Rope Bridges v1.1.0 - updated for VS 1.15

ozBillo

12 minutes ago, Владислав Кудряшов said:

If i do so it says that player is on the way. So jumping is to temporary move player away

Yeah. Placing the first middle piece against the end is almost impossible while you're on the end. You have to stand on the post to do it.

After that the sneak method should work okay for the other middle blocks.

• ozBillo changed the title to Rope Bridges v1.0.4 - now with sticks variant

getting a crash when I hit h to show recipe on a few of them, tried stick and dirt bridge. doesn't seem like I'm missing any dependencies.
dirt bridge also shows a weird long name.

suggestion:
some angled bridges to make longer ones look like they are hanging.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdmJhN_qFvOJS2O8oqcwdC2fiDFIgFBkMZp6dzkUjfRXJVgBq5ebGCr7Lyjg&s

secondary, would rope ladders be possible with the same style?
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/content/dam/ngdotcom/rights-exempt/cardstacks/General/photography/01_renan_ozturk_honey_hunter.adapt.133.1.jpg

Spoiler

Version: v1.13.4 (Stable)2020-11-30 8:01:04 PM: Critical error occurred
System.ArgumentException: Attempted to resolve the recipe ingredient wildcard Block game:stickslayer-wooden-* but there are no such items/blocks!
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.SlideshowGridRecipeTextComponent..ctor(ICoreClientAPI capi, GridRecipe[] gridrecipes, Double size, EnumFloat floatType, Action`1 onStackClicked, ItemStack[] allStacks)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.CollectibleObject.GetHandbookInfo(ItemSlot inSlot, ICoreClientAPI capi, ItemStack[] allStacks, ActionConsumable`1 openDetailPageFor)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiHandbookItemStackPage.GetPageText(ICoreClientAPI capi, ItemStack[] allStacks, ActionConsumable`1 openDetailPageFor)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.GuiDialogHandbook.initDetailGui()
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.GuiDialogHandbook.OpenDetailPageFor(String pageCode)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.ModSystemHandbook.OnHelpHotkey(KeyCombination key)
   at _yr9yuLESIXbmUAJtjZWuynSpQGC._3UK5YbcwN9zkAuIe8DoiykUGBhJ(KeyEvent , IWorldAccessor , IPlayer , Boolean , Boolean , Boolean )
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.OnKeyDown(KeyEvent args)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.game_KeyDown(Object sender, KeyboardKeyEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.Platform.NativeWindowBase.OnKeyDown(Key key, Boolean repeat)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.HandleKeyboard(IntPtr handle, WindowMessage message, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.WindowProcedure(IntPtr handle, WindowMessage message, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Functions.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.ProcessEvents()
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   at _lYLQLGyldvbDG9rPQyiRVeIqQVp._EEzpApWBQHtHR4iMJabXK2wDvlA(_ex0VSgRAdtsvhANmJHZHaf9ATWt , String[] )
   at _IcGByoJhapvESnm6vaOawAHbkeU._EEzpApWBQHtHR4iMJabXK2wDvlA(ThreadStart )

• ozBillo changed the title to Rope Bridges v1.0.5 - with PT-BR and RU translations
  • ozBillo changed the title to Rope Bridges v1.0.6 - increased collision height
  • 1 month later...

It's happened to me, too. It's kind of hard to duplicate, but I think it happens when I get too close to the railing. It happened a lot more before you increased the collision height to make this more compatible with StepUp, but it still happens rarely now. Before, I would automatically climb the railing and fall off - about half the time there I would take 0.5 gravity damage, give or take.

• Thanks 1

@Tech_Rabbit @l33tmaan
I was able to duplicate the problem.
It's only happening on stick bridges 4 blocks or more above the ground.
The more time you spend on the bridge the more damage you take.

After a lot of tests I found a fix. I made the collision box the same as the wood bridges.
Not sure why, but it seems to work.
New version up shortly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.