Wild Farming

jakecool19

Sometimes lower blocks just disappearing or replacing "?" sign blocks. I understand that control blocks for grown trees. Maybe it is game bug?
Also, when cypresses are 1 cell apart, they die.
Well, a suggestion ->
Сan make forest floor near a tree when there are a lot of trees around? What converges with the onset of the forest, and not single trees that eat away the garden.

19:19:13 [Server Fatal] System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
  at (wrapper stelemref) System.Object.virt_stelemref_sealed_class(intptr,object)
  at Vintagestory.API.Common.RegistryObject.CodeWithPart (System.String part, System.Int32 atPosition) [0x0002d] in <c35009a825774beb829bbd8af877cce6>:0 
  at WildFarming.BEVines.growthMonitior (System.Single dt) [0x00120] in <7cd73a2132e644df84f10f7d0a3bc066>:0 
  at Vintagestory.Common.EventManager.TriggerGameTick (System.Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, Vintagestory.API.Common.IWorldAccessor world) [0x000d3] in <6b6988c5e6264e7e8b7a32e875df9528>:0 
  at Vintagestory.Server.CoreServerEventManager.TriggerGameTick (System.Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, Vintagestory.API.Common.IWorldAccessor world) [0x00000] in <6b6988c5e6264e7e8b7a32e875df9528>:0 
  at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.Process () [0x0020d] in <6b6988c5e6264e7e8b7a32e875df9528>:0

Getting this spammed in my server, causing players to crash.
I'm trying disabling vine growth and see if that helps. Playing VS version 1.16.4, wild farming version 1.2.7

Here's the crash log;
Game Version: v1.16.4 (Stable)
Loaded Mods: ancienttools@1.4.0, animalcages@2.0.6, civbooks@1.3.4, cottagewindows@1.0.3, fixroads@1.3.1, gravelsandfix@1.0.2, necessaries@1.1.1, primitivesurvival@2.8.0, rope-bridges@1.1.0, tradeomat@1.6.0, visibleore@1.0.1, game@1.16.4, alchemy@1.5.9, carrycapacity@0.6.5, extraoverlays@1.1.0, farmlife@1.2.3, flintchisel@1.0.2, lichen@1.6.1, slidingdoor@1.0.0, snowballmod@1.0.0, th3rp@0.1.7, creative@1.16.4, survival@1.16.4, wildfarming@1.2.7, xrowboat@0.0.3, bricklayers@0.8.2, wildcraft@1.2.0
3/5/2022 11:17:31 AM: Critical error occurred
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.RegistryObject.CodeWithPart(String part, Int32 atPosition)
   at WildFarming.BEVines.growthMonitior(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Common.EventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainRenderLoop(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainGameLoop(Single deltaTime)
   at _4Bi1AGVssrIO0El8b8ygdS9FIfm._o5h005s1ovnxSPPqKWgI4tZUoCh(Single )
   at _lAuHsYOBOAjBMdATFXwLUtH7N00._JvY4M2412YZu1OS3Ull8wgZBu1j(Single )
   at _lAuHsYOBOAjBMdATFXwLUtH7N00._KmBeEx15nyyLrVqNDW6geSArpNr(Single )
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 479
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame() in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 454
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 375
   at _TRhArnJABwZoV9Vt7Ld2l65Xzgg._mhlr8s7wtMvxaJGpVy2Ag90jUBK(_3HJA5NvAIx31LXjscc3HGjXaR6q , String[] )
   at _q0zAVOrWbMX04rMA9G3HIFVuGjA._mhlr8s7wtMvxaJGpVy2Ag90jUBK(ThreadStart )

Edited by Aphelion

On 2/28/2022 at 3:54 AM, Ambulate In Somnis said:

Sometimes lower blocks just disappearing or replacing "?" sign blocks. I understand that control blocks for grown trees. Maybe it is game bug?
Also, when cypresses are 1 cell apart, they die.
Well, a suggestion ->
Сan make forest floor near a tree when there are a lot of trees around? What converges with the onset of the forest, and not single trees that eat away the garden.

I'm not able to replicate this, and I do not think I quite understand can you explain what you mean by them disappearing? And what tree is it that does this. As for the forest floor, the way it is now, it only places the floor once, when it fully matures. If I did it the way you have suggested, then it could do it repeatedly, and many people did not like when that happened with the old way.

I've had a few Redwood saplings disappear on me.  They get close to where there's like a day left of growth, and then they just aren't there when I check back the next day.  Anyone else have this problem?  I've also had the trunks of grown trees, the part you can look at to get their health and such, disappear randomly as well, leaving just the tree above floating in one tile of air.

4 hours ago, Killer-of-Lawyers said:

I've had a few Redwood saplings disappear on me.  They get close to where there's like a day left of growth, and then they just aren't there when I check back the next day.  Anyone else have this problem?  I've also had the trunks of grown trees, the part you can look at to get their health and such, disappear randomly as well, leaving just the tree above floating in one tile of air.

I believe I may have had one walnut sapling disappear when it was supposed to transition from a sapling into the first stage of growth as a tree, but so far this would be the first of dozens of seeds that I've planted while using Wild Farming. I also have only planted a single redwood seed, and it has yet to grow past a sapling.

• 1 month later...

It would be great to have a tooltip on saplings about their needs. Curently they just die silently without telling you why. Health seems to be displayed on the log blocks, but also no needs. Wasted some week trying to grow pines. Saplings died or popped out of ground the whole time.

EDIT: Ok I found the needs for the tree type. I tried to grow it in the right conditions and still the saplings popped out...

Edited by Pengwin

My best guess is that this is affected by rain/weather.

I planted 12 saplings in an area with a lot of rain. -> all 12 grew

I planted 16 saplings in an area with "rare" rain. -> 3 saplings made it to the tree stage. the 13 other saplings "disappeared". (Popped out and despawned most likely)

• 2 weeks later...

Having problems with the saplings as well on my server. Seems mostly like Oak saplings. As well as some of the fully grown trees do not cut down properly, leaving tops floating in the air. Disabled "harsh saplings" but that didnt seem to change anything.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just released an update that is a refactor of the tree growth mechanic. Living trees will no longer use the special trunk block at the bottom, and will instead be comprised purely of vanilla blocks. So chopping trees and removing this mod while having living trees in the world, should be fine. Also, for the time being I have completely removed the termite mechanic and termite mounds from foliage repopulation. Flower seed yields were nerfed to match Wild Craft seed recipes.

21 hours ago, Magmarashi said:

Ok, so, vanilla flowers now only yield 1 seed for 2 flowers like Wild Craft but, unlike Wild Craft, vanilla flowers don't leave behind a root when harvested that regrows. You get 1 plant from 1 seed, and now 1 seed from 2 plants. Why?

I have reverted it back to the original recipe in the latest patch.

Versions past v1.2.8 cause a CTD when I look at trees (specifically the lowest trunk block) I had previously planted.

7/6/2022 1:52:24 AM: Critical error occurred
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at WildFarming.BlockEntityTrunk.GetBlockInfo(IPlayer forPlayer, StringBuilder dsc)
   at WildFarming.BlockBehaviorEntityInfo.GetPlacedBlockInfo(IWorldAccessor world, BlockPos pos, IPlayer forPlayer)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Block.GetPlacedBlockInfo(IWorldAccessor world, BlockPos pos, IPlayer forPlayer)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.HudElementBlockAndEntityInfo.ComposeBlockInfoHud()
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.HudElementBlockAndEntityInfo.BlockInView()
   at Vintagestory.Common.EventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world)
   at _esGsESICkihAc8ShXuIoQwZFwP4._lPY9uZeagiMGC6tvSE11dF7naaz(Single )
   at _8UC8FAMhwKY89IbtSRDjsNSApPJ._KbwUAfxjCHyIG0aK445AAA9FHl5(Single )
   at _8UC8FAMhwKY89IbtSRDjsNSApPJ._R0wAt2N0TpONMxGD0HJG3bDrRcI(Single )
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 476
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame() in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 452
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 375
   at _7zNxEbLnuy6Bq08TdMSIu9ZbrKf._vvUTh6X5xLRNnjtX2xSE7z8yMeh(_SUsdg1ytavxaRcNNkhfDrODGhGP , String[] )
   at _yA4PJazdKq1OMm8H6js6v5AhQB._vvUTh6X5xLRNnjtX2xSE7z8yMeh(ThreadStart )

Edited by Thranos

8 hours ago, Thranos said:

Versions past v1.2.8 cause a CTD when I look at trees (specifically the lowest trunk block) I had previously planted.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at WildFarming.BlockEntityTrunk.GetBlockInfo(IPlayer forPlayer, StringBuilder dsc)
   at WildFarming.BlockBehaviorEntityInfo.GetPlacedBlockInfo(IWorldAccessor world, BlockPos pos, IPlayer forPlayer)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Block.GetPlacedBlockInfo(IWorldAccessor world, BlockPos pos, IPlayer forPlayer)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 476
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame() in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 452
   at _7zNxEbLnuy6Bq08TdMSIu9ZbrKf._vvUTh6X5xLRNnjtX2xSE7z8yMeh(_SUsdg1ytavxaRcNNkhfDrODGhGP , String[] )

Getting this exact same crash with my client, it's not fun.

Running on 64 bit Windows with 32 GB RAM 
Game Version: v1.16.5 (Stable)
Loaded Mods: acorns@0.5.1, backpackpackplus@1.0.3, cottagewindows@1.0.7, expandedfoods@1.5.4, fancysky@1.0.4, HangingOilLamps@1.0.1, moredungeons@0.1.1, MoreTorchHolders@1.0.0, necessaries@1.1.2, orecrystals@1.3.6, primitivesurvival@2.9.5, rackablefirestarter@1.0.0, stackables@2.0.5, superfuel@2.0.7, survivalcats@1.2.3-rc.2, vtpp@1.0.0, game@1.16.5, alchemy@1.6.3, captureanimals@2.1.1, carrycapacity@0.6.5, farmlanddropssoil@1.4.0, farmlife@1.2.3, fixbadrecipes@1.0.2, fixhandbookclutter@1.0.4, fromgoldencombs@1.3.13, hudclock@2.7.0, lichen@1.6.1, medievalexpansion@3.7.1, petai@1.4.4, prospectorinfo@3.1.2, singlepause@1.0.3, slidingdoor@1.0.0, tpnet@1.6.0, usefulstuff@2.3.2, vanvar@1.1.3, creative@1.16.5, survival@1.16.5, wildfarming@1.3.1, woodchests@1.0.3, xrowboat@0.0.3, metalrecovery@0.1.16, cavebeacons@1.0.4, compatibilityfix@1.0.0, doffanddonagain@2.0.0, foxtaming@1.0.0-pre.1, stonepiles@1.0.4, wildcraft@1.2.3, wolftaming@1.4.2, bricklayers@0.9.2
7/6/2022 10:05:00 AM: Critical error occurred
-------------------------------

Event Log entries containing Vintagestory.exe, the latest 3
==================================
{ TimeGenerated = 7/6/2022 10:04:49 AM, Site = , Source = Windows Error Reporting, Message = Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: AppHangTransient
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Vintagestory.exe
P2: 1.16.5.0
P3: 625674b5
P4: unknown
P5: unknown
P6: unknown
P7: unknown
P8: 
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER1D3B.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER1D4C.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER1D4B.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER1D8A.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 7dbb6b42-0af0-4637-9390-69d700b5de33
Report Status: 2049
Hashed bucket: 
Cab Guid: 0 }
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 7/6/2022 5:00:57 AM, Site = , Source = .NET Runtime, Message = Application: Vintagestory.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0020001, exception address 00007FF90CB84FD9
Stack:
 }
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 7/5/2022 5:22:57 PM, Site = , Source = .NET Runtime, Message = Application: Vintagestory.exe
Stack:
   at System.Environment._Exit(Int32)
   at System.Environment.Exit(Int32)
   at System.EventHandler`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Invoke(System.Object, System.__Canon)
   at OpenTK.NativeWindow.OnClosedInternal(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
   at System.EventHandler`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Invoke(System.Object, System.__Canon)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.HandleDestroy(IntPtr, OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.WindowProcedure(IntPtr, OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Functions.DestroyWindow(IntPtr)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.DestroyWindow()
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.WindowProcedure(IntPtr, OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Functions.DispatchMessage(OpenTK.Platform.Windows.MSG ByRef)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Functions.DispatchMessage(OpenTK.Platform.Windows.MSG ByRef)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.ProcessEvents()
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double, Double)
   at _7zNxEbLnuy6Bq08TdMSIu9ZbrKf._vvUTh6X5xLRNnjtX2xSE7z8yMeh(_SUsdg1ytavxaRcNNkhfDrODGhGP, System.String[])
   at _yA4PJazdKq1OMm8H6js6v5AhQB._vvUTh6X5xLRNnjtX2xSE7z8yMeh(System.Threading.ThreadStart)
   at _7zNxEbLnuy6Bq08TdMSIu9ZbrKf._Y05IfXM9WkIspw6hPrVSMF7UXwF(System.String[])
 }

18 hours ago, Thranos said:

10 hours ago, Katlamos said:

Getting this exact same crash with my client, it's not fun.

Running on 64 bit Windows with 32 GB RAM 
Game Version: v1.16.5 (Stable)
Loaded Mods: acorns@0.5.1, backpackpackplus@1.0.3, cottagewindows@1.0.7, expandedfoods@1.5.4, fancysky@1.0.4, HangingOilLamps@1.0.1, moredungeons@0.1.1, MoreTorchHolders@1.0.0, necessaries@1.1.2, orecrystals@1.3.6, primitivesurvival@2.9.5, rackablefirestarter@1.0.0, stackables@2.0.5, superfuel@2.0.7, survivalcats@1.2.3-rc.2, vtpp@1.0.0, game@1.16.5, alchemy@1.6.3, captureanimals@2.1.1, carrycapacity@0.6.5, farmlanddropssoil@1.4.0, farmlife@1.2.3, fixbadrecipes@1.0.2, fixhandbookclutter@1.0.4, fromgoldencombs@1.3.13, hudclock@2.7.0, lichen@1.6.1, medievalexpansion@3.7.1, petai@1.4.4, prospectorinfo@3.1.2, singlepause@1.0.3, slidingdoor@1.0.0, tpnet@1.6.0, usefulstuff@2.3.2, vanvar@1.1.3, creative@1.16.5, survival@1.16.5, wildfarming@1.3.1, woodchests@1.0.3, xrowboat@0.0.3, metalrecovery@0.1.16, cavebeacons@1.0.4, compatibilityfix@1.0.0, doffanddonagain@2.0.0, foxtaming@1.0.0-pre.1, stonepiles@1.0.4, wildcraft@1.2.3, wolftaming@1.4.2, bricklayers@0.9.2
7/6/2022 10:05:00 AM: Critical error occurred
-------------------------------

Event Log entries containing Vintagestory.exe, the latest 3
==================================
{ TimeGenerated = 7/6/2022 10:04:49 AM, Site = , Source = Windows Error Reporting, Message = Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: AppHangTransient
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Vintagestory.exe
P2: 1.16.5.0
P3: 625674b5
P4: unknown
P5: unknown
P6: unknown
P7: unknown
P8: 
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER1D3B.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER1D4C.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER1D4B.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER1D8A.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 7dbb6b42-0af0-4637-9390-69d700b5de33
Report Status: 2049
Hashed bucket: 
Cab Guid: 0 }
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 7/6/2022 5:00:57 AM, Site = , Source = .NET Runtime, Message = Application: Vintagestory.exe
Stack:
 }
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 7/5/2022 5:22:57 PM, Site = , Source = .NET Runtime, Message = Application: Vintagestory.exe
Stack:
   at System.Environment.Exit(Int32)
   at OpenTK.NativeWindow.OnClosedInternal(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.HandleDestroy(IntPtr, OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.DestroyWindow()
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.ProcessEvents()
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double, Double)
   at _7zNxEbLnuy6Bq08TdMSIu9ZbrKf._vvUTh6X5xLRNnjtX2xSE7z8yMeh(_SUsdg1ytavxaRcNNkhfDrODGhGP, System.String[])
   at _yA4PJazdKq1OMm8H6js6v5AhQB._vvUTh6X5xLRNnjtX2xSE7z8yMeh(System.Threading.ThreadStart)
   at _7zNxEbLnuy6Bq08TdMSIu9ZbrKf._Y05IfXM9WkIspw6hPrVSMF7UXwF(System.String[])
 }

Released a patch which should help with this crash and the backward compatibility in general.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, jakecool19 said:

Released a patch which should help with this crash and the backward compatibility in general.

So, I'm still getting this crash, HOWEVER, I have discovered it's only happening on my multiplayer server. Seems to be the exact same crash error as before

11 hours ago, Lostar said:

Looking at the base of some trees (think it was a pine this time) is still crashing players on the server after updating the hotfix.

Currently I only have 4 tree types (pine, Kapok, acacia, and ebony) growing in my area on my server and none of those are causing crashes anymore

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.