Wild Farming

jakecool19

On 12/18/2020 at 2:42 PM, Godogma said:

Mass Mushroom farming? Who wants mass mushroom farming? We're on homestead scale if that; having reliable mushroom farms where you want them on a household level is very easily doable and has been done for centuries.

Not to mention now we have blast furnaces in the base game; Vintage Story has firmly entered the Industrial era.

I like the greenhouse bonus for wild plants though and I'm glad you haven't just abandoned the mod.

Not to mention the mechanical enemies and translocators, heck we don't even have transportation tech now so the game clearly takes place later in history than we are today, so it would be more appropriate to say in the future rather than in history because clearly there are tech far beyond anything we have commonly done even today.

as for mass mushroom farming I'm more looking at mushroom relocation rather than growing new mushrooms, more simply move mushrooms from where they are to where I want them even if they don't spread in any way. 

I kinda like the ida of mushrooms spreading like in minecraft so if that is the rout they want to go then that's fine.

if someone else doesn't do it I'll try to look into how to remove the creative mode only tag for planting mushrooms but I'd rather someone else do it since I don't know how and I'm still trying to learn how to work with what I've already done. I don't even know if my mod Clay+Misc works for people who download it. I've gotten no feedback yet. and for good reason I clearly let people know I'm new to modding and not sure if I even did it right and so it's only got 4 downloads and I'm guessing those 4 downloads were from those who have helped me make it.

Edited by Sukotto82
  • Thanks 1

If someone else wants to tackle it . here is what I was thinking. 

harvest with a knife like you would a dead animal if the mushroom has already been harvested then you would only get mushroom stims that would be able to be placed where you want them. 

if it has not been harvested it would drop both a mushroom for harvesting it as well as a second item the mushroom stim.

each mushroom would only drop 1 mushroom stim and only if you harvest the stims with a knife or shovel or some tool of your choice. this would make it so you can't just plant the mushroom caps and wouldn't make more mushrooms as people might thing that's too much rather it would simply allow you to move the mushrooms location and if someone does add a mushroom spread feature then you could then make a farm to produce more mushrooms if you want.

alternatively you could simply remove the creative tag for shift planting the mushrooms and you could harvest and replant mushrooms that way. this is the way I would do it because it would be the easiest as it's already in the game you just need to pop into creative to do it at the moment. simply remove the creative to plant only tag and that would be what I would do if I knew how.

definitely true about the tech level, additionally the lore on the items and classes STRONGLY suggests that the world was once super advanced and then fell to some sort of calamity, the locust and drifters just being dregs of that issue.  it isn't so much that we are building everything from scratch as that we are remaking lost steps and reinventing things with some knowledge already with us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• jakecool19 changed the title to Wild Farming (Now with Mushroom Farming!)

Good news! Growing closer to the release of my other mod I have released a rather big update this mod including a highly demanded feature - mushroom farming! Right now it is a very watered down version of the real life version of mushroom farming but I hope to improve it in the future. Note though, this mod will increase the difficulty a bit as flowers all can now be very picky about what temperatures they grow in and on average take a bit longer.

Notes:

- Added new mushroom spawn item. Use it like seeds to plant mushrooms on fertile ground

- Added new barrel recipe to create mushroom spawn. Ratio is 1 mushroom to 1 rot = 1 mushroom spawn after several days

- Wild growing plants now have slightly randomized growing times(+-25%)

- Plants now have more specific growing temperatures based on regions they are found in

- Plants now have more specific growing times

- Reduced flower seed extraction from 4 to 3

- Reduced herb seed extraction from 4 to 1

- Wild growing plant info no longer displays temperatures, instead shows "Too hot to grow" or "Too cold to grow" if outside temperature range

- Wild seeds now display the average grow time for plants

- Wild growing plants now drop their respective seeds when broken

Like always, please leave suggestions and feedback!

• Like 1

Version 0.5 released, adding a whole bunch of new features

• Seeds can now be extracted from grain using a wooden pan in the crafting grid
  • Seeds can be extracted from vegetables by a knife
  • Cat tail roots can now be duplicated by putting them in the crafting grid with a full bucket of water
  • All recipes requiring shears now require a knife
  • Herbs added to world generation
  • Herbs can be harvested like berry bushes
  • Herbs can be put into porridge, stews, and soups and add a health bonus
  • Muddy gravel can be panned to get shells and seeds
  • Modified some loot vessel loot pools to include herbs and herb seeds

EDIT: Last minute addition, the burlap sack can be crafted with ropes and holds ten slots worth of plant materials.

Edited by jakecool19

43 minutes ago, jakecool19 said:

Do you have any other mods that might be modifying the cooking pot by chance?

I am also experiencing the same issue.

Attached are pictures of my loadout, not pictured is "Anvil Metal Recovery".

I tried disabling "NoMolding" and "Stackables" as those are the only two mods that I can think of that may affect the cooking pot.

Screenshot (7).png

Screenshot (8).png

1 hour ago, xxj3oT1991xx said:

I am also experiencing the same issue.

Attached are pictures of my loadout, not pictured is "Anvil Metal Recovery".

I tried disabling "NoMolding" and "Stackables" as those are the only two mods that I can think of that may affect the cooking pot.

Screenshot (7).png

Screenshot (8).png

1 hour ago, Encartias said:

Just tested on a new world, with only Wild Farming and am still having this issue unfortunately.

Unfortunately, right now I cannot replicate the issue on my end, but I released an alternate version of the mod that should fix the issue. The only feature you would be missing is the burlap sack, but everything else should be functional. I will keep trying to research what is causing this in the meantime, sorry. Also, just one more question, what version of the game are you using?

• Amazing! 1

2 minutes ago, jakecool19 said:

Unfortunately, right now I cannot replicate the issue on my end, but I released an alternate version of the mod that should fix the issue. The only feature you would be missing is the burlap sack, but everything else should be functional. I will keep trying to research what is causing this in the meantime, sorry. Also, just one more question, what version of the game are you using?

No worries man I just wanted to make you aware! I just loaded the new version and it works!

That was quick too, thank you sir!

I'm running the most current version.

My partner and I have come across the same issue where the cooking pot won't accept food items for cooking and did a little digging(heh) to see if I can help find the root(heheh) cause and I maaaay have found something in my client-debug log. I can't be sure how relevant it might be but I'm going to throw it out there just in case that it does help.

I saved two text files, one from the original 0.55 release and one from the alternative version where the cooking pot works.

Original:

WildfarmingOriginalDebug.txt

Alternative:

WildfarmingAltDebug.txt

I noticed that an entry does not appear in the alt debug for the cooking pot, the version in which it works. I have noooo idea if that means anything, I've not touched json patching, just throwing it out there on the off chance it's a clue >.<;

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/6/2021 at 7:26 PM, xxj3oT1991xx said:

Has anyone else had issues adding herbs to the cooking pot?

2 hours ago, DancingHoskuld said:

I have the same problem, the herbs wont go in the plot

23 hours ago, Alcyonaria said:

When can we expect to see cactus propagation?

Just released version 0.6. This should hopefully fix the herb bundles not going into the pot due to a storage attempt. Also this now adds a sapling for the fern tree, and two new seeds, the Barrel Cactus and Dwarf Saguaro. Also I have modified the saguaro cactus so that its fruits will regenerate over time.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DancingHoskuld said:

Thank you, herbs now go in the pot and cook.

It is mid winter in my current game, snow on the ground but the herbs are still growing to harvest stage.

That depends on the herb, most are pretty winter hardy and can survive and grow if winter is not to bad. Only tropical herbs, like basil will have a hard time in winter.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.