ZigTheHedge

• ZigTheHedge changed the title to Trade-o-mat [v1.5.0B]
  • ZigTheHedge changed the title to Trade-o-mat [v1.5.1B]
On 2/14/2021 at 12:40 AM, Ardos said:

Понизь количество монет при выплавке, если переходить на такую валюту, то она быстро потеряет свою цену, то есть инфлянция) 

The number of coins will not affect inflation in any way. It will only cause inconvenience. The value of one coin out of 1 ingot is identical to the value of 4 coins out of 1 ingot. But you can't buy something for half a coin...

@ZigTheHedge Could you add an option into the mod config file to disable the more high-tech variant of the trade-o-mat? We like to go tribal on our server and the machine would not fit in, so i would like to disable the crafting recipe for the vending machine variant. The same goes for coins. Tribes do not use them. If you cant do this, i'll have to figure out something myself. Just asking.

Edited by Kai Effelsberg

• ZigTheHedge changed the title to Trade-o-mat [v1.5.2B]

Got the following server error on loading V1.5.2-B. Maybe a compatibility issue with more variants?

21.2.2021 15:24:42 [Error] Grid Recipe with output Block code tradeomat:tomat-crate-north contains an ingredient that cannot be resolved: Block code morevariants:chest-east
21.2.2021 15:24:42 [Error] Grid Recipe with output Block code tradeomat:tomat-tall-north contains an ingredient that cannot be resolved: Block code morevariants:chest-east

• Like 1

• ZigTheHedge changed the title to Trade-o-mat [v1.5.4B]
  • 3 weeks later...

Just installed the mod on my client side game and tried it out. Brilliantly done, let me say. Very nice work!

This might be the only mod I consider installing on my multiplayer server.

My only concern would be the main concern that makes me want to avoid adding any mods in the first place- ensuring that my online server world is never hijacked by a mod that is no longer being updated at some point in the future.

At the very least it seems that I could edit the config file to remove coins so that we are only dealing in merchandise that already exists in the core game. If I ever had to remove the mod due to it no longer being maintained, only the stalls would be lost.

Truly hope something like this finds its way into the core game.

~TH~

1 hour ago, Thalius said:

Brilliantly done, let me say. Very nice work!

1 hour ago, Thalius said:

by a mod that is no longer being updated at some point in the future.

There's no such danger with Vintage Story. First of all - mod API is a pretty solid approach, which doesn't change that much over a time of version changing, so most mods either stays compatible after VS update, or requires just a bit of rewriting. Even if some particular mod will be abandoned, server admin can just delete it from the pack without hurting the world much.

19 minutes ago, ZigTheHedge said:Even if some particular mod will be abandoned, server admin can just delete it from the pack without hurting the world much.

More an issue of something like, with this mod as an example: 

Player  x has acquired a small fortune in coins from his trade network, but the mod no longer works with the recent update and is no longer supported. Mid must be removed from server, and all coins are lost with it.

However, it looks like there may be a way to modify the config file to remove coins from the mod, meaning we could trade only in resources that exist in the core game.  That would alleviate any potential issues I think. Removing the mod would remove the trade stalls and such, and I assume the items stored on them, but that would be all.

Sorry to ask this here, but it also seems some others have wanted to edit the mod for their own multiplayer environment:

If I am to edit out the coins and the vending machine from the mod for the server, do all the server members have to have a copy of the mod installed that removes those things? 

I really only want to use the trade-o-rug and the market stall variations for my the Wilderlands server, without the use of coins.  I have no experience yet trying to load mods into a multiplayer server. That feature will be open to VS hosted servers soon though.  I just need to make sure I know how to properly prepare the modifications for this mod that I'm looking for.

• 2 weeks later...

Bug when accessing the rugs:

Version: v1.14.8 (Stable)23/03/2021 11:21:02 AM: Critical error occurred
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ShapeTesselator.TesselateShape(String type, AssetLocation name, CompositeShape compositeShape, MeshData& modeldata, ITexPositionSource texSource, Int32 generalGlowLevel, Byte climateColorMapIndex, Byte seasonColorMapIndex, Nullable1 quantityElements, String[] selectiveElements)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ShapeTesselator.TesselateBlock(Block block, CompositeShape compositeShape, MeshData& modeldata, TextureSource texSource, Nullable`1 quantityElements, String[] selectiveElements)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ShapeTesselator.TesselateBlock(Block block, MeshData& meshdata)
   at tradeomat.src.Utils.BEContainerDisplayPatch.genMesh(ItemStack stack, Int32 index)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityDisplay.updateMesh(Int32 index)
   at tradeomat.src.TradeomatBlock.Rug.BERug.updateMesh(Int32 index)
   at tradeomat.src.TradeomatBlock.Rug.BERug.UpdateShape()
   at tradeomat.src.TradeomatBlock.Rug.BERug.OnReceivedServerPacket(Int32 packetid, Byte[] data)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.GeneralPacketHandler.HandleBlockEntityMessage(_uQLFO3G34CNPass7LE9Zs5TcuUF packet)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.ExecuteMainThreadTasks(Single deltaTime)
   at _jeEziyUSYl0BpbOxT46FYwj5VWL._t25VgrofhlXMw6hHEZh8JHhJz1A(Single )
   at _idIkJkIueHHf3Oz2WNlBdD0E1XR._DvzT6D0wN3fMakeuDyljJJ09hok(Single )
   at _idIkJkIueHHf3Oz2WNlBdD0E1XR._V5piYzG7beYPldE6UVxY58dqacE(Single )

• ZigTheHedge changed the title to Trade-o-mat [v1.5.5]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.