Wild Farming

jakecool19

• jakecool19 changed the title to Wild Farming
  • 2 weeks later...

So does trying to pan muddy gravel completely break panning for anyone else? I just recently downloaded and tried this mod and while trying to pan some muddy gravel for a while it wasn't giving me anything. It was doing the animation and it looked like the blocks were getting shorter, but it wasn't actually deleting the blocks and giving me drops from them. I then tried to go back to panning sand and it started doing the same for sand. I knew at this point there must be some kind of glitch going on with this block. So after panning a block until it looked like it was gone, I broke the block I was placing my sand on and a sand block fell in its place. It was funny seeing a sand block just appear out of thin air. XD

New update! This time overhauling tree/sapling growth to be more realistic as well as some QOL additions to the mod itself. Saplings and trees will now need to be planted on farmland and have criteria specific to their kind. Healthy trees planted by the player will grow bigger and regenerate their leaves. Destroying a log, or the farmland the tree is on will kill it! Don't know what a specific tree needs? Check the new in-game guide, Botanist Guide, to see more specific information on tree types. Don't want to be bothered with real life tree stuff? Now this mod has a config for you to disable what you do not want.

In the future, herbs will be removed from this mod and integrated into the Plants Expansion mod.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, infinitetech said:

why not just have the herbs and other "plants expansion" items as toggleable config items or toggleable group files?

Plants Expansions mod already exists and it is made by another author. They want the herbs to make a spice system, as well as introduce their own, and since I have no interest in the food applications of the herbs, so they are better off in their hands. Plus, the nice thing about the herbs is that they are actually unused vanilla assets, so no remaps would be required when they get moved over.

• Like 1

Hi!

Really excited about the regeneration trees.

Is it possible we can get a config option to remove farmland requirement? Or maybe set it so that only trees planted on farmland regeneration, and trees planted off farmland regenerate?

THank you kindly.

Edit: I realized it already works like this, sorry! It wasn't clear. Thanks again!

Edit 2: I realized this is not how it works. Saplings can be planted on normal soil, but the soil must then be tilled to grow.

A config would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Cloaked

19 hours ago, Cloaked said:

Hi!

Really excited about the regeneration trees.

Is it possible we can get a config option to remove farmland requirement? Or maybe set it so that only trees planted on farmland regeneration, and trees planted off farmland regenerate?

THank you kindly.

Edit: I realized it already works like this, sorry! It wasn't clear. Thanks again!

Edit 2: I realized this is not how it works. Saplings can be planted on normal soil, but the soil must then be tilled to grow.

A config would be greatly appreciated.

There already is a config, although it does not have a disable farmland setting. You can disable HarshSaplings and that will make it so that saplings do not care about moisture, temperature, and nutrients.

1 hour ago, jakecool19 said:

There already is a config, although it does not have a disable farmland setting. You can disable HarshSaplings and that will make it so that saplings do not care about moisture, temperature, and nutrients.

Thank you for the response. This helps a lot, but an option to remove farmland requirement is really what I am hoping for. Players on my server don't want to bother with farmland for trees. :(

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ichorus Thief said:

Does anybody know where the main config is? i cant seem to find it! 

If you are on Windows type %appdata% in the Search bar, click the folder that pops up, then VintagestoryData/ModConfigs. There you should see all the configs for all mods that have configs. 

I've tweaked most of the vanilla treegen files. Is there a way to disable all the changes to trees?
Would making "LivingTreesEnabled" false revert all tree gen mechanics to vanilla?
[I did see that having "HarshSaplingsEnabled" set to false does remove the changes to sapling growth.]

Thanks for all your mods They are Really Awesome!
I hope life smoothes out for you. :)

On 9/2/2021 at 7:20 AM, Op Point Baker said:

I've tweaked most of the vanilla treegen files. Is there a way to disable all the changes to trees?
Would making "LivingTreesEnabled" false revert all tree gen mechanics to vanilla?
[I did see that having "HarshSaplingsEnabled" set to false does remove the changes to sapling growth.]

Thanks for all your mods They are Really Awesome!
I hope life smoothes out for you. :)

Disabling Living trees will make it use vanilla mechanics

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way to safely disable the LivingTrees config on an existing save?
I'd been wondering why my planted trees weren't growing and why they demanded farmland, and found out this mod was doing it.
I set LivingTreesEnabled to false, but as a result, attempting to load the save resulted in crashes until I set it back to true, seemingly due to the planted trees existing.

The issue is that I'm not 100% sure of the location of every tree I or anyone else ever planted on the save, and any of them being loaded would cause a crash.

Is there a way to fix this, or some kind of workaround, or am I going to have to play minesweeper with every chunk in the save?

On 9/17/2021 at 2:15 PM, Thranos said:

Is there any way to safely disable the LivingTrees config on an existing save?
I'd been wondering why my planted trees weren't growing and why they demanded farmland, and found out this mod was doing it.
I set LivingTreesEnabled to false, but as a result, attempting to load the save resulted in crashes until I set it back to true, seemingly due to the planted trees existing.

The issue is that I'm not 100% sure of the location of every tree I or anyone else ever planted on the save, and any of them being loaded would cause a crash.

Is there a way to fix this, or some kind of workaround, or am I going to have to play minesweeper with every chunk in the save?

Can you give me the crash log for it?

27 minutes ago, jakecool19 said:

Can you give me the crash log for it?

Turns out I should've just looked at the config and I'd have seen the "no farmland" option.
And sadly, no, I don't have the log handy. Should be easy to reproduce, though, turn LivingTrees off in a world that has planted saplings, then try to load it.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.