should do, or are these not intended to work together, or am I missing something that another mod did?

1 hour ago, Chime said:

Hi!  Some of the json patches don't seem to apply with BetterDrifters installed:

Is there additional configuration we should do, or are these not intended to work together, or am I missing something that another mod did?

That's odd, I always ran both at the same time and never had an issue.

Json patches have always been a little finicky in regards to some magical load order thing I don't understand. I've noticed that most of my patches as of 1.16 give an error in the debug log about "This asset is usually only loaded Server side" but the patch still works fine. I think its getting an error because I use the one of two locations where you can patch from in a mod- the game domain, and your mod domain, I've always noticed I had fewer compatibility issues with patching through the mod domain but for some reason the modmaker3000 always makes patches under the game domain.

I've had for example 3 patches targeting a different area of the armor.json, and using a game domain patch for all 3, I've noticed some of them randomly don't get loaded, so that probably the same thing happening here.

Anyways I'll play around with the patch locations to see If I can figure something out.

Yeah "This asset is usually only loaded Server side" is a false positive.  You can ignore them.

The positional patch (9) can be problematic for sure, especially if some other mod is patching that same array.  I've never played around with dependencies in the modconfig file, but it's my understanding that that can be leveraged to control the mod load order...maybe.

Just spit-balling.  Not convinced that that will help.

Edited by Spear and Fang

2 hours ago, Spear and Fang said:

Yeah "This asset is usually only loaded Server side" is a false positive.  You can ignore them.

The positional patch (9) can be problematic for sure, especially if some other mod is patching that same array.  I've never played around with dependencies in the modconfig file, but it's my understanding that that can be leveraged to control the mod load order...maybe.

Just spit-balling.  Not convinced that that will help.

The position 9 that the patch is targeting I think is a specific line in the json that handles drops, if it wasn't specified it might think it was patching one of the AI behavior lines.

• 1 month later...

Hello!

Would it be possible to develop a device that can be placed next to a broken translocator and that influences its direction when activated?
If you place it e.g. on the south side of the TL, the TL looks for a target in the south direction.

For some reason, held electric lanterns are noticeably dimmer than placed ones.

dark.thumb.jpg.e11f0ac7064a16a7d03cb37809f4b9ec.jpgbright.thumb.jpg.741e9df78f76af8057a16da6c664ad96.jpg

• 2 months later...

Released a hotfix-

Fix for broken electric sword recipe, this is just a small change so the mod works on 1.17.

I wanted to put out this patch since I wanted this mod to be updated for the current version, but work is still underway on the next major update-( the 2.4.0 update), but progress is slow due to various issues I've ran into, as well as the potential 1.18 "lore" update could threaten some of the work I have already implemented, optimally I'd wait for that version to release, but I have no clue when that will be. Work will still continue but I will have to keep a close eye on the 1.18 additions and changes so my effort is not wasted. Anyways, thanks for all the support!

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.