Wild Farming

jakecool19

8 hours ago, LocoMiner said:

scoring? how do you do it? There isnt anything with the word scoring on this forum topic but this reported bug. 

If you have the latest version of this mod, you should be able to cut a pine tree with a knife to get it to leak resin. If you have interaction help on, it will show when you look at a pine log. (Note: It must be a naturally occurring pine log or one grown from a sapling, not one placed by the player.)

19 hours ago, jakecool19 said:

Also cannot seem to replicate this bug. Do you have any other mods that might change the way logs work like for example Lumberjack

Other than xskills/lib that I think can tweak drop rates, I don't think any of the mods I run modify logs other than crafting recipes that use logs.

18 hours ago, Nomedable said:

Other than xskills/lib that I think can tweak drop rates, I don't think any of the mods I run modify logs other than crafting recipes that use logs.

That is really strange, the scoring behavior is hardcoded to only use grown pine logs, if you were to cut a tree down and place a log can you score that as well? Also this probably will not help. but might be worth a try, could you try uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version of this mod?

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, adres4t said:

HI. There seems to be no recipe for the burlap sack, I went through all the items in game as well as in the zip file and found nothing. I may as well be wrong but please can you check it out?

Thanks.

The burlap sack was removed due to some problems I was having with the storage system.

58 minutes ago, jakecool19 said:

The burlap sack was removed due to some problems I was having with the storage system.

Thanks for the info. Hope you'll be able to bring it back somehow.

There is another mod made by McJty, Fancy tools. I was about to ask him for compatibility with your mod as it is not possible to store wild seeds in that fancy bag, and the bag is very usefull for gathering seeds on long trips. Or the other way around, can you make it compatible?

Cheers!

18 hours ago, adres4t said:

Thanks for the info. Hope you'll be able to bring it back somehow.

There is another mod made by McJty, Fancy tools. I was about to ask him for compatibility with your mod as it is not possible to store wild seeds in that fancy bag, and the bag is very usefull for gathering seeds on long trips. Or the other way around, can you make it compatible?

Cheers!

Unfortunately, his seed bag is hardcoded so I cannot add the ability for it to store my seeds.

2 hours ago, DragooKnight11 said:

Incompatibility with Primitive Survival, veggie chopping overwrites seed extraction.

Like @l33tmaan said, I believe that is an incompatibility with the Expanded foods mod, but I can just simply change the tool to shears so there is no conflict.

• 1 month later...

Could you please add a config option or something to remove your herbs and seeds from the cracked vessel loot pool? It dilutes the loot pool so much it took me 30 vessels in a test world to get cabbage seeds once which is an unrealistic amount for a normal player to open.

Edited by Christian Kane

• 1 month later...
On 6/30/2021 at 10:28 AM, jakecool19 said:

Updated for 1.15! Includes seed extraction for the new crops, plantable spores for the new ferns, seeds for the new flowers, and @Christian Kane reduced drop rates for herb related stuff from loot vessels.

The database says 1.0.0 is for game version 1.14.10.....which is it, or does it work in both???

it does specify in the changelog next to the file; always good to check that before download, especially with the 1.15 mod updates being relatively homeless :P they're either posted here in the specific threads or posted to DB with the info in the changelog

• 3 weeks later...

First of all, thank you for this awesome and very necessary mod.

I just want you to know that in the latest version, we can't cut trees to gather resin anymore. It's so tiresome to search for leaking pine trees, especially when you live in a biome where there aren't many.

I hope you'll be able to fix it, unless I missed something important, and this feature has been removed.

Thanks again 🙂

On 7/20/2021 at 3:48 PM, KaruMy said:

First of all, thank you for this awesome and very necessary mod.

I just want you to know that in the latest version, we can't cut trees to gather resin anymore. It's so tiresome to search for leaking pine trees, especially when you live in a biome where there aren't many.

I hope you'll be able to fix it, unless I missed something important, and this feature has been removed.

Thanks again 🙂

Just released a quick patch to fix this, sorry about that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2020 at 1:47 AM, Godogma said:

Why not just look up how people grow mushrooms in real life and keep it at least semi-realistic like the rest of the game? The more you over-complicate something (especially something that in reality isn't at all difficult) the less likely someone is to use your mod.

Shiitake Mushrooms are grown on hardwood or hardwood sawdust, oyster mushrooms are grown on straw and white button mushrooms are grown on composted manure (typically, but you can get success with regular compost)... A little dirt on top and a spritz of water and a cool, dark, damp place plus a little time and presto!

EDIT - Most types of edible mushrooms can even be grown outside with no issues by drilling holes in logs and leaning them up against something in a stand of trees for cover and spritzing them occasionally if it's not raining enough. Growing mushrooms in somewhat primitive greenhouses dates back to at least the 1800s, so making the process complex and annoying for the player is entirely unnecessary and probably annoying to code as well.

Yeah It can really be something fairly simple like this with a log and damp place. Though mushroom growing can need to be extremely sanitized from what i've read in guides. Because it's very easy for other fungi or molds to get in and take over your cultivation area. Avoiding that back in the 1800's mostly came down to timing/ ideal conditions for the chosen mushroom/ and luck.
From what i can tell the only mushrooms we have are white button, Cremini and Fly Agaric 

I think the concept of just using a log outside ones hut and doing a simply direct process like you mention could totally work, but maybe it's a low yield? Where-as the process below is a bit more effort, but has a chance for bigger yeild.

On 12/1/2020 at 1:19 AM, infinitetech said:

perhaps very low reliability , speed, and yield on soil (better soil for small boosts), a shaded pot for the first step up, a specially shaped, cleansed, and treated nurse log for the second step up, a leather layered growth box for better results yet, and eventually some form of extracted gelatin growth chamber for late game super harvest?  maybe a few more steps throughout.  and maybe augment slots/multiblock improvements with certain mushrooms needing special environments to help them?

Yeah i'm not thinking anything that complex. But still something that takes at least a little effort.

Overall I'm basically thinking like you do the whole drilling wholes in a log thing, Soak it in a barrel (maybe not full & just plain water) essentially just to slightly soften it.
Have new mushroom based item (ether called stalk or mycelium) that you would get from picking the whole mushroom rather than just cutting it. 
      - Crush and mix 5-10 of these with equal parts bonemeal, hay(or maybe something like woodshavings) and 1-2 parts gravel.
      - dig a hole 2 blocks down. place the log in the hole. cover the log with the mixture. water. cover the hole with dirt.
After that idk, a week... maybe 2(or even a few days depending on what feels right given how the time in the game works), and then you have a new mushroom area.
I'd say maybe it only would work in shaded area's, ideally near more trees. 3-5 block radial spread of potential mushroom growth. Maybe with a percent chance based on darkness & distance from trees for each block?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.