ZigTheHedge

I've been trying to find out what causes a trade o rug crash, but I can't find anything definitive. So far, it seems to crash when there's oak saplings in a rug, after you've walked to it from far away; it doesn't crash if you log next to it. The crash may be related to opening the rug normally, then as owner, and sometimes the oak saplings don't show in the rug.

Overall, I'm just confused.

• 3 weeks later...

Trying to do simple things with mod files keeps me humble...

I'm trying to turn off the vending machine option. I've unpacked the mod file and opened the patches/disabler file and altered the vending machine file to /disable, zipped it back up with no luck- vending machine still is in the game.  I've also left that line at /enable and changed the following line to /true

I've also changed it to /disableVendingMaching, /disableVendingMachine and set the following line to true as well as left it at false.. vending machine remains.

I've tried every combination I can think of in the disabler-/vendingmachine file and can't get the machine out of the game.

Help?

Why are you messing with mod files? ;)) All you have to do is to run the game with mod once, go to ModConfig folder inside your VintagestoryData folder, find the desired config file, and edit it to your needs. Altering mod files is not recommended and even forbidden by license for some mods.

10 hours ago, ZigTheHedge said:

Why are you messing with mod files? ;)) All you have to do is to run the game with mod once, go to ModConfig folder inside your VintagestoryData folder, find the desired config file, and edit it to your needs. Altering mod files is not recommended and even forbidden by license for some mods.

One, this is a new trick for me, installing mods on a public server with a hosting service I've not used before. Mod config file did not show up immediately after running the game the first time. No idea why, and I figured I may have to modify the mod a bit to get the vending machine out and thought I might be able to do that as I outlined trying above.

Two, mod config file is showing now, so I should be able to turn off the vending machine as mod was originally intended to allow for.

Sorry for stepping on toes. ;)

• ZigTheHedge changed the title to Trade-o-mat [v1.5.7]
  • 2 weeks later...

friends hosting a single player game opened to internet play with friends, all of us have this mod installed and getting the following errors

1 - When using the trado-mat [crate kind] when used seemed to make a duplicate/ghost item when placed into a slot that does not keep the item sold or the item to be used as payment listed.

2 - when using the Trade o mat and trade o rug when placeing the item in the slot or shift right clicking the stall to set the sell of the items the game crashes, have the errors if you want me to pass along, its prity consistant in its replication

2 hours ago, Blake Webb said:

and trade-o-mat 1.15-pre.1:

Why are you using version for VS 1.15-pre.1 while playing 1.14.10? ;) That's not the mod version. That's VS version :) You need to use the one for 1.14. (this one: https://www.vintagestory.at/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=7468)

Edited by ZigTheHedge

• 1 month later...

Fellow players and I were lamenting the lack of food preservation on trade o mats, when it came to our attention that you can place a trade o mat in a room that counts as a cellar, and it will have regular cellar preservation bonuses. It would be even better, however, if there was a trade o mat that had vessel bonuses.

Enter the Vend o Vessel. Made using a vessel and glass pane, this trade o mat variant has the vessel's food preservation bonuses for grain and vegetables, while allowing players to buy its products safely.

Vend o vessels, the future of pie trading!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I know this would be difficult to implement, but you should consider implementing various other coin types, as well as potentially a mechanical coin press that could maybe give coins a metadata id to prevent counterfeiting on servers where it's illegal?

This mod for terra firma craft has a coin press that's a great representation of kinda what im talking about, with specific coin molds that can be duplicated but not recreated from scratch

https://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/7563-tfc-07923-merchants-addon-for-tfc/?__cf_chl_managed_tk__=pmd_3v68Rb_htLHAtyz1qf7Jqia0u4SLDlru.2sIFvdeofs-1631579576-0-gqNtZGzNAuWjcnBszRSl

• Like 1

• ZigTheHedge changed the title to Trade-o-mat [v1.5.8]
  • ZigTheHedge changed the title to Trade-o-mat [v1.5.9]
  • 5 weeks later...

Version: v1.15.9 (Stable)11/10/2021 8:18:38 PM: Critical error occurred
System.ArgumentException: Fatal: Trying to render an uninitialized or disposed mesh
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.RenderMesh(MeshRef modelRef)
   at tradeomat.src.TradeomatBlock.DealRenderer.OnRenderFrame(Single deltaTime, EnumRenderStage stage)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainRenderLoop(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainGameLoop(Single deltaTime)
   at _rnlVSzJ2AGPu2719D3re8Z7kN2c._iCctvUrJRYdSyJrBVxt5h8N0k5h(Single )
   at _o0lbNJXQO06me4d8j661Kh7y0zO._HmSBpw6fP4XFLEcv29tc0ifOKYvb(Single )
   at _o0lbNJXQO06me4d8j661Kh7y0zO._3U99eoPu0PaDLPVrL8tfzH5UDEJ(Single )
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   at _M48MnHH5BAvHUzcYoEuchRW0acb._e0atQ8VmmvgBK7zb3Yh4iDqOiHY(_UGHNIsOGTJBe1BTRXYmLwHTbmS , String[] )
   at _xNqQDGqRsRSMIeuzt2MHKQHDzSd._e0atQ8VmmvgBK7zb3Yh4iDqOiHY(ThreadStart )

Player was trying to sell chiselled blocks with it.

Edited by CoB_Kai

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.